IS BB A CLOWN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: IS BB A CLOWN?

In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : He really hasn't missed more than the league average. He's nearly 100% in the first round; league average is 75% He's at about 50% in the second round; league average is 50%.  Since he accumulates so many picks, yeah he gets more misses.  But he also gets more hits.
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]

agree with this evaluation

add some optimism or down-to-earth humility

(sorry bred ;), thanks Matt)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : agree with this evaluation (sorry bred ;) )
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]
    No added optimism or down-to-earth humility?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

The fing clown is the guy who started this post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : No added optimism or down-to-earth humility?

hahahaha. I couldn't remember the words used, and when you 'reply' you can't see anything else.

I will shamelessly update it with your words.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : He really hasn't missed more than the league average. He's nearly 100% in the first round; league average is 75% He's at about 50% in the second round; league average is 50%.  Since he accumulates so many picks, yeah he gets more misses.  But he also gets more hits.

Nobody has a higher opinion of BB than I...or is a more staunch supporter of him. But...sorry...but this Wilson pick is inexcusable, from a value standpoint. If he doesn't become a solid starter, this pick is another horrible waste. Using a mid-2nd rounder on a guy who ends up making the team and contributing for a couple of years as a special teamer would relegate this pick to the scrap heap...and be yet another wasted opportunity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? :      Nobody has a higher opinion of BB than I...or is a more staunch supporter of him. But...sorry...but this Wilson pick is inexcusable, from a value standpoint. If he doesn't become a solid starter, this pick is another horrible waste. Using a mid-2nd rounder on a guy who ends up making the team and contributing for a couple of years as a special teamer would relegate this pick to the scrap heap...and be yet another wasted opportunity.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But what would you call it if he DOES become a solid starter or more?

Most people are only looking at one side of the coin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? :      Nobody has a higher opinion of BB than I...or is a more staunch supporter of him. But...sorry...but this Wilson pick is inexcusable, from a value standpoint. If he doesn't become a solid starter, this pick is another horrible waste. Using a mid-2nd rounder on a guy who ends up making the team and contributing for a couple of years as a special teamer would relegate this pick to the scrap heap...and be yet another wasted opportunity.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]
    I don't think BB shares your low opinion of special teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

so by all means please share with me his 50% success rate in the second round, third round...i'll spot you gronkowski, if you like i can spit back 15/20 borderline useless players....with all this early/mid round success why were they pulling defensive backs off the street last season with all the DB's they have drafted in that range over the years? not saying every guy is gonna be an all pro, and yes his first round record is pretty damn good, but show me the depth and core all these other picks have created? and lets leave out the practice squad projects he turned into serviceable players...and please factor in what more talented players may very well have accomplished in the same system...thanks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : so by all means please share with me his 50% success rate in the second round, third round...
    Posted by HOFFBURGER[/QUOTE]
    I said second round.

Hits: Light, Branch, E. Wilson, Chung, Vollmer, Gronk, Spikes
    Misses: Klemm, B. Johnson, C. Jackson, Wheatley, Brace, Butler, Cunninghame
    Incomplete: M. Hill, Dowling, Vereen

7 hits, 7 misses.  Let me break out the calculator....

Wow, that's a 50% hit rate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I 100% agree with TexasPat, and not just because I too am a Texas based Patriot fan.
    It's like BB reached into a fishbowl and just picked out a name. NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY had this kid going anywhere near this high. I swear he pulls this nonsense just to prove what a genius he is and what morons we all are.
    This kid may in fact be a player but he already has a BUCKNER weight on his shoulders.
    Just nonsense. Well, arrogance and nonsense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This
    agree

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

while spikes has shown some flashes of at least being able to help, kinda hard to qualify him as a hit yet, he can barely stay on the field...but thats semantics...ok bravo, you were close in going back almost a decade for half of them. doesnt change he seemingly squandered this second round after a strong first day..time will tell

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

relax...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to IS BB A CLOWN? : is bb a clown? is he here to amuse you?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

It only took a few dozen posts but ladies and gentlemen ...

We have a winner .

Good Fellah that Jintsfan.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I know what I'm about to type out is going to seem like further BB bashing -

But it needs to said :

This is not about whether or not the Pats picked good players tonight .

This is about getting GOOD VALUE
    ( BB's newest favorite mantra )

The Patriots got FLEECED with that 2nd round trade down with GB

Even if you discount the fact that the Draft Value Chart disparity was insane

Pats  2nd ( #63 ) = 276  points
    GB's  3rd ( #89 ) and 5th ( #163 ) = 171 points

There's no overlooking the fact that a few picks after the trade , the Browns traded their 3rd rounder to the Broncos for MUCH MUCH MORE than the Pats got.

Heres the comparison :

Patriots trade #63  -  Get  3rd (#89 )  & 5th ( # 163 )
    Browns trade  #67  -  Get  3rd (#87)  &  4th  ( #120
    )

W ... T ... F  ?

Coming on the heels of the Al Davis-like Tyron Wilson pick ...

You have to ask yourself if this 2nd round was one of the worst managed rounds in Patriots history ?

Mike Reiss to his credit brought it up at the post draft presser - and BB replied by not directly answering ( can't really blame him ) and then Mike tried to pry something more out of BB with a follow-up ...again to no real avail.

There's no Coach  / Gm  better than BB -

But tonight was not his finest hour .

PS
     At yesterdays presser BB gave Caserio credit for getting the trade-ups done in round 1 - If thats true then I believe Nick needs to answer for Round 2's debacle .

