Is Bill Belichick Doing Too Much?

Should he delegate more?

Thoughts/Concerns?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Re: Is Bill Belichick Doing Too Much?

Don't even go there!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Honestly, I think he's tired of constantly getting his coordinators plucked away by other teams. If he doesn't name coordinators, other teams wont be apt to taking away these "inexperienced" coaches. I ask myself why are we the only to team to suffer from losing coaches every few years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaws213. Show jaws213's posts

This can't be good. The Coach/GM model has never been successful. Holmgren, Parcells and all never won the superbowl with multiple titles. They made it when they were just coaches. He needs to name coordinators. I don't think other teams will be as hot after their coordinators after the track records of Crennel, Weis and Mangini.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't think the application of titles has anything to do with how responsibilities are delegated. That the Pats don't have specifically designated coordinators does not mean those duties are not being filled in some capacity, or that Belichick is taking too much upon himself. It might mean that Belichick runs his staff a little differently than other teams might recognize; or it might mean that the way responsibilities are delegated does not fit what many people would recognize as traditional coordinator roles. If Belichick is an effective manager -- and I have every reason to suspect that he is -- he delegates responsibility according to his perception of what his assistants do best, not according to some preconceived hierarchy with little name tags above all the pigeon holes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

It would be interesting to see how many key coordinators have gone to other teams in the last 5 years for every team in the league...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

In Response to Re: Is Bill Belichick Doing Too Much?:
    It would be interesting to see how many key coordinators have gone to other teams in the last 5 years for every team in the league...
    Posted by beavis

By far, Patriots have lost the most. I never see the Colts or Steelers losing anyone. what the hell dude.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Don't even go there!
    Posted by BBRULES23

I guess Kraft should be paying you instead of the guy who won us three Super Bowls.  Don't question Belichick!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I think he will be ok........he made the right move. Its a team effort across the board. No one is in the cross hairs of questioning except him.....and no one handles the media better then him........Everyone wishes they had a " down year " at 10-6 and a divison championship........we are going to be tough next year......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

No.  This will wind up being closer to what the rest of the league does; it just won't have all the official titles. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think BB needs to take over the food concession at Gillette. The menu has become predictable, Kraft has lost key personnel and we need BB's prowess to guide us back to culinary heaven.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Is Bill Belichick Doing Too Much? : I guess Kraft should be paying you instead of the guy who won us three Super Bowls.  Don't question Belichick!
    Posted by themightypatriotz

You took the word right out of my mouth!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'll let you know next February.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SidewayZ29. Show SidewayZ29's posts

BB has it under control do not panic Patroit Nation. The Patriot machine will find the high gear again....sooner than later!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Bill Belichick Doing Too Much? : You took the word right out of my mouth!
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

Give this man a medal.  Funniest semi-troll of the year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Is Belichick doing too much?

The only way for anyone on this board to answer this question is to get a job with the Patriots so your in the organization and see what he does and what he delegates. No one on this board, unless you're a coach or a player, knows how he delegates responsibility behind closed doors.

He has 12 assistant coaches (I believe). Just because no one has the coordinator title doesn't mean that no one is doing those roles. There have been plenty of head coaches who have been their own coordinators on one side of the ball or the other (often offense), so it's not big deal if Belichick is his own DC. Scarnacchia (sp) is the assistant head coach, and as long as he's been around, I'm sure (just a guess of course) that he helps take some of the load off Belichick's shoulders.

Belichick has been his own GM this entire decade. Yes Pioli was there but Bill had the final say, so this is no different than it's ever been. The reality just might that he has no more on his plate than he's had in the past. Yes there have been defensive coordinators, but you don't think his hand wasn't heavily involved in that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

NYC: That is funny! Man vs Food or Bill vs Food...LOL...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In realality, Brady is a psueo-offensive coordinator in the making...

Tom needs to call more audibles, but having lost key players over the years he has less to work with...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Nothing or nobody lasts forever. Negative signs for BB are accumulating. Pees let go?( as I "suspect", perhaps, he relieved ) Now BB decides to assume the DC role himself. Suspect again, it has been offered, and no accepts. His last 2-3 drafts, my opinion, poor. And similar to draft results, it takes at least a year to evaluate, so to further evaluate BB, the teams W-L this year should be a good indicator. As far as the draft, he has not drafted according to need, from #1 choice, and so on. But rather, best player available at time of selection. Which means, not an OLB, at#1. And from the past, BB avoids high publicized players ( as last year,  in the 2nd round , with all those OLBs and DEs, he passed on- and a shame). Then takes Mckenzie in round 3, then see him go right on IR, in the spring. So if he were to draft from need, Patriots very badly need an higly intelligent player like Myron Rolle, a leader, a strong safety (Chang, a safety, with all his tatoos, (not what they expected) at #1, then DE Odrick, Hughes OLB, Wilson CB and Callaway OG, or Lupati OT, in round 2.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

BB needs a strong draft and then sign a pass rusher...