Is Danny Amendola still a Patriots option next season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Is Danny Amendola still a Patriots option next season?

For the pats, errrrr.. I mean past two years now, I thought that eventually Amendola would be a Patriot and since the Pats didn't sign Wes to a long term deal this season, I felt they have been looking at bringing in Amendola next season when he is a free agent to take Welkers spot.  But now he is out another season after suffering a broken collarbone tonight and last season he missed all but the season opener.  Looks to me like Amendola is too fragil and I would really hate to see welker leave and have Amendola come in and try and take Welkers spot.  Big mistake, imo.  Sure, this is all speculation but with JD's connections with Amendola and him being a slot guy I think it's a pretty fair assumption to think Amendola has been on the Patriots wish list for a few years now.

I like Amendola but now I question his durability.  Also, he has had some drops and fumbles that concern me too.  A few drops tonight that looked very catchable.  Do you think Amendola is on or still on the Patriots radar?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: Is Danny Amendola still a Patriots option next season?

I hope not....hurt way too much...i can get over the droppsies, bc i feel certain players need to be more focused -BB would make sure of that...but he wouldnt be on the field...i would pass!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

When he's on the field the guy is electric nad is a perfect Welker clone, however, he's not been able to stay on the field and is not nearly as durable as Welker. Still I think you could make room to have both Edelman and Amendola on the team if Welker leaves and the odds both are hurt at the same time is slim. If anything this injury (even if he only misses a game or two) will help drop his value to a point where the Pats could pull the trigger

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

if WW isn't signed........second best option.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hopefully they stick with WELKER!  WELKER is much more durable that amedola !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Ill take Welker for another 3-4 years over Amendola. i would rather them go after a big physical receiver than another Welker slot type guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Guy can't seem to shake the injury bug.  Given that Hernandez hasn't exactly been the most durable guy in the world I'd be a little concerned about bringing in Amendola at the price I expect him to go for.  Honestly now that Gronk and Hern are both signed and most of the dead money we have now will no longer be on the books next season I think maybe we do bring Wes back.  Given that there aren't a lot of guys that we need to resign this offseason perhaps we can give him a frontloaded deal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If they can get Amendola for a good rate (3-4mil a year max) along with Edelman (2-3mil a year max) then those two combined would be a fraction of what they would be paying Welker. They could then take that 4-5mil extra savings and put it towards some secondary help or towards a vet RG.

I love Welker but I'd rather sure up another weak area of the team and have confidence that between Welker, Hern, and Amendola that Welkers role would be cover even in case of injury. Besides I think Hern is Welkers replacement long term anyways with Fells showing great blocking ability and Ballard could be a steal from the Giants as a 3rd TE next year.

Then you'd have a WR core of Lloyd, Hern, Amendola, Edelman, and Slater (ST's). That still leaves room to add a larger WR or someone to park across from Lloyd. Heck the way Demps runs if he can handle the route tree he could be the outside deep threat opposite Lloyd with Fells, Ballard, Gronk, and Hern playing your bigger possession type of receivers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket. Nice player but injured too often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket. Nice player but injured too often.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If they can get Amendola for a good rate (3-4mil a year max) along with Edelman (2-3mil a year max) then those two combined would be a fraction of what they would be paying Welker. They could then take that 4-5mil extra savings and put it towards some secondary help or towards a vet RG.

I love Welker but I'd rather sure up another weak area of the team and have confidence that between Welker, Hern, and Amendola that Welkers role would be cover even in case of injury. Besides I think Hern is Welkers replacement long term anyways with Fells showing great blocking ability and Ballard could be a steal from the Giants as a 3rd TE next year.

Then you'd have a WR core of Lloyd, Hern, Amendola, Edelman, and Slater (ST's). That still leaves room to add a larger WR or someone to park across from Lloyd. Heck the way Demps runs if he can handle the route tree he could be the outside deep threat opposite Lloyd with Fells, Ballard, Gronk, and Hern playing your bigger possession type of receivers

[/QUOTE]

We have a known quantity and you want to give it up for an unknown quantity? Edelman is hit or miss, Amendola is often injured and who knows what we could actually get for 4-6 million at RG or on defense? Not to mention we are now using up more roster spots, as you also mentioned with Demps and possibly others coming off injury/practice squad.

All I know is what we have in Wes and it's a lot, why risk that? Has BB taken these type of risks before? Yeah, but deserves his pay and he is one the biggest parts of our offense. No one does it like Wes on this team or in this league.