Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?

If the Pats don't bring their A game this week... Yes, I'm worried

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]Any time it's a road game, absolutely.  Pitt is clearly a very good team, but I'll say what I said last year: 1. Don't turn it over. 2. Play clean STs. 3. Mix in zone and man, defend the run and bottle up Roethlisturd. If they do all of these 3 things relativeluy well, I think NE wins because they match up so well against Pitt. If Brady starts firing INTs, they fumble, give up field position, get behind by a lot, don't contain or stop their run, give up the big play, then their chances disappear in terms of a match up advantage.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

win the turnover battle and play with the lead

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

I'm surprised about how few of you are feeling totally confident.  Kudos.

I'm a Steelers fan, and I hate the matchup.  The way their defense is designed, they can be beat fairly 'easily' by spreading them out.  Any precision ofense that is built on timing and can go five-wide murders them.  I was at the game last year, and knew it would happen.  The SB played out as I feared it would.

Maybe Ben puts a lot of points up, too, and they do have a knack of  hanging around.  I just don't see how NE gets less than 30+ points, and will score on any drive they REALLY need to.  The Pats win, and cover.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

It's tough to worry about a team that we never lose to. Their offense isn't intimidating and they have shown no ability to stop us. I don't see anything new this year and I'll actually be shocked if we lose coming off a bye week. I still see a couple of bookmakers that have the line at 2 1/2. I'll be taking it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Big Ben has been dismissing Brady as a QB who "justs stands there flat-footed" and insinuated he cannot scramble for jack! Big Ben better watch his mouth, or Big Tom is going to stuff it with a pigskin!
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Well, for the most part that statement is true. Brady is not nearly as nimble as, let's say Vick, for scrambling. Nor does he have the upper body strength to muscle out of some tackles - like Roethlisberger. However, Brady does know how to get an extra second or so with his awareness of where pressure is coming from - and moving just enough to duck a tackle or make opponents miss. Brady is one of the best pocket QBs. If Brady could roll out and pass on the run; like Brees and break tackles like Roethlisberger.....it would be crazy good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

NO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm surprised about how few of you are feeling totally confident.  Kudos.

I'm a Steelers fan, and I hate the matchup.  The way their defense is designed, they can be beat fairly 'easily' by spreading them out.  Any precision ofense that is built on timing and can go five-wide murders them.  I was at the game last year, and knew it would happen.  The SB played out as I feared it would.

Maybe Ben puts a lot of points up, too, and they do have a knack of  hanging around.  I just don't see how NE gets less than 30+ points, and will score on any drive they REALLY need to.  The Pats win, and cover.

Welcome Steeler guy. I think that your expecting us to go in the spread. I think that we need to start establishing the run. Keep Big Ben on the sidelines and keep him out of any rythm. We have some pretty good backs and its going to start getting cold. whats the weather? Rain? I wish you an injury free loss. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

They shouldn't be, they have years of video tape on Steelers play calls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm not worried about the Steelers. 

2 of the Patriots 3 SBs went through Pittsburgh, 0 of the Steelers 3 SB appearances went through the Pats. 

Translation? The Pats drink their milkshakes. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE] Steelers have no quality wins. Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

The truth. They haven't beaten won team over .500 this season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Beating buffalo for 8 straight years didn't matter much. Still, I like the Pats chances here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yes, I'm afraid they're due, but still think the Pats can take 'em. But this "the Pats own them" crap needs to stop. Pitt not a team to be toyed with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I AM getting sick of everybody talking about MIKE WALLACE as Jerry Rice JR or something... he is a 1 trick pony.. thats all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

The only person that scares me is Mike Wallace and the same play action pass play that almost works every game. Other than that I'm good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. Containing Wallace is one key. Pitt relies on that 'big play' to feed the scoreboard. But you can't let him open OTHER routes underneath, either. 

The guy is electric. How many 1200+ yard WRs have 20 yard per catch averages ... that's an average. 5 catches a TD and 100 yards a game. 

It's only one player though. If he has those numbers, and you limit the rest of the offense to peanuts, you win the game running away. 

What you certainly don't want is him 'taking over.' That is understood. But you can withstand a good game from a WR and still win. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Beating buffalo for 8 straight years didn't matter much. Still, I like the Pats chances here.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

LOL, this is true.  Streaks and trends tend to have their hiccups - and noone knows when they will occur. The pats have to forget the past and focus on winning this game; like every week Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

2 of the Patriots 3 SBs went through Pittsburgh, 0 of the Steelers 3 SB appearances went through the Pats

Circle gets the square!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yes, let's sit around imagining there are horrible flaws in our team and worrying about every Pittsburgh Steeler or Washington Redskin that comes along.  WE'VE GOT THE BEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL PEOPLE, RELAX AND ENJOY IT!
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Motivate em. Mighty.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes. I'm worried about the PATS D in this game. I think the scoring will be close.  I really fdon't want to hear the announcers go on about how the Pats have had the Steelers number in previos match ups. Hate that- and call me superstitious, but I think that kind of talk can be a jinx.
    One game at a time. Steelers are strong in all phases of game.
    Hate Ben. Yes hate. Would like to see him go down.

In Response to Is Anyone worried about the Steelers?:
    [QUOTE]Still have a great D. Is this the first real test for Pats? Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE] The better question is 'Who would be stupid enough NOT to worry about the Steelers?'.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

i guess that would be me.... the pats have the steelers number and give them problems... just like the jests give us problems now though we are clearly the better team...

so i dont worry about them... i think we will win going away and will run all over them...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think you have to worry about any team in this league. Even the crappy ones, because they can pull out a good game once and a while, and the Pats can have a bad game.

That said, matchups are the key, and I like the way the Pats D match up on the Steelers O, and don't think the Steelers D matches up on the Pats O very well. If the Pats execute their offensive gameplan well, I don't think the Steelers are built to stop them. Our D is on the upswing, and I think they have just enough to limit the Steelers in points, which in the end, the Pats should win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamchampy. Show iamchampy's posts

I think they have a good chance as long as they score more points than the Steelers by the end of regulation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Steelers' WR Mike Wallace is a problem. But hey...we took Brandon Tate!! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/28/bill-belichick-nobody-is-going-to-catch-mike-wallace/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The Steelers are always someone to worry about.