Is it possible the Pats deliberatley tanked the Ravens' game to avoid the new final-8 F/A rule?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: Is it possible the Pats deliberatley tanked the Ravens' game to avoid the new final-8 F/A rule?

NO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Is it possible the Pats deliberatley tanked the Ravens' game to avoid the new final-8 F/A rule?

With all due respect root where the pats are concerned neither one of us can say with any certainty that the pats did not tank the game, if that is what you are suggesting "obviously didn't happen. 

And I don't care whether or not you think you were apoplectic.  If you know the colts wussed out, I know you were apoplectic.

Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

carawaydj   lol

chrisakawoody  If there was a plan to toss the season, than it probably WAS made well before Welker got injured.  If you look at the way the season went we seemed to beat everybody for a half.  It would be alot easier to do in football, and don't think this stuff doesn't happen in other sports either...

The season before KG arrived in town, when teams were hoping to win the Greg Oden/Kevin Durant lottery and the C's won 24 games, Doc Rivers starting five for the Celtics was Sebastian Telfair on point, Delonte West SG, Pierce got hurt so he had ancient Wally Szczerbiak at SF, Jefferson recovered from injury enough to showcase that he was substantially better than undersized starting PF Ryan Gomes with old, small broken backed Theo Ratliff and Kandi man revolving at center.  Brian Scalabrine was the main 6th man.

This would simply seem to indicate a horrible lineup and not be overly strange... if he didn't have Rajon Rondo, Leon Powe and Kendrick Perkins riding the pine all season. 

Luckily they didn't win the lottery and wind up with Oden's oft injured butt; BIG AL was shipped to Minny and the rest was history as Rondo, Powe and Perkins have gone on to win a championship... and would've had two if not for KG getting injured. 

Not until the playoffs did ESPN acknowledge the possibility of a team throwing an entire season with a report on the worst teams in the league dogging it at the end, and even than only a quick mention...  whole threads about it were circulating here ALL SEASON when it was obvious their overwhelmingly best players in preseason and summer league weren't playing. 

Leon Powe actually got into a nationally televised game once when they had numerous big man injuries occur, he dominated the Cavs for a half leading the halftime announcer to ask Doc where he had been hiding Powe all season, who subsequently made Leon disappear for the remainder of the season.

Team's tank in the NBA because the lottery system, while rigged, seems impartial enough when you consider the depth of talent at the top of the first round with steep decline downward to the 2nd round and because one player can change the fortunes of your team.  Considering the PAT's have way too many crucial players that need resigning and the new rule, it doesn't sound overly far fetched. 
    This is still big business... sometimes you need to take a step back to get a running start over the rules.  You still haven't convinced me, but it's an interesting notion none the less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

And I don't care whether or not you think you were apoplectic.  If you know the colts wussed out, I know you were apoplectic.

That doesn't even make sense. The colts wuss out was actually televised. They even said they did.

Another example of your inability to correctly compare issues.

Here's the thing - you feel inferior about the colts - everyone gets that. They have great talent, but with the exception of a string of luck, haven't been able to put that talent towards winning championships. They have had more talent as a team than the Pats, but did a lot less with it. It happens. And Manning cries when things don't go his way. So what if he is a baby. And Polian cries when things don't go his way. He is a big red-faced baby. No big deal. So the team has to cry to the league for rules changes and Manning throws his team under the bus. You just have to get over the fact that the colts are not the Patriots and never could be. From the top down, the organization is made up of people who throw tantrums when things don't go their way. If the tantrum doesn't work, they take their ball and move to another city. They will never be a great as the Pats. As Al Davis would say, "Gedovah it."

And you also feel inferior to most of the posters on this board - it seems lately that it is me and TexasPat in particular  but that is really because we are the latest ones to call shenanigans on your posts. But you really need to get over the fact that you will never be smarter than the collective of this board. Your arguments are generally just a bunch of under-cooked spaghetti that doesn't stick to the wall. Most regulars can see this and call you on it regularly.

