Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheetburd. Show sheetburd's posts

Re: Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?

only te i trade him for is ben coates,and that would be tough without a time machine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OriginalPudge. Show OriginalPudge's posts

I liked Ben Watson better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VAPATRIOT. Show VAPATRIOT's posts

Love the discussion, I say yes he is the best TE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Gronk is a TRUE TE and a TURE TE blocks. So take away the H back, big wide out types like Hernandez (who is exceptional at his position) and Clark. Gonzalez was never a blocker like Gronk. Neither is Witten.

Gronk is prototypical. Blocking may be less sexy than a handful more catches over the season or another couple of touchdown catches but his blocking is huge. It opens big holes for running backs. It is often a big part of a successful third down run or running touchdown. And his play as a receiver is exeptional. And he holds on to the ball. And he doesnt go down easy.

I would not trade him for any TE in the league. ANd Hernandez is a perfect complement. ANd I suspect Gronk makes Hernandez more aware of the need to make good blocks himself. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Not quite yet but as long as he stays healthy and gets a few more seasons under his belt he will be.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

He might be the best pure TE out there right now, with Gonzalez and Gates still being in the discussion. And Hernandez is in the conversation for the new age H back type TE, at least talent wise. Once he can get his fumblitis and drops under control, he's got the talent to be the best along with Finley. Maybe he should get with Adrian Peterson for some lessons.

But as good as they are individually...I don't know if I've EVER seen a TE tandem like this...let alone one right now. Especially with the fact that they do have those different styles and compliment each other rather than steal each others snaps. These guys really are what make this offense go, almost as much as Brady.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Yes, he is Spartacus!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

are u guys forgetting his blocking? he did a great on demarcus ware. yes Gronk is the best all around TE. so happy to have him and Hernandez who is also a top 10 TE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Saints' TE Jimmy Graham is having a monster season: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/21/jimmy-graham-is-having-a-ridiculous-season/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?:
    [QUOTE]I'll say no right now but top 5. Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

So who's better than Gronk right now, today?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Gronk the best TE in the NFL? : True, but I don't think he's much of a blocker or at least not as good as Gronk is.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You just nailed it. Gronk provides the blocking and receiving to his game. Gronk leads in TDs right now but it behind in yardage.

Jimmy Graham is having a great year because he is Bress' #1 target, andd that's about it-he's not known for his blocking game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Gronk certainly has the tools to be the best in time, but is not there just yet...if he stays healthy, I think he will. I'd love to see this guy stay healthy, but he looks a tad bit stiff (to be expected for a guy that big) and he just seems to take a lot of awkward looking hits. To his credit he's stayed reasonably healthy thus far and his love for the game seems evident; it helps that he's got one of the best all time throwing him the ball too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yes

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

A throwback classic: Gronk of the Bavarii

18. This post has been removed.