Is BB a defensive genius?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Is BB a defensive genius?

Any thoughts on whether he is or not a defensive mastermind?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: Is BB a defensive genius?

He still gets alot out of his players but I think a high profile D-coordinator would take some pressure off. Also, what is Bill supposed to do when all he has at his disposal are Arrington and Cole. Yes, depth is badly needed! They did play bad but the offense was just awful and more responsible in the end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Not Quite!   He IS pretty good when he is in charge of an inherited Championship caliber defense with future Hall of famers....  When He is in charge of building his own defense from the ground up through free agency and draft ....not so much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Not lately. I think he is getting out coached becasue of hs own genius.

I agree with a poster in another thread. Time to start drafting players, and not system guys who over achieve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jam757's comment:

He still gets alot out of his players but I think a high profile D-coordinator would take some pressure off. Also, what is Bill supposed to do when all he has at his disposal are Arrington and Cole. Yes, depth is badly needed! They did play bad but the offense was just awful and more responsible in the end.

to be fair, he is the one who bring these re treads/special teamers and asks them to start.  Arrington was penciled in as a starter 2 years ago and that never should have happened! Its BBs fault for putting that trash out there and expecting good results knowing this is a "passing league"

I wonder if we have yet wasted that Asante $$ we never gave in to but have spent numerous rescources thru draft and f/a getting us NOTHING! in 8 years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought last year was the best coaching job BB has done in all of his time with the Pats. To get to the SB with last years defense is 100% on BB coaching genius.

That being said, the fact that the defense was in that condition, is on BB the GM.

This years defense imo was not that much better than last years. The back 4 played poorly. The LB's cannot cover (they should have kept Carpenter). Vince needs a breather and there is no depth with any size (Cunningham and Francis are not inside DLmen)....

Credit where credit is due, BB the GM went out and obtained Talib...but BB the coach is the reason this team went to the AFC championship game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Not at all - Luck was the only rookie QB the Pats team has beaten in 3 seasons!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No. Terrific coach in general but no genius. If his GM gave him more to work with he would get better results.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Was...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

If he's a defensive genius, it's not showing up on the field with enough consistency to win another SB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Not at all - Luck was the only rookie QB the Pats team has beaten in 3 seasons!!!

what? they beat tannehill twice this year/

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

He does a good job when given the talent. I think as a GM he's done sub par job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

He does a good job when given the talent. I think as a GM he's done sub par job.

yea he hasnt been buying the best groceries per say, but what he has done with them has been impressive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

Any thoughts on whether he is or not a defensive mastermind?

Was

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

The people who once said Parcells never won anything without BB might morph the saying into BB has never won anything without Crennel....

Don't forget Weis calling the offense.

Also, Parcells won a Super Bowl with Jeff Hostetler at QB. Oh yeah, almost forgot, Crennel was in New York for both of the Parcells Giants Super Bowls as well (Special Teams in 1986 and Defensive Line in 1990).

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

The people who once said Parcells never won anything without BB might morph the saying into BB has never won anything without Crennel....

Also, Parcells won a Super Bowl with Jeff Hostetler at QB. Oh yeah, almost forgot, Crennel was in New York for both of the Parcells Giants Super Bowls as well (Special Teams in 1986 and Defensive Line in 1990).

parcells had an awesome staff many of who found success elsewhere: bellichick, coughlin, fox, crennel....i know i'm missing a couple too

btw doesn't pepper johnson work for the pats?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

parcells had an awesome staff many of who found success elsewhere: bellichick, coughlin, fox, crennel....i know i'm missing a couple too

Pepper Johnson is the linebackers coach. Too bad his two Super Bowl rings (as a player) and two pro bowl appearances do not compare to whatever it is Matt Patricia did as a Grad Assistant at RPI, or else, he could be the Patriots defensive coordinator.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Pepper Johnson is the linebackers coach. Too bad his two Super Bowl rings (as a player) and two pro bowl appearances do not compare to whatever it is Matt Patricia did as a Grad Assistant at RPI, or else, he could be the Patriots defensive coordinator.

yeah u would think he'd maybe get a shot

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I have heard that he would like the job. Not sure why Bill thinks his is unqualified for it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I have heard that he would like the job. Not sure why Bill thinks his is unqualified for it...

btw knew i missed another parcells guy: sean payton