Is BB making a move on Andre Smith?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Is BB making a move on Andre Smith?

Alabama's Andre Smith was in Town Monday for a Pre-Draft visit. If he slides Out of the top ten, does BB take a Chance and Make a Move on this kid. At one time he was by far, the Most Dominating Tackle in the Draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Is BB making a move on Andre Smith?

if he's at 23 ... great. if he's at 12 or 15 or 18, no thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If he slips all the way to 23 I say we take him, i have said all along that i want a tackle in round one and he was a top 5 pick before he blew it. But we shouldnt trade up for anyone ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]if he's at 23 ... great. if he's at 12 or 15 or 18, no thanks.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE] You would not take him at Eighteen, and throw in a Third round pick. This guy is Top 5 Talent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I wouldnt trade up for anyone ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt trade up for anyone ever.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]
    You sound like a broken record.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Oh im sorry am I sopossed to change what I think because you say so? I didnt think so. I do not think it is ever worth it to trade up, thats just what i think so as long as we are having a conversation about trading up I guess I will just have to sound like a broken record because thats what i think. or am I not allowed to be a part of this thread? was there a "no boys allowed" sign on this thread or something? If he falls to us we should grab him and if not then see you later and move on to teh next guy on our draft board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

[QUOTE]Oh im sorry am I sopossed to change what I think because you say so? I didnt think so. I do not think it is ever worth it to trade up, thats just what i think so as long as we are having a conversation about trading up I guess I will just have to sound like a broken record because thats what i think. or am I not allowed to be a part of this thread? was there a "no boys allowed" sign on this thread or something? If he falls to us we should grab him and if not then see you later and move on to teh next guy on our draft board.
    No, just saying you say the same thing over and over.  You have basically the same thing in 3 posts on this thread.  Hence the broken record comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

This thread is not exactly bumping with activity so you are right my three posts stand out but I am just trying to keep the thing going as this was a worth while conmversation but you are right i made my point so forget this thread if other people start posting then maybe i will get back in on this conversation but i dont want to just keep repeating myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is not exactly bumping with activity so you are right my three posts stand out but I am just trying to keep the thing going as this was a worth while conmversation but you are right i made my point so forget this thread if other people start posting then maybe i will get back in on this conversation but i dont want to just keep repeating myself.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]I hope you realize I am not trying to cause any trouble

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I do like the pick at 23.

I would move up to get my guy. Mayo worked out well last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

it is good to see the interest. i've seen this guy going top 2 picks to dropping into the second round b/c he may have to move to guard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]it is good to see the interest. i've seen this guy going top 2 picks to dropping into the second round b/c he may have to move to guard.
    Posted by jiminycricket[/QUOTE]
    He is definitely not a Guard, this guy is probably the most Tackle ready of all the lineman in the Draft. His Attitude is the Problem it's going to cost him Millions.He just fired his Agent, Should of waited until after the Draft. A series of bad moves for this Kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

On a lot of teams Smith is a guard. Tons of power teams would slot him at RG and forget about it. Most teams I think would look at him like a power RT, with LT upside.

Or depending on how you look at it, a LT with power RT/G downside.

But there are questions as to how well he can handle an NFL caliber speed rusher.

I think that is where he would slot in for NE if he were to end up here. At RT replacing Kaczur with someone who is bigger and more athletic. I can't see him being tremendously effective at G in an offense that pulls its guards as often as NE does.

That said, I scratch my head a little, because he would be the largest OL player in Belichik's history here. I think Scnarnechi usually targets smaller players that can move well.

But a recommendation from Saban can help, and for a 330 lb guy he moves extremely well.

If he is there at #23, when we factor in the upcoming F/A issues at G and RT, he would represent *far* too great a value to pass up.

Coming into the draft, before all the garbage, I had him as number one on the board, and the only real super-blue chip prospect.

I didn't knock him down because of the dedication issues, but only because he really didn't work out well, and missed the senior bowl, and his bowl game. Which gives a little question as to how he would have looked against an all-pro level of competition.

But years of dominance in the SEC is enough to still make him a top-ten guy, couple with his size/dexterity in the actual game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

I heard some attitude issues. May be patriots locker room can take care of those issues. As long as his play is good, may we should try him. And if he turns out good, we can move Matt Light to right tackle next year resign him and we should be good for next 4-6 years.

I would move up to 18 or so if he is still available, if BB thinks strong of him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt trade up for anyone ever.

Killa!  C'mon man!  You wouldn't trade up for anyone ever?  If I'm not mistaking we moved up a few spots for guys like Asante Samuel.  Didn't we manuver a spot or two to snag Wilfork?  I wouldn't give away a bunch of picks to move into the top 5 but a late round pick for a potential beast, I would consider it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Got to figure Z is right on this one. The kid's head might be up his @ss in terms of priorities, but the SEC is the best available competition at the college level. Count me among those who think tailored workouts don't tell you anything at all about how a guy may or may not be able to play football.

But draft head cases at your peril.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Alabama's Andre Smith was in Town Monday for a Pre-Draft visit. If he slides Out of the top ten, does BB take a Chance and Make a Move on this kid. At one time he was by far, the Most Dominating Tackle in the Draft.
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

On paper he looks great but he has motivational problems. Reported to the combine out of shape, the walked out without telling anyone. Got himself suspended for the Sugar bowl, letting his team down big-time. Takes plays off often.

I always figure that, if a guy's doing this in college when he' should be trying to make his reputation, what's he going to be like when he gets a 5 year contract?

Doesn't seem like e BB player to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I like the kid but there are guys out there that I like as much as I like him.Both Britton and Beatty would work well in this system.Heck if the patriots could draft just the guys coming out of U-Conn I'd be happy,Donald Brown,Darius Butler,Beatty,Cody Brown,any of these guys are worth a look.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Don't sleep on Darius Butler.

People who claim to know say Belichick loves this kid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I should have made myself more clear, i have no problem moving up in teh later rounds for a guy like Asante Samuel but i wouldnt do it in round 1 for anyone but thats why Bill Belichick is a pro and i am a high school coach lol Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I am a fan of small, tactical moves for a player who you know you want.

The bet the farm, strategic type moves, like I wanna move up into such and such a zone so that I could get this "type" of player, seems ill planned.

I was just reading about how Philly (at least rumors say) are trying to put together some kind of package to get into franchise LT land, up top.

Honestly, it sounds like a disasterous way to go, at least to me.

But I could see scenarios where one player in the draft (maybe a lineman like Tyson Jackson, or an CB/S like Jenkins [hypothetically]) are sliding, and at some point like 18 or something, the Pats decide to stop the slide and shift #23 and 3rd or 4th to just make it happen before someone comes to their sense and just takes him.

That would be an instance of placing a hard value on a player, and not budging under other circumstances.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I don't think that the question of moving up is a black or white deal. I would have moved up for Joe Thomas a couple of years ago, but I don't think there is anyone there this year who would tempt me to go that high. We do, however, have 11 picks---6 in the top three rounds---and I doubt that we are going to drafting that many players. So it's gonna be fun cause the Pats are most likely going to be doing some wheeling and dealing!