Is BB the Greatest Coach in NFL History?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Is BB the Greatest Coach in NFL History?

I'm tired of the both of you arguing with all of the name calling. Why can't you both iron out the details your talking about in an orderly fashion. Seems to me that facts are facts, so get your facts straight and stop acting like children. 

Just my observations, 
    Hetchinspete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Because he tries to challenge me and is wrong. s usual.  He's been bludeoned off the Jets based threads here for over 2 years, is embarrassed, so he follows me around pathetically attempting to somehow challenge me.  His current premise is there is no difference between the Lombardi era and this current cap era.  LMAO

What makes it funny is how no one here agrees with him on these topics and how wrong he is.  So, he tries to deflect and spam the thread, ruining the board.

He is a Jets troll and been doing this for years here.

The better question is, why do we allow trolls like him to ruin Pats fans' threads?  Where are the mods?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Some may question whether BB is the greatest pro football coach of all-time...but he's certainly the best there is, today: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82849b56?module=HP11_cp#photo=1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

NFL.com names BB as the league's top head coach: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82849b56?module=HP11_cp#photo=1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Is BB the Greatest Coach in NFL History?:
    [QUOTE]     Some may question whether BB is the greatest pro football coach of all-time...but he's certainly the best there is, today: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82849b56?module=HP11_cp#photo=1
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Name another coach who has coached a team to 5 SBs in the cap era or even before?

You can't do it.

Even if BB had coached the Pats to 5 SBs in the 1960s, 70s or 1980s, he's only trailing each Noll and Walsh, tied with Lombardi, better than Shula and Landry, and only trailing Paul Brown (pre NFL merger/pre SB era) in terms of total titles.

The mere fact he has coached 5 SB teams in this era is extraordinary.

I guess the only argument is he wasn't a good enough coach inthe last SBs, but that argument loses weight considering how NE lost the last 2 SBs they played in. Had very little to do with BB.

Miracle catches on wounded duck throws or failed execution by Tom Brady or Wes Welker to ice the game aren't on BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Five trips to the SB as a HC should be enough, another trip next year should cement it

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Best coach and GM all time no question!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Five trips to the SB as a HC should be enough, another trip next year should cement it
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Another ring would cement it. Lombardi won 5 championships. BB needs at least 4.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

yes. enjoy. greatness is fleeting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This from SI's Peter King:

Finally, it's fitting that, on Patriots Day in Massachusetts, Bill Belichick celebrates his 60th birthday. Time to wonder how much longer the 17-year head coach has on the sidelines.

Belichick doesn't seem to age in dog years the way some coaches do. He has said he won't be coaching until he's 70, but no one with the Patriots thinks he's in his final year or two either.

He starts 2012 ninth on the all-time win list, with a 192-104 record, including playoffs. Next to pass: Chuck Knox (193), Dan Reeves (201), Marty Schottenheimer (205). All of those men could be passed this season, if the Patriots excel in the regular season again.

Then we get to the top five: Chuck Noll 209, Curly Lambeau 229, Tom Landry 270, George Halas 324 and Don Shula 347. I can see him passing Noll and Lambeau, but the siren song of his life outside football might be too great for him to coach the seven or eight more years he'd need, realistically, to catch Landry, particularly with Tom Brady getting up there in age. But sometime in the next two seasons, we should see Belichick enter the hallowed ground of the five winningest coaches ever.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/16/countdown/index.
    html#ixzz1sDpKIEy4

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB the Greatest Coach in NFL History? : hiya QUEENIE!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

ahh its juliefan the keyboard coward with no friends.  just like the new york fan sites nobody here cares about what you have to say either loser. lol its embarrassing for you that you don't have a single friend! the giants luck will run out and they wont  make the playoffs next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Is BB the Greatest Coach in NFL History?:
    [QUOTE]     Since he has worked his magic throughout the NFL "Era of Parity", and has had his team in SB contention for over a decade, I say he is. But, what's your opinion?  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

if he won the 2 against the giants that would have made the argument.
    i hope we are not trying for the bills sb loss record.
    if we had a real off coord. we wouldnt have lost that game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is BB the Greatest Coach in NFL History? :      No. It would be much easier to win year after year with a set, dominant team. Currently in the NFL, there's a set of good teams consistently squaring off against good teams. In other words...lots of evenly matched teams, each with flaws, going at it.        Let's take the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70s. If there was a salary cap, could they have kept their great team intact over their dynastic run? How much money could a Mel Blount have demanded? Mean Joe Green? Jack Hamm? Jack Lambert? L.C. Greenwood? Dwight White? On offense...Terry Bradshaw? Franco Harris? Lynn Swann? John Stallworth? Mike Webster?           
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

I think you're talking about free agency?  Not just the salary cap.  Even back then players were fighting for more money.  They just had no alternative but to play for the team that drafted them or hold out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is BB the Greatest Coach in NFL History? : if he won the 2 against the giants that would have made the argument. i hope we are not trying for the bills sb loss record. if we had a real off coord. we wouldnt have lost that game.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Oh pleeeaaasssseeee!!! LOL!!! Still trying to blame it all on Bill O'Brien, I see? Yet, the Pats had two great offensive years under O'Brien, in 2010-11. But, of course, O'Brien had nothing to do with that...right??

In 2007, the Pats' smashed every NFL record for offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

What makes these type of questions great is that everyone has their own opinion. I don't think ones greatness is truly measured until he or she has retired and been away from their game. Those under 40 incorrectly believe Jordan was the greatest basketball player ever. Those over 50 know it was Russell. Those who do not know hockey pick Gretzky, those who know the game pick Orr. Williams or DiMaggio? The 90s question of Clemens or Maddox? Pele or anyone else? So when we discuss BB and a career that's far from over, I say wait and see. A couple more titles will solidify a yes. 3 more 14-15 win seasons with no rings a maybe. No more division and conference championships will put it to a future question and discussion. We should wait till he's done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

134-42 in the last 11 regular seasons.  No down years.  Anyone can poach his free agent players, hire away his coaches, adapt his playbook.  Unearthly in an age of NFL "parity".