I really don't know why you insist on continually running straight into arguments that you are bound to lose because the facts just don't support your arguments or you just aren't smart enough to string your arguments together. I guess I don't really need to know. I will tell you this. If I saw this as a fight on the street, I would have stepped in long ago to stop you from getting killed. But since it is only a bulletin board, you keep on running .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Root, do you ever write anything new.  I've read this over and over and over and over again.  I got it.  I know how you feel 

Please lets not use the Pats had less talent excuse to make the pats seem more mighty.  Their defense was tops in the league in their winning years and its why they won.  That and, of course, the cheating. 

As for your put downs re: the rest of the colts org, again you sound like a baby. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

WOZZY,

That reminds me of my half-brother's troubles playing college baseball. He was so good that he was benched...at two teams, no less.  He was the Southern California Little League All Star MVP, i.e. the best player out of 38,000 kids.  He got a scholarship to Santa Clara and the coach kept him on the pine all the time. Why? To build a championship team around him as a junior and senior.  For example, he got to play in this one game:  First at bat, HR.  Second at bat, HR.  Third at bat...benched.  The coach knew that if he hit three or more HRs, MLB  scouts would flood my bro with offers.  Bye, bye championship team-building.

So my brother, James Eidam, transferred to U.F. and got another fat scholarship.  What happens?  That coach benches him for half a season before my brother - who is an all around nice guy and super popular, not high-maintenance - meets with the coach to express his frustration of transferring for a chance to play only to be benched again.  The coach caves and puts my bro in games that week. By the end of the week my brother had a game in which he hit a HR, then a double, then a triple, then a walk.  Everybody is watching to see if he hits the cycle. He doesn't - he hits another HR.  U.F. batting record.  He hit the longest HR ever at U. Miami's park  - 570 ft.  He also hit a HR to center field at U. F. that sailed over a road, over a dorm building (Tobert Hall) and into the building complex's quad, probably about 600 ft.  Here is a Google map view: http://maps.google.com/, then search for "Stadium Road, Gainesville, FL". Look at that distance! The announcers claimed it was the longest HR they had ever seen hit in any game, anywhere, at any level. If you view the map you will see why.

And wouldn't you know, in his senior year he got hit by two fastballs to the hand in the first week of the seasono and had nerve damage that affected his swing for at least half of the season and thus ruined his B/A.  Pro scouts never got to see him shine the way he was made to do it.  They saw the injured guy and his misleadingly diminished stats. He got better at the end of the season, but it was too late. See his stats here - http://www.gatorzone.com/baseball/history.php#16

Ironically, he and his fellow seniors got blacklisted to MLB scouts by Coach Lopez, successor to the coach that had benched my bro, after they only finished third in the NCAA College W/S, and because he and those players would not convert to devout Christianity for Lopez. 

Because of these selfish coaches my brother never got to the big leagues, even though he was All-American, led U.F. in HRs and slugging in his junior year and still had a very good year with his injury as a senior.  Despite the injury, his lifetime U.F. slugging %age was 45 points higher than the next best guy on the team, his friend David Eckstein, who did not get blacklisted and ended up a World Series MVP for the Cardinals. 

My point is that coaches do indeed not always try to win games, if it serves a greater purpose, even at the cost of the players, like my bro.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

It really did look like the patsies were losing on purpose now that you bring it up. You are so wise dude, you should be on ESPN or something. I really like the part when brady let Ray Lewis come through the line practically untouched, chase him down like a baby gazelle and pounce on him with insane enthusiasm. I'm also sure the other  N.E. players didn't have enough pride to want to demolish a team  that essentially all other NFL teams despise. Yeah chrisateawoody, you are so insightful, smart and courageous for pointing out such a painful truth. Also, the Mighty Ravens are a miserable team and could not possibly beat the patriots for real. Everyone knows that !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In a word----NO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Root, do you ever write anything new.  I've read this over and over and over and over again.  I got it.  I know how you feel 

Please lets not use the Pats had less talent excuse to make the pats seem more mighty.  Their defense was tops in the league in their winning years and its why they won.  That and, of course, the cheating. 

