is anybody happy with this draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

is anybody happy with this draft?

if so, please explain. i need to be brought back off the ledge. oh and also i'm not interested in hearing about value or draft boards. i want to know how this team is now ready to win a playoff game. thank you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: is anybody happy with this draft?

In Response to is anybody happy with this draft?:
    [QUOTE]if so, please explain. i need to be brought back off the ledge. oh and also i'm not interested in hearing about value or draft boards. i want to know how this team is now ready to win a playoff game. thank you.
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

Yes every other team in the AFC East is thrilled about it. (and Indy, SD, Pitss.  etc...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I am EXCITED about this draft....we are just one long-snapper away from going 19-0 this year !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Two RBs this year, two TEs last year... a punter, a QB.... and you didn't know those positions were dire needs, did you? Forget about a pass rusher. That's obviously not a problem. BB says so.

BB is an amaing brilliant genius beyond compare, so we should never ever question his dazzling brilliance. After all, he did win the SB only six short years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I will tell you after the 2012 draft...lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm very happy with Solder and Dowling but pretty disappointed that they didn't address OLB or WR with 1 of those running back picks. Would have preferred Justin Houston to Vereen. But hey, I have faith, Bill must have something up his sleeve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

I like this draft.  Got a future hall of fame tackle in solder and another stud cb in dowling, restocked our rb's and got a great great developmental qb which we can trade or hoyer. 
    now I would like a pass rusher, but either they couldn't trade up for a quinn or they didnt like brook reed.  I'm fine with passing on justin houston, he is vernon gholston 2.

plus our defense is so young we need a vet and free agency is still coming.  If they get a decent free agent I love this draft, but if they don't address the pass rush through free agency or a trade this may turn into a bad draft. 

you can't put a circle into a peg square.  BB didn't like the talent out there.  frankly who are we to argue that.  Still some talent left in draft.  Allen bailey de miami and mark herzlich from boston college are 2 i like a lot.  Herzlich is a stud, measureables are down for obvious reasons.  Each day he gets closer to his real skill level.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I'm very happy so far. Looking at this team before the draft, the bottom line is that we needed to get younger on offense, and really don't need to get any younger on defense.

A veteran pass rushing OLB I think would be a much better fit (and would probably make Cunningham a better player) on this team than a rookie would, in my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

OK - forget for a moment how far some people fell in this draft. And forget for the moment we had 2 in each of the first 3 rounds. Lets see what we got IF the picks made pan out decently:

1. got a long-term standout OLT
    2. got a solid CB who has the size and skills to cover the bigger WRs - something missing in the current group. Also adding depth.
    3. Added RB Vareen who hopefully gives a solid feature back who can break them for more than 9 yards (the yardage of expiration for BJGE)
    4. Added solid inside runner - short yardage runner, blocker
    5. Added a developmental QB who has an unusually strong arm and there is lots of time to develop him...
    6. Added another 1st round pick next year
    7. Added another 2nd round pick next year

ALL THE ABOVE ARE GOOD THINGS (assuming they pan out).

Yet the one, single, glaring, mission critical weakness, the lack of a professional pass rush could not be addressed in the first 96 picks of this DEEP draft????????

You can make a case, assuming these players pan out, that they have added talent and have a better, more perfect team AND 2 ADDITIONAL high round picks next year. But (1) zero addressing of a pass rush that would be challenged for effectiveness by their own chearleading squad and (2) it would not take much for this to be a disasterous draft when they started with SIX picks in first 3 rounds. If this draft flops it would have to rank as one of the worst of all time.

BUT... BUT.... if the players drafted pan out it could still be a very solid draft; just not one that addressed pass rush.. Unless we get lucky and pull one or two rabbits in round 4-6 who make impacts in pass rush.

I am NOT BB. I do not pretend to know the talent. But it sure seems to me that taking Cameron Jordan at 17, Ingram at 28 and Reed at 33, (or sticking with Solder but takig Ingram and Reed) would have delivered a more sure upgrade of this team.

I am not BB.... It just feels like we are building the perfect team that has zero pass rush... If given our hindsight or BB's real time choices I have to defer to BB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

future hall of fame tackle? you're being funny, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Mystified as usual. 2 RB's one after the other? BB is the zen master of the NFL. What is the sound of 1 hand clapping? Why not a punter with no legs or a wide reciever with no arms?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

"Got a future hall of fame tackle in solder"...

this is the highlight of this thread

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I must admit, this draft puzzles me to no end.  The Solder pick was fine and I was expection the 28th pick to be traded and the Pats to hold on to the 33rd pick.  But after that....wow.   I didn't get it.  Lots of surprises.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i would trade every pick other than solder right now for robert quinn. and you know what? the pats would be a much better team next year. and you know what again? st louis would never do it for this group. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: is anybody happy with this draft?:
    [QUOTE]Mystified as usual. 2 RB's one after the other? BB is the zen master of the NFL. What is the sound of 1 hand clapping? Why not a punter with no legs or a wide reciever with no arms?
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Vareen could very well be a solid feature back. The other guy is built to be a good complement giving strong inside running and some blocking and an attitude. I am not saying I am thrilled because like everyone else we are concerned about pass rush. But, as with last years rebuilding the TEs into not just a solid group but an exceptional group, we should give some leeway on the back-to-back RB issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

[QUOTE]future hall of fame tackle? you're being funny, right?

no the guy is jonothan ogden.  watch.  Who cares what mel kiper or todd mcshay thinks.  if they were so good they would be running a team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

gotta be  dillusional to like this draft

Pats have had the most dissapointing draft of ANY TEAM.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

I'm happy given that this draft is not exactly loaded with talent as last year's draft.  And the Pats acquired some early round picks for next year.  The Pats will be using these early picks on a draft loaded with talent. Til then they'd stick with their MO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Pass rusher for krissakes!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

kind of like everybody didn't know who seabass was last draft.  same deal, just casue mel kiper doesn't think he belongs doesn;t make it so.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]i would trade every pick other than solder right now for robert quinn. and you know what? the pats would be a much better team next year. and you know what again? st louis would never do it for this group. 

They should have moved up for Quinn. It was amazing he dropped as low as he did. Massive fail on the genius' part. They could have grabbed  Carimi at 28 for the line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

The running backs will add solid production to a commitee so that's not so bad. I just wish BB could find impact defensive players to fit his system. There are talented guys out there, why can't he teach them?

After he passed up Clay Matthews, because he didn't fit our system, I heard he emailed this note:

"I'm sorry.

If you've never played in "My System" I could NEVER teach the intricacies involved. I'm sure you can be a Pro Bowler on any other team, but not here.

People who learned this system as college freshman are infinitely more teachable than your supremely talented butt.

You are too old, too old to complete the training."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Future hall of famer???

Woa, easy there cow boy! He hasn't even worn Pats jersey yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Q.  Is anybody happy with this draft?

A.  Yes, Rex Ryan.