is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?

I saw that hit that brady took by geathers,and his first reation was grabbing his knee.he got up fine,and walked with no apparent pain,but many balls he threw over shot many receivers.is the mental aspect of the knee effecting him?

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1192840&srvc=rss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adonadio. Show adonadio's posts

Re: is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?

No, I think it is just rust and getting used to his new players on offense. Remember the guy has not played football in 18 months so it is going to take some time. THe next preseason game will tell us a lot as Brady should play at least two quarters and have time to develop a rhythm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Reading WAY TOO much into what you saw.  This is the pre-season, Brady's first couple games of action in 18 months.  Did you really expect him to be razor sharp, like in mid-season form, now?  Get real and give him some breathing room!  How many of you here even thought he may look this good, this soon?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

TB wanted to be "blasted" well he got his wish. It was a test for him, he wanted to see if he could still take a hit. He can, now he has to fight his mind. TBs' body is sound but his mind now needs play without fear and that just takes time.

* and F'ing o-line that can block

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's just rust and timing. I don't think it's a huge concern, however, many teams will blitz the Pats looking to test Brady and he still has the ability to make quick reads and throw accurately. I also believe that with Taylor, Faulk, Maroney and Morris we'll see more of the running game early on. If Brady has to overcompensate because of the knee then that could be a minor problem, but I don`t forsee it being a problem when the real football (reg season) starts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

It has to, at least temporarily.  Anyone who suggests otherwise has never had an ACL reconstruction.  Having had both of mine done, I can tell you it is natural to think about it.  He will get over it - and sooner than later - and the knee will be as strong as ever - unless the graft does not hold well, which can happen.  My niece tore her right ACL three times (1. one using a patellar tendon, the other a cadavir.)  Very strange.  Carson Palmer wasn't trying to create news when he said there is a mental aspect to the recovery.  

Hannah's right - Its not a huge concern, but he is wrong that it is only rust. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?:
    [QUOTE]I saw that hit that brady took by geathers,and his first reation was grabbing his knee.he got up fine,and walked with no apparent pain,but many balls he threw over shot many receivers.is the mental aspect of the knee effecting him? http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1192840&srvc=rss
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Maybe the brace he is wearing shifted a little bit?  It can happen

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Of course he is. It is only natural.

It will go away though. Once he gets decked a few more times, and plays a few more games the competitive instinct should take over.

The last thing I am worried about in NE is Tom Brady's mental health. Nor am I worried about him getting his knee hit.

I am still watching the biggest issue the team had, which was a t corner, with much  interest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?:
    [QUOTE]I saw that hit that brady took by geathers,and his first reation was grabbing his knee.he got up fine,and walked with no apparent pain,but many balls he threw over shot many receivers.is the mental aspect of the knee effecting him? http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1192840&srvc=rss
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I didn't see him grab his knee or the brace on the replay I have (NFL Network rebroadcast of the Bengals team broadcast). It does show him get up and point downfield. I didn't get any impression after the play that he wasn't entirely focused on the next play.

While he did miss his receivers a few times, I was wondering about the Welker in the endzone shot that he overthrew. After the ball went past, Welker started pulling his jersey to tell the ref that he was being held so I would expect that, if he was held, that the ball would have been thrown to where he would have been had he not been.

Speaking of Defensive holding/pass interference. In the same series, Moss lined up right at around the 10-11 yard line. He went down and out at about the 4. The defender had his hand on Moss's chest and then batted the ball away. Now I know the defender can have his hand on the receivers back as long as he doesn't turn him. Does anyone know if he can have his hand on his chest legally? It seems to me they shouldn't be able to as it would always restrict the movement of at least one arm, but they didn't throw the flag and I was curious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I think it's affecting Brady a little. The pick he threw to Sheldon Brown looked to me like he picked up his left leg because he thought he saw someone around his leg in his peripheral. Once he realizes that his knee is fine he will be back to tip-top shape. Carson Palmer forgot that both Donovan McNabb and Philip Rivers have suffered from this same severe injury and Rivers came back to have an MVP year. He won't be 2007 great but that's only because the Pats will run the ball more. I still believe if we had a reliable RB in that SB we could have won it by a mile, but instead we had bounce off the OL and run to the corner for a loss Maroney. If we had Sammy Morris in the big bowl we could have done better. If the Pats go back to the spread offense teams will stop their O, now they're more well rounded with Taylor in the back field and the Organized Chaos blitz won't be as effective as it was in the SB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It could be that Brady does have some trouble planting. I am not concerned about the mental...at all. I reiterate the running game (including screens) could be a bigger part of the O early in the reg, season. I do think timing is important. If Brady gets the timing down pat...look out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I he were having trouble planting they wouldn't let him play. You only play on a rebuilt ACL if you are 100% pain free.