Question :
    Is BB surrounded by YES men that dont know when to tell him it might be time to tap the breaks ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

d is improved... period

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I know what I'm about to type out is going to seem like further BB bashing -  But it needs to said : This is not about whether or not the Pats picked good players tonight . This is about getting GOOD VALUE ( BB's newest favorite mantra )   The Patriots got FLEECED with that 2nd round trade down with GB  Even if you discount the fact that the Draft Value Chart disparity was insane Pats  2nd ( #63 ) = 276  points GB's  3rd ( #89 ) and 5th ( #163 ) = 171 points There's no overlooking the fact that a few picks after the trade , the Browns traded their 3rd rounder to the Broncos for MUCH MUCH MORE than the Pats got.   Heres the comparison : Patriots trade #63  -  Get  3rd (#89 )  & 5th ( # 163 ) Browns trade  #67  -  Get  3rd (#87)  &  4th  ( #120 ) W ... T ... F  ? Coming on the heels of the Al Davis-like Tyron Wilson pick ... You have to ask yourself if this 2nd round was one of the worst managed rounds in Patriots history ? Mike Reiss to his credit brought it up at the post draft presser - and BB replied by not directly answering ( can't really blame him ) and then Mike tried to pry something more out of BB with a follow-up ...again to no real avail. There's no Coach  / Gm  better than BB -  But tonight was not his finest hour . PS  At yesterdays presser BB gave Caserio credit for getting the trade-ups done in round 1 - If thats true then I believe Nick needs to answer for Round 2's debacle . Question : Is BB surrounded by YES men that dont know when to tell him it might be time to tap the breaks ?
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Great post Captain. You've nailed it. Sorry...but when BB makes decisions like he did tonight, he deserves to be bashed. Unlike Thursday, the Pats seemed to lack direction, and appeared to be completely unprepared.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : agree with this evaluation add some optimism or down-to-earth humility (sorry bred ;), thanks Matt)
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

no worries man.
    i love different opinions.
    (dont respect people treating others poorly-as sometime happens here)

:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I know what I'm about to type out is going to seem like further BB bashing -  But it needs to said : This is not about whether or not the Pats picked good players tonight . This is about getting GOOD VALUE ( BB's newest favorite mantra )   The Patriots got FLEECED with that 2nd round trade down with GB  Even if you discount the fact that the Draft Value Chart disparity was insane Pats  2nd ( #63 ) = 276  points GB's  3rd ( #89 ) and 5th ( #163 ) = 171 points There's no overlooking the fact that a few picks after the trade , the Browns traded their 3rd rounder to the Broncos for MUCH MUCH MORE than the Pats got.   Heres the comparison : Patriots trade #63  -  Get  3rd (#89 )  & 5th ( # 163 ) Browns trade  #67  -  Get  3rd (#87)  &  4th  ( #120 ) W ... T ... F  ? Coming on the heels of the Al Davis-like Tyron Wilson pick ... You have to ask yourself if this 2nd round was one of the worst managed rounds in Patriots history ? Mike Reiss to his credit brought it up at the post draft presser - and BB replied by not directly answering ( can't really blame him ) and then Mike tried to pry something more out of BB with a follow-up ...again to no real avail. There's no Coach  / Gm  better than BB -  But tonight was not his finest hour . PS  At yesterdays presser BB gave Caserio credit for getting the trade-ups done in round 1 - If thats true then I believe Nick needs to answer for Round 2's debacle . Question : Is BB surrounded by YES men that dont know when to tell him it might be time to tap the breaks ?

"Is BB surrounded by YES men that dont know when to tell him it might be time to tap the breaks ?"

enough years of evidence are in

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

[QUOTE] PS  At yesterdays presser BB gave Caserio credit for getting the trade-ups done in round 1 - If thats true then I believe Nick needs to answer for Round 2's debacle . Question : Is BB surrounded by YES men that dont know when to tell him it might be time to tap the breaks ?
    AND here's a thought ... If NC had offered Denver the #62 pick and the #31 pick instead of the #126 he probably could have gotten that #87 and a fourth or fifth rounder thrown in and we would have been in a better position for day 3 than we are. Even if they didn't kick in the extra pick we would still have the #126 instead of the fifth rounder.
    I almost wrote this yesterday after the first round - did we actually need to make both trades to get the two players we got. I think Jones would have been there at 25 given the folks picking in front, and I think Hightower would have been there at 27. Hightower had to get past Pitt. Jones had to be taken before Houston.
    Anyway - Day one was good, day two was ugly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He's a total clown. Really, what has he done in the NFL? Not much, won a few games I guess but if he were really that smart ESPN or NFL network would hire him to talk about football. Some people think that just because he has drafted more All- Pros than anyone else the last ten years he's a good talent evaluator. Not buying it. All the really good draft guys have their own blogs, everybody knows that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IS BB A CLOWN? : I said second round. Hits: Light, Branch, E. Wilson, Chung, Vollmer, Gronk, Spikes Misses: Klemm, B. Johnson, C. Jackson, Wheatley, Brace, Butler, Cunninghame Incomplete: M. Hill, Dowling, Vereen 7 hits, 7 misses.  Let me break out the calculator.... Wow, that's a 50% hit rate.

And what's BB 2nd rnd rate for players in the secondary?

Pro-Bowler: ?
    Starter: Chung, Wilson
    Busts: Wheatley, Butler
    Incomplete: Dowling

That's not looking good...

Selecting that new Wilson guy was a major reach.
    If BB was so badly needing a safety why not drafting Smith instead of Hightower at the end of the first rnd?