2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Is Jerry Angelo right?

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to mellymel1's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Of course Angelo is right. Only a f'n idiot would argue that he isn't.

You don't stock up on pass blocking lineman if you have Peterson. You don't break the bank for elite WRs if you have Mark Sanchez.

This is just common sense. But too many here simply have none of that.

Oh yeah....Mr. Nasty has common sense...the common sense of a lab chimp reaching for more cocaine during a clinical experiment.....

LOL!

In the last decade the worst worst GMs were:

Al Davis

Matt Millen

Jerry Angelo

Absolutely no lie or joke. Tannenbaum made it a tight race, but his disastrous work started in 2008.

So Babe calls BB a bad GM and then praises arguably the worst for a decade in Jerry Angelo.

Cannot be made up.

[/QUOTE]

Jerry Angelo is the worst GM of the past ten years??...I'm not saying he is the best, but that is what most GMs are...sometimes good, sometimes they miss.

I'll tell you what, if our GM drafted any of these players, you would call him the "Best GM EVER"!

Matt Forte - Guy can run and catch! Thank you Bill Belichick, obviously.

Greg Olson - what do you people want? The guy catches passes and catches them well. BB laying in the weeds!

Alex Brown - The guy was a 4th round pick! He is/was a pass rusher. Thank you BB, thank you!

Charles Tillman - yeah he was pretty good...any questions??

Lance Briggs - "Best GM EVER!!! Oh my GOOOOOOOD!".

Ian Scott - serviceable...you're spoiled if you think all 300 pound, late round defensive tackles are going to be in the pro bowl...Thank you Bill...