A freind of mine had his done a few times, and had to stop because of pain. The doctos wouldn't clear a painful knee, because it means it isn't healed, or didn't heal right.

Like TJ surgery, when it is done right, it is as good as new.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

What's an Organized Chaos blitz?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Z - you are correct with a couple exceptions - the severity and trauma of the initial damage and the reaction of the body to the surgery.  I had two completely different experiences with each of my knees. 

My first was an explosive tear to the extent that the miniscus became misplaced and my knee was stuck.  I did not come out of that surgery well with significant scar tissue build up and difficult rehab.

My second injury was much less severe.  The reaction from the surgery was great and I had and have had little issue with it since. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: is brady,s knee effecting him mentally?:
    [QUOTE]Z - you are correct with a couple exceptions - the severity and trauma of the initial damage and the reaction of the body to the surgery.  I had two completely different experiences with each of my knees.  My first was an explosive tear to the extent that the miniscus became misplaced and my knee was stuck.  I did not come out of that surgery well with significant scar tissue build up and difficult rehab. My second injury was much less severe.  The reaction from the surgery was great and I had and have had little issue with it since. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Yes, but he wouldn't be cleared to play if it were a compound knee injury like that. And we know he had no meniscus problems. If there were problems, he would still be out rehabbing at least.

As far as complications, you are correct. But once again, if he were having trouble planting because of stiffness they would be able to see it in practice, and he wouldn't go. A stiff tendon is more likely to tear again because it wasn't healed correctly. That is why many people have to get the operation several times before finally being healed. The difference with an athlete is that he wouldn't play in the interim.

Willis McGahee is the best example. He had a worst case scenario. His knee was totally blown up. Evry ligament, tendon, fraying of the cartilege. Torn up. It took him quite a while, but he is back, because, again, theoretically, it is like having three new tendons.

I wouldn't worry about any QB coming back from this. I would be more worried if there were bursar or mensicus issues, because those do come back. But if a ACL tears again, and it was done properly the first time, it is just bad luck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think Brady got blasted.  It hurt him all over, not in his knee.  Then he wasn't the same all evening.   This happens to lots of quarterbacks in lots of games.  It's the reason some coaches will blitz every single play.  You knock the QB around, legally or illegally, and then you win the game.

The knee clearly didn't bother him when he went 10 for 15 with one long-bomb interception (not quite as good as a punt, but a relatively good risk to take as interceptions go).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Reading WAY TOO much into what you saw.  This is the pre-season, Brady's first couple games of action in 18 months.  Did you really expect him to be razor sharp, like in mid-season form, now?  Get real and give him some breathing room!  How many of you here even thought he may look this good, this soon?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]its not whats being read into.i thought of this before i read this post,and i just put it up because i felt better that i wasnt the only one who saw this.in his first game against the eagles,he was sharp,and didnt show he had any rust,but in this game,he took hits,and sacks,and we were seeing balls being over thrown,or off timeing.but this could be many factors as stated.im sure in time it will iron out.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-9-210/Three-and-Out--New-England-Patriots.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Hey Underdogg did you go on the PUP list with your knee surgeries?.....get it dogg, PUP list.....ok that was bad Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Underdogg did you go on the PUP list with your knee surgeries?.....get it dogg, PUP list.....ok that was bad 
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

H:  C'mon Ghost....you can do better than that...LOL!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

yea, B that joke about surgery was pretty lame....hahahahah get it? surgery...lame  Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]yea, B that joke about surgery was pretty lame....hahahahah get it? surgery...lame  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_UV3MsNF9I&feature=related

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]yea, B that joke about surgery was pretty lame....hahahahah get it? surgery...lame  
    H: Yeah....but Moss beat me to it with his download of the Stooges' Men In Black...the only one of their shorts to win an Oscar...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

LOL, love those guys.... comic geniuses 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]What's an Organized Chaos blitz?
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

The Organized Chaos blitz is the blitz package used by Rex Ryan, the late Jim Johnson, and Tony Sparano. It was used in the 4 closest games the Patriots played in 2007 and it was quite effective. 

The OCB usually has multiple players coming from diffrent angles and it's usually hard to know which players will come on the rush that it looks chaotic but it's so oragnized that a sack is inevitable. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is brady,s knee effecting him mentally? : The Organized Chaos blitz is the blitz package used by Rex Ryan, the late Jim Johnson, and Tony Sparano. It was used in the 4 closest games the Patriots played in 2007 and it was quite effective.  The OCB usually has multiple players coming from diffrent angles and it's usually hard to know which players will come on the rush that it looks chaotic but it's so oragnized that a sack is inevitable. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain further?  Seems to me lots of teams blitz with players coming from different angles and usually try to make it hard to know which players will come on the rush.  And I've never heard of a blitz where a sack is inevitable.