Is Geno Smith a bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

Re: Is Geno Smith a bust?

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A little obsession with Geno boys?

Somebody put up the clip of brady's last pass on Monday night and we'll compare.Thanks

[/QUOTE]

compare this , Brady 29-40 1 td 1 int...close loss on a very controversial call to a 6-3 team

Geno 8-23 4 turnovers (3 int 1 fumble)...Jets destroyed 37-14 by a 3-7 team

Pathetic...no comparison really  HOHA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For Christ's sake ,  he is a rookie 2nd round pick!  He has absolutely THE WORST supporting cast in the NFL.  The Jets have absolutely nobody at WR, RB, TE.  You guys compare him to Sanchez?  Was Sanchez really that bad?  He played well in the playoffs and won 4 playoff games, including shocking Brady and Pats in 2010 in Foxboroguh.

Sanchez also had a terrible supporting cast the past 2 years.  When he had a decent one, he definitely was a decent QB.  Sanchez went to playoffs in his first two years, was 8 and 8 in his third, and 6-10 in his 4th season.

I'd like to know how that is so terrible? He never had a competent offensive coach to groom him. He has not had pro-bowl WR's in his years.  

You think Stafford is so much better? What about Gabbert?  Now Gabbert is a bust, hasn't shown absolutely anything.  Sanchez has accomplished more with less. What has Stafford done?  Sure it's easy to have good stats when you got an all time great WR in Megatron.  Megatron is so good, he even put up good years with Dan Orlovsky throwing to him. Stafford also has better 2nd and 3rd options to throw to.  

[/QUOTE]

The jets have had a terrible cast for 45 years. it doesn't seem like it's going to change anytime soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I simply do not understand how anyone makes a decision on a rookie after a handful of games? He has had a few pretty good games, and a similar amount of horrible games. I am not ready to say he is a star, but a bust? Seems premature. We gave fellow second round draft choices RasI, TWilson and JCollins more than 10 games before declaring them busts. Regardless of Geno wearing green or not, seems to me any rookie deserves some time....let's see how it unfolds. 

[/QUOTE]

That is true, but he's also a QB who thought he should have deserved to go in the 1st rd and then pouted when he didn't. He also threatned to go home for draft day 2.

So, extra eyes are on Geno Bust so far for those reasons. He came off very entitled, so h's a perfect fit for the Jets.  

[/QUOTE]

Let him pout and then prove every other team was wrong. I hear he is a very hard worker, quickly grasps what the O coord puts on his plate and his team mates like him ( but not his turn overs) 

he is certainly capable of playing a game manger offense with some deep throws and make some plays with his legs while the defense wins games style. 

Give him some weapons and a full year in the system and then let's decide. Is he worse than manual or Tanneyhill? Is he worse than Cam has was last year? Is he worse than Cap this year? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to IndyTony's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A little obsession with Geno boys?

Somebody put up the clip of brady's last pass on Monday night and we'll compare.Thanks

[/QUOTE]

compare this , Brady 29-40 1 td 1 int...close loss on a very controversial call to a 6-3 team

Geno 8-23 4 turnovers (3 int 1 fumble)...Jets destroyed 37-14 by a 3-7 team

Pathetic...no comparison really  HOHA

[/QUOTE]

this puts things into perspective. Good post

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In his first 10 games Peyton Manning had a lot of Interceptions as well. It is unfair to Geno and to anyone who has ever struggled to call him a bust. Hey, I couldn't swim till I was 16; now I am a long distance open water swimmer. If there is hope for me, there is hope for Geno.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

"It wasn't a great throw. No excuses," Brady said,  "It should have been a better throw."

good night now!

[/QUOTE]
    It doesn't sound like Brady to criticize another QB which Geno Smith throw was he refering too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Spetznaz24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For Christ's sake ,  he is a rookie 2nd round pick!  He has absolutely THE WORST supporting cast in the NFL.  The Jets have absolutely nobody at WR, RB, TE.  You guys compare him to Sanchez?  Was Sanchez really that bad?  He played well in the playoffs and won 4 playoff games, including shocking Brady and Pats in 2010 in Foxboroguh.

Sanchez also had a terrible supporting cast the past 2 years.  When he had a decent one, he definitely was a decent QB.  Sanchez went to playoffs in his first two years, was 8 and 8 in his third, and 6-10 in his 4th season.

I'd like to know how that is so terrible? He never had a competent offensive coach to groom him. He has not had pro-bowl WR's in his years.  

You think Stafford is so much better? What about Gabbert?  Now Gabbert is a bust, hasn't shown absolutely anything.  Sanchez has accomplished more with less. What has Stafford done?  Sure it's easy to have good stats when you got an all time great WR in Megatron.  Megatron is so good, he even put up good years with Dan Orlovsky throwing to him. Stafford also has better 2nd and 3rd options to throw to.  

[/QUOTE]

He has absolutely THE WORST supporting cast in the NFL

when is this going to change?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In his first 10 games Peyton Manning had a lot of Interceptions as well. It is unfair to Geno and to anyone who has ever struggled to call him a bust. Hey, I couldn't swim till I was 16; now I am a long distance open water swimmer. If there is hope for me, there is hope for Geno.

[/QUOTE]

True and there is another NY QB with a worse TD to INT ratio this year but his name slips my mind!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Leave it to Pats fans to try to call out a rookie QB playing with a revolving cast of RBs, TEs and WRs with the teams new offense and new offensive coordinator a second round bust after years of being unable to admit such players as RasI, Jermaine, Tavon, Spikes, Wheatley, Jackson and who ever 2nd round busts you want to throw in there were anything other than stellar Belichick draft picks.  Nothing to see here... just typical Pats fans. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

What does Sanchez have to do with anything this year? he's hurt. bring in the next guy. The next guy ended up beating you earlier this year. Should have beat you both times. No arguing that one either.

