Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?

Still have a great D. Is this the first real test for Pats?

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?

i follow and trust mike reiss, he´s going with the Steelers in this one. The guy is close to the team and most of the time is right with his predictions.

I think, as The King said, if we have a CLEAN game (TO, Penalties, drops) we have a good chance.

I like the fact that Vollmer might be able to play RT, so you can play Solder as a TE to help with the protection.

Ward might be out, that is huge for us, that guy is good.

Their OL can be owned. And Wallace can be contained.

i say PATS 24 PITT 21

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I always worry about the Steelers.  Then after every game I ask myself why was I so worried about them.  Must be rooted from childhood when I was a Oilers fan and the Steelers usually always beat them.

For some reason though I'm not AS worried about them this Sunday as I remember being previous years.  Maybe because I really like how the D looked going into the bye week.  Maybe I feel better about so many offensive weapons the Pats have this season.  One thing is for sure, I am very excited for this game on Sunday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I pretty much worry about every game.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I worry about every team they play.  Anyone who thinks any game is a gimme is either joking, or suffering from amnesia.  That's the way I like it.  I'm not sure the NFL would be fun to watch otherwise.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

In addition to the below, if they score less points.

If Brady starts firing INTs, they fumble, give up field position, get behind by a lot, don't contain or stop their run, give up the big play, then their chances disappear in terms of a match up advantage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The better question is 'Who would be stupid enough NOT to worry about the Steelers?'.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers? : haha But, you know what I mean. NE has a distinct match up advantage on offense and they know how to defend Roethlisturd, because they've done it repeatedly. The only two times they've failed defending him was in 2004 when Brady threw 3 picks, Dillon was out, Branch was out and Pitt came out taking pride in stopping NE's 22 win streak. Ok, good job. That's it. So, it really comes down to not turning it over and staying patient doing the fundamental things right.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You could say that about anyone we play this season. If we don't screw ourselves and stay healthy there's no team we can't go into a game with and not have at least a 50-50 chance of winning. And that includes the Packers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Dont let Wallace burn you deep. Steelers have no quality wins. Brady 6-1 against Steelers...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

steelers always scare me but i like this from John Parolin on ESPNBoston.

"The combined record of the five teams Pittsburgh has beaten -- Seattle, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Jacksonville and Arizona -- is 8-24, and three of Pittsburgh’s wins have come against the three worst yards-per-game offenses in the league (Colts, Seahawks, and Jaguars)."

dont get me wrong, steelers are always a championship caliber team but they haven't seen an offense like this one yet.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not worried about Pitt but at the same time I never feel totally comfortable having to beat the same team twice in a year so if we lose to them now we'll certainly get them back in the playoffs. They're a worthy foe but I like our chances Sunday.

"Everyone says "can they win when Brady isn't perfect" and it's always two things:

1. Run the ball more.
    2. Don't turn it over."

Umm, no. If Brady isn't perfect that means he's turning the ball over a couple of times. 

The recipe when Brady isn't perfect is: 

1. Run the ball more
    2. Step up on D by 
    a. forcing turnovers of our own
    b. not allowing points (bend but don't break, goal line stands)
    c. getting the other offense off the field (which includes sacks and pressures and 3rd down holds)

In recent years our team has been good at 2a and 2b but not as good at 2c. 

Fortunately for us the QB who has taken greatest advantage of that, Manning, is nowhere to be found (sorry UD6. And no Jints fan I don't mean Eli). 

An fortunately for us Brady rarely has bad games, especially against Pitt. 

Pats by 9.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]Still have a great D. Is this the first real test for Pats? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

"Is this the first real test for Pats"? Absolutely not. Every week this season, the Patriots have faced a tough test...including week one in Miami, before the 'Fins lost their flippers.

Is this the stiffest test for the Pats yet? I would say yes. Playing the Steelers at Hines Field is never a day at the beach.

Am I worried about the Steelers? No. I'm worried about the Patriots. If they bring their "A" game, they'll win, no matter what the Steelers do. But, if they turn the ball over the way they have against the Jets, Cowboys, and Bills...they'll go home with a loss.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Big Ben has been dismissing Brady as a QB who "justs stands there flat-footed" and insinuated he cannot scramble for jack!

Big Ben better watch his mouth, or Big Tom is going to stuff it with a pigskin!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

It would be absolutely foolish not to be worried about the Steelers. The fact that Brady is 6-1 against the Steelers and he blew their defense out of the water just a year ago are IRRELEVANT!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Well, we're what....Brady and the Patriots is 5-1 vs. steelers? But, it's in Pittsburgh.  I would like to see a good balanced offense - using lots of two power TE formations for passing and running - and bring it to their D. If we score early and offense...it'll be fun to watch.

Defensively, would love to see us build from last game...

and fewer turnovers by us of course.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh yes, let's sit around imagining there are horrible flaws in our team and worrying about every Pittsburgh Steeler or Washington Redskin that comes along.  WE'VE GOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL PEOPLE, RELAX AND ENJOY IT!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]Oh yes, let's sit around imagining there are horrible flaws in our team and worrying about every Pittsburgh Steeler or Washington Redskin that comes along.  WE'VE GOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL PEOPLE, RELAX AND ENJOY IT!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    Worry doesn't necessarily mean we aren't enjoying it. I haven't missed a Patriots game in 12 years, and I love watching them play. But I always worry about them. Like an overprotective parent. Worrying isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes it shows how much you care.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

To be honest, I do not worry about the other team.  If the Pats play to their potential, no turnovers and the D plays solid, they will beat anyone.  The other team is always a challenge on any given Sunday, aren't they?  Besides, in the years I have been on this site, when the Pats have a big game coming up against a quality opponent, there appears a lot of "worry" discussions.  Seems these fans aren't too confident in the Pats and they need to vent their worry.  More often than not, the Pats have prevailed and I go with those odds.  It is not like we have a game like what JAX did to the Ravens Monday night and everyone and their uncle were picking the Ravens to win.  So, I'll worry about how the Pats do and not the other team so much. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We should be worried about a team this good. But we do match up well with this bunch. They are home. I wouldn't want to take a chance with them playing our B gamse despite the success of the past.