Is Bill targeting Mark Ingram in 2011?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Is Bill targeting Mark Ingram in 2011?

Not one RB was taken by the Pats in this year's draft. My guess is Bill believes in sticking to what he's got in Maroney, Taylor, and Morris and targeting a new running back in 2011. with the raiders pick, the pats could have a shot at selecting Heisman RB Mark Ingram of Alabama to be the new franchise's running back.

What do you guys think? Would Ingram fit this offense if Bill took him? Who do you believe should be the pats new running back of the future?

Please comment!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Is Bill targeting Mark Ingram in 2011?

A lot of holes got answered in this draft but a couple were left open.  The Pats had so many holes that the draft was not going to be able to answer them all.  My guess is that Ingram is in the cross hairs for now but a lot can happen between now and the next draft.  As it stands now it makes perfect sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I think they'll go O-line with at least one of their #1's. Remember, running backs are a dime a dozen these days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

RB is a weird spot to draft you can go for the HR in round one or draft one in the later rounds that will likely be serviceable or better. RB's have such a short career span if they turn out to be starter material (generally speaking) that the only way you waste a high pickis if you know for certain he will be a superstar.

I would take Ingram with Oaklands pick if he was there and I would even use a second round to move up a little if needed to secure him. But I am not sure BB would ever do that for many reasons. But he is an Alabama player.

I also happen to think he will use both first round picks in round one with the new salary cap that will likely be in place for rookies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I sure hope so. Ingram went to my high school for his first three years, and then he went to a different school that actually ran the ball. I was a freshman when he was a junior, so I never got to meet him. My teachers say he was a great kid who was hardworking. I would love to see him line up behind Brady. He would have to come out a year early, but he is on pace to graduate in three years so he could declare. He does not dance like Maroney, and has amazing balance. His speed is nothing special, but neither was Emmitt Smith's.