Is it just me (am I being insensitive)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Is it just me (am I being insensitive)?

Look at Harvey ball banger jump in to point fingers at all the other teams.  What a sad little troll.  I remember kids like him all through school and growing up.  He was the one who would tell on all the other kids because his life was so boring and pathetic.  He would do everthing in his power to make it look like he was the best kid in the world.  He thought his teachers were so proud of him for being the finger pointer when really they would all get together and laugh at the creepy kid.  Kind of like here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We get it, you're all man. You love the military and don't take crap from anyone. That's great, but not everyone is built like you. 

Some people are sensitive, they don't like confrontation.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Last I checked we still live in America so freedom of opinions and speech is alive-everyones entitled to their opnion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nflpa-investigating-dolphins-incognito-martin-155251318--nfl.html

It appears both the NFLPA and the league office are looking into this.

In light of some recent and well publicized tragedies involving victims of bullying, there will be disciplinary actions if indeed there were bullying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Yeah, I just don't think it's bullying that's going on here - it's a mental health thing - depression or whatever. The guy had some sort of a breakdown. I hope he gets better.

Bullying of a left tackle in the NFL makes ZERO sense and I'm confident it's not the cause of his issues.  I don't think Incognito had a single thing to do with it. Think about it realistically, a starting LT runs away from his team mid-season because of some pranks or run of the mill locker room stuff? I don't think so.

This stuff happens, Barrett Robbins, Aaron Sears, many others. Usually it doesn't manifest until after they retire. Would anybody be shocked if it turns out to be concussion-related?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Martin could have been bullied too. People who are odd in some way--including people who have mental health problems--do get bullied (or harassed) at times.  There's nothing unusual about that.  If Martin's a weird guy because of his mental health issues, he may get "teased" in ways that can amount to bullying or harassment.  Somehow, I don't expect a bunch of football players (especially Richie Incognito of all people!) to be the most sensitive or aware people in the world when it comes to knowing where to draw the line between harmless teasing and harrassment. Martin's teammates may not have been intending to cause harm, but may still have acted in ways that caused harm.  I don't see why this is puzzling.  I'm sure the NFL and NFLPA will put something in place to get players to be more sensitive about what could constitute harrassment in the workplace. There are legal issues they'll want to avoid. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Re Jonathan Martin: How does a guy who's 6'5 310 lbs and plays in the NFL get "bullied"? You make your living basically fighting, punching, wrestling and generally slamming your body into other very large men.

It seems unusual, not your run-of-the-mill victim of bullying. It seems he'd be capable of ending it, with prejudice, if he wanted to.

I don't get it.

[/QUOTE]

It's not you. The guy sucks. I warned about MArtin being a massive flaw with their team. Irt forced them to deal for McKinnie and it weakaned their line.

Good thing they paid Wallace 13 mil per.

He clearly is weak mentally and it's why I am a fan of BB's GM work and not really anyone else's. 

I cannot imagine this happening in NE.

[/QUOTE]

Oh Rusty . . . did you forget all about BB signing Aaron Hernandez twice?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Re Jonathan Martin: How does a guy who's 6'5 310 lbs and plays in the NFL get "bullied"? You make your living basically fighting, punching, wrestling and generally slamming your body into other very large men.

It seems unusual, not your run-of-the-mill victim of bullying. It seems he'd be capable of ending it, with prejudice, if he wanted to.

I don't get it.

[/QUOTE]

It's not you. The guy sucks. I warned about MArtin being a massive flaw with their team. Irt forced them to deal for McKinnie and it weakaned their line.

Good thing they paid Wallace 13 mil per.

He clearly is weak mentally and it's why I am a fan of BB's GM work and not really anyone else's. 

I cannot imagine this happening in NE.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, every player that BB drafts is mentally strong. A guy going on a murderous rampage is much better than what happened in Miami. Honestly, do you even think before you spew out your bs?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the player with issues is the player that was harassing Martin, Incognito. Incognito is a true head case, having issues at every place in his career. if this isnt roid rage at its ugliest, I dont know what is. Incognito and Pouncey, 2 thugs that have serious issues...Martin, scholastic, Stanford grad, mild mannered. NFL football OLman, but not a mauler, a technician. easy to see why the tension

[/QUOTE]

Incognito is now being investigated as the ringleader of this little situation.   Miami covered up his off field potential felony this past offseason. I always felt it was suspicious Miami didn't at least fine him for whatever his involvement was in the hotel.

Something happened.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/21/report-richie-incognito-punched-knocked-out-a-hotel-security-guard/

[/QUOTE]

aplogize to rkarp. He nailed it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I just don't think it's bullying that's going on here - it's a mental health thing - depression or whatever. The guy had some sort of a breakdown. I hope he gets better.

Bullying of a left tackle in the NFL makes ZERO sense and I'm confident it's not the cause of his issues.  I don't think Incognito had a single thing to do with it. Think about it realistically, a starting LT runs away from his team mid-season because of some pranks or run of the mill locker room stuff? I don't think so.

This stuff happens, Barrett Robbins, Aaron Sears, many others. Usually it doesn't manifest until after they retire. Would anybody be shocked if it turns out to be concussion-related?

[/QUOTE]

I trueley believe you to be a nice guy-you just got caught up into something that can easily become toxic in many victims lives--I for one welcome your Patriot insight on these boards-Gods grace to you my friend!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't get it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't get it.

[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you. Bullying happens in the professional world just like in Junior High. I It's easy to say punch the bully but what if the bully is in a position of power. Who are people going to believe. The "popular" star or the troubled player. I know the accounts of the bullying are coming from the agent (at least the accounts I've read) but they go beyond simple bullying into financial extortion. Just because a player is "quiet" or "shy" it does not make him mentally ill. I'm sure Martin could kick all our butts but who knows the politics in that locker room. They are a pretty dysfunctional organization and have been for a while now. The Pats had a bunch of these clowns back in the 80's. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's probably a combo of both although "bullying" seems like the wrong word.  I will say, if you aren't adult or even in high school and you continue on with a pattern of giving someone crap all the time, that's pretty much bullying.

Incognito has always been a tool anyway.  Dolphins helped cover up an assault on a uniformed officer at a hotel this past offseason.

No idea how they got Goodell to turn his head on that one.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have always been a tool too.  No idea how the mods turn their head on you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From yahoo.com:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dolphins-suspend-guard-richie-incognito-nfl-investigates-claims-045206231--nfl.html

The Dolphins have suspended Incognito while the NFL investigates the situation, NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reported after speaking to Incognito. The team announced the suspension shortly after that. 

ESPN had a detailed report that Incognito had intimidated Martin. ESPN said, among other things, Incognito pressured Martin into contributing $15,000 toward a trip by the linemen to Las Vegas, a trip Martin didn't go on. The report said Martin feared retribution from Incognito and that's why he didn't immediately file a formal complaint. Mike Garafolo reported for Fox Sports that Incognito left messages for Martin that were "threatening and racially charged." Martin's representatives did eventually inform the team of "player misconduct" on Sunday. Here was the Dolphins statement:

“We received notification today from Jonathan’s representation about allegations of player misconduct. We are taking these allegations very seriously and plan to review the matter further. We have also reached out to the NFL and asked them to conduct an objective and thorough review. As an organization, we are committed to a culture of team-first accountability and respect for one another.”