IS ANYBODY ELSE GLAD WE DIDNT PURSUE ANY OF THE BIG NAME VETERAN WIDE RECIEVERS THIS OFFSEASON?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

IS ANYBODY ELSE GLAD WE DIDNT PURSUE ANY OF THE BIG NAME VETERAN WIDE RECIEVERS THIS OFFSEASON?

I remember just a few months ago the sky was falling and everyone was wanting to sign Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards.  More recently it was TO.  Before everyone jumps all over me Im not saying the guys we have are better or even as good as these recievers YET, what I am saying is that I think we have a pretty deep stable of recievers who look pretty good to me and Im excited to watch them mature and see what they are capable of.  Signing more veterans would have put these guys on the backburner again and by the sound of things they are ready to start contributing NOW.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchman333. Show mitchman333's posts

Re: IS ANYBODY ELSE GLAD WE DIDNT PURSUE ANY OF THE BIG NAME VETERAN WIDE RECIEVERS THIS OFFSEASON?

In Response to IS ANYBODY ELSE GLAD WE DIDNT PURSUE ANY OF THE BIG NAME VETERAN WIDE RECIEVERS THIS OFFSEASON?:

No, I wish we had some younger/talented starter WR's to work with to be honest with you...     between age, injuries, and young WR's who never seem to make it on the field - I think our WR's are a big weakness this year.  I still wish we went after Dez Bryant, but I'm sure he never would have made it ont he field too....

we'll see - but I do not share your excitement at this position.

--  Mitchman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: IS ANYBODY ELSE GLAD WE DIDNT PURSUE ANY OF THE BIG NAME VETERAN WIDE RECIEVERS THIS OFFSEASON?

You sort of have to choose where you are going to spend your money. We had talent at WR so I think they chose wisely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to IS ANYBODY ELSE GLAD WE DIDNT PURSUE ANY OF THE BIG NAME VETERAN WIDE RECIEVERS THIS OFFSEASON?:
    [QUOTE]I remember just a few months ago the sky was falling and everyone was wanting to sign Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards.  More recently it was TO.  Before everyone jumps all over me Im not saying the guys we have are better or even as good as these recievers YET, what I am saying is that I think we have a pretty deep stable of recievers who look pretty good to me and Im excited to watch them mature and see what they are capable of.  Signing more veterans would have put these guys on the backburner again and by the sound of things they are ready to start contributing NOW.
    Posted by JBonesky[/QUOTE]

If Brandon Tate turns into (a humble) Brandon Marshall, I'm 100% with you. He appears to have that type of athleticism; whether he has great football skills remains to be seen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'm glad we didnt go after Dez. #1 he's hurt already and he's not looking like a team player so far. Yeah I know its rookie hazing but its a tradition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm glad they didn't go after recievers.  One of the young promising guys would have to get cut if they did.  Don't think they need recievers.  I would have liked to see them bring in an OLB to compete but I don't know of any that were available.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: IS ANYBODY ELSE GLAD WE DIDNT PURSUE ANY OF THE BIG NAME VETERAN WIDE RECIEVERS THIS OFFSEASON?:
    [QUOTE]Well I am glad we didnt but i am also super glad we signed Torry Holt.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I was glad we signed Tory also, but he might have a difficult time making this Team after the talent I see in this group of receivers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Torry Holt was definitely a solid signing.  I was also glad we picked him up.  Route running seems to be the skill that recievers never lose and he is excelent at in.  Of course with so many young guys you want a veteran with solid charactor helping to show them the ropes.  I had meant to mention that in my original post, thanks for reminding me.  Another point I had meant to bring up is when things are tough and we need a few yards for a first down Brady has a new check down in some big bodied sure handed tight ends.  Should help to take some of the pressure off our wide recievers and keep us from having to force passes which is when Brady makes the miniscule amount of mistakes that he does make.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

<----- Raises his hand. We already have one of if not the best #1 and #2 receivers in the league. All we needed was a #3 and none of the big names would have wanted to be a #3. From what I've seen that is usually the domain for your younger players to get their feet wet and take over that #1 or #2 spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If a big name WR came in you would close the door on Tate and Price.  The Pats need to find out what they have here.

There are some on this board that as soon as a name player is avaiable they jump all over it without thinking of the players the Pats have or the scheme the Pats play.  Or they simply don't know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I still wish we traded for Boldin but that could change depending on a number of things:

1) How Holt performs. If he could be a good stop gap then this year won't be hurt without Boldin

2) How Price and Tate develope. If either become a true #1 at best or a good #2 at worst then that lessens the impact of not having a Boldin

3) If Moss is resigned. Holt's a 1 year stop gap, even with Welker it would be asking a lot for either Price or Tate after only 1 full year of onfield play to take over the 1/2 WR position

4) How Spikes and Cunningham develope. Since it took a 3rd and 4th to get Boldin and we didn't have a 4th at the time of the trade it most likely would have been for 1 of our 2nds. Those 2nds turned into Cunningham and Spikes

If at least 2 of those 4 succeed then I'm happy we didn't trade for Boldin. Personally I like to see the rookies develope and if they do then I don't mind spending Moss's money on a couple upgrades for the team or if Holt doesn't work out then Price or Tate can take over.

However, the other big name WRs that were out there I didn't care for any of them and am glad they stayed away (except for Walter, I liked him too)