As for your put downs re: the rest of the colts org, again you sound like a baby.

Some deny the forest for the trees. Others, the trees for the forest. You seem to deny the existence of both even though they are standing right in front of you.

My post wasn't about the Pats or the colts. It was about you. You should probably try selling the version of you that you want to be elsewhere - no one has bought it here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

If BB decided to tank the game then it was a great move and pure genius!  If he didn't, then Pees was to blame!  Pees probably wasn't following BB's orders and cost them the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Is it possible the Pats deliberatley tanked the Ravens' game to avoid the new final-8 F/A rule?:
    If BB decided to tank the game then it was a great move and pure genius!  If he didn't, then Pees was to blame!  Pees probably wasn't following BB's orders and cost them the game.
    Posted by BBRULES23

OK Underdoggg, is BBRULES23 one of your accounts?  No way this is a real user.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Dj - I hear you, but he has been around for a while, and while he has always blindly defended Belichick, he few comments that I have seen recently have been oddly blind (can't think of a better description).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

posted at 1/15/2010 2:21 PM EST
    First: 9/24/2007
    Last: 1/15/2010
    In Response to Re: Is it possible the Pats deliberatley tanked the Ravens' game to avoid the new final-8 F/A rule?:
    Posted by BBRULES23

OK Underdoggg, is BBRULES23 one of your accounts?  No way this is a real user.

I honestly wish I had thought of this character.  He's hilarious!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patafan. Show patafan's posts

O.K.guys and girls let's not get hung up on other teams and what they did or didn't do that was right or wrong . Instead let's focus on what might happen in the near future with the Pats. Some of us really know how Bill plans for the future . Is it possible that he might not have prepared his team as best as he could to face the Ravens , which is almost incomprehensible to think . But it could have happened . It's hard for any diehard Pats fan to believe we could get blown away like we did , there certainly must be a reason , right ? Or was it some things that were left out in the preparation ? , Or did we just stink that bad ? I guess we will never know. But let's look to the future to see if all the player moves that were made in the recent past will be put to use to take advantage of these new rules to get free agents and what kind of spending will be used to get it done . My guess is BB will get the players he wants that will allow them to become the team that we all want to see, and that is a winning championship team . Isn't that what we all want ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jets6969. Show jets6969's posts

Well to all you guys who worship BB, you guys dont actually know him personal or intellectually. Even though you may pretend you do, you really do not. My point which i am trying to get across stop pretending like you know what BB was thinking and what his thought process was; we can only guess. I also forgot to mention none of you are on the patriots stop referring to the PATRIOTS in the 1st person.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Is there a way to not have to read about the Colts in a thread on the Pats theoretically throwing a game to the Ravens?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The idea is ludicrous, no player would ever agree to tank a game.  It would require a conspiracy where players and coaches kept a huge secret.  Impossible

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No conspiracy, but I'll give the Patriots credit for not being able to lose for losing.  They can now sign anybody that they want and threaten to crush any competition like ants for the next three years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Paul, you'll have to change your name to the New England Yankees.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

ROOT,

You must realize that Underoos... there comes from a city where several of the High SWchools graduate less than 20% of their students.... and he calls the schools good, and says that they provide an excellent education in the ISC.

When you realize that several of the schools in his area actually have a passing score of less thaN 17% you can easily understand how UNDEROOS gets stuck on the one big word that he knows in an attempt to prove how intelligent he is.
    Please do not push him too far, ROOT as he will follow in the footsteps of Manning and start crying again as he did when I told him that for the most part Indy is a craphole- and they are a second rate city.  He told me that they had one of the BEST school systems in the country about a year ago.... LOL then I showed him the "Public stats" for their public school system and he got upset...

SO lets all allow him to show us his intelligence and not become apoplectic when he is facetious in his discussions about how the patriots had a conspiracy to breach their collective integrity, and somehow accept one for the future of the team. 

The guy is a perfect AZZ... in every manner of the word, and that is why I started calling him Underoos... he cotniually shows me that he is nothing better than Peyton Manning's Underoos....