[/QUOTE]

He should have lost both times, except for the official gift. Dope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Leave it to Pats fans to try to call out a rookie QB playing with a revolving cast of RBs, TEs and WRs with the teams new offense and new offensive coordinator a second round bust after years of being unable to admit such players as RasI, Jermaine, Tavon, Spikes, Wheatley, Jackson and who ever 2nd round busts you want to throw in there were anything other than stellar Belichick draft picks.  Nothing to see here... just typical Pats fans. 

Boo hoo. Are you saying it's not proper to ask if a high round draft pick looks like a bust or not?

And don't lump me in with anybody who was crowing that most of those Pats picks didn't suck.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Ok people, yes the Jests are in our division, but for cying out loud, can we please stop engaging Jests fans on this Pats board? They are only relavent when the Pats play them. Last time I checked, the Broncos are in town this week.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I am glad that some of you grasp what is going on with the Jets.  Yeah, Jets fans would love for Geno to come in and play lights out from day one.  Yeah, the pick 6s are terrible.  Hopefully he can improve but I see us drafting another QB next year.  How the staff feels about Geno will determine what rd we go QB in.

A couple of positives I see from Geno's situation:

1. It isnt all his fault--look at who he is throwing the ball to every week.  Not exactly an all star cast

2. Less coddling--Rex looks like he learned his lesson from the Sanchez era. 

3. Taking shots deep--even with our sorry cast of WR we are still letting Geno take his shots.  I think that making Sanchez exclusively manage a game hurt his developement.  Allowing Geno to play and learn may help his developement.

Geno may never be a good/great QB.  Time will tell and you will know what the coaching staff thinks of him during the draft.  He was our 3rd pick of the draft so if he winds up being a capable back up, so be it.  Just too early to tell right now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What does Sanchez have to do with anything this year? he's hurt. bring in the next guy. The next guy ended up beating you earlier this year. Should have beat you both times. No arguing that one either.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This really sums it up....beautifully!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I simply think here are a top 13 or 14 QB's in the NFL, and then there is everyone else ...that.on any given Sunday could be #15 or #32

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just curious, but that was due to opportunity or fear of water?  Sort of rare for kids today or of recent generations to not be taught how to smim somewhat early on.

Just curious.

Anyway, congrats on the swimming. Best overall exercise anyone can do, actually.   When I go to the gym, I usually swim.  1000 yards of free and pull in about 30 minutes. In and out and it works everything.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty

It was fear of water. I had to work real hard to overcome it. But, I slowly did. I've had to work hard to overcome a lot of things. So, I tend to be the kind of person who believes people can overcome most things. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Has life come down to the patriots as your number one priority in life like it has Babes and a few others in here.

[/QUOTE]

^ Says the clown-troll who haunts another team's site. You're pathetic. LMAO@U

Are the Pats a priority in my life? Hell yes! I love my team you swine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok people, yes the Jests are in our division, but for cying out loud, can we please stop engaging Jests fans on this Pats board? They are only relavent when the Pats play them. Last time I checked, the Broncos are in town this week.....

[/QUOTE]

They're all excited that they are at .500. Give them a few weeks and they will crawl back in the woodwork.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am glad that some of you grasp what is going on with the Jets.  Yeah, Jets fans would love for Geno to come in and play lights out from day one.  Yeah, the pick 6s are terrible.  Hopefully he can improve but I see us drafting another QB next year.  How the staff feels about Geno will determine what rd we go QB in.

1. It isnt all his fault--look at who he is throwing the ball to every week.  Not exactly an all star cast

3. Taking shots deep--even with our sorry cast of WR we are still letting Geno take his shots.  I think that making Sanchez exclusively manage a game hurt his developement.  Allowing Geno to play and learn may help his developement.

Geno may never be a good/great QB.  Time will tell and you will know what the coaching staff thinks of him during the draft.  He was our 3rd pick of the draft so if he winds up being a capable back up, so be it.  Just too early to tell right now.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, he's currently rated 32nd. But you're optimistic?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, he's currently rated 32nd. But you're optimistic?

[/QUOTE]

He should be... considering only 32 QB's can start each week he can't get any worse and can only trend up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to OneManBanned's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most QBs that are that bad at protecting the ball don't get better.  He has 20 turnovers through 10 games.  Not even Sanchez was that bad at protecting the football.

[/QUOTE]

Peyton threw 28 picks his first season, his career has worked out pretty well.

[/QUOTE]

He also threw for 26 TDs. At this rate Genobust won't even sniff that. And Manning did that in a tougher passing era.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont know how his career will shake out but there is too much smack talking in this thread for a guy who beat our team. I dont get it. You wanna call a guy a bust the same year he beat our team so what does that say about our D?

Im with Rkarp, give the guy some time. His weapons are S.Hill and S.Holmes. The guy was SB mvp like 10 years ago. Its like having Branch 2012 and Bethel Johnson. I dont like the jets but I dont hate anything. You guys hate clouds your common sense.

Like Rkarp said, are you gonna call Collins a bust? and dont tell me about talent in front of him. Mayo is out and Spikes and Hightower are slow and one dimensional and you tell me there is no place for an athletic 2nd rd backer???!!!  Wow

Dont choke on the kool aid guys. You making real pats fan look bad. Stop it. I dont care what he did vs anyone else, I just know he beat us so why are we talking? cuz we got a better record? thats weak. Just ignore the trolls

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The next guy ended up beating you earlier this year. Should have beat you both times. No arguing that one either."

There's a big upside for us Pats fans. Geno has played just well enough in some games to show those flashes of potential that will keep your QB position mired in mediocrity for some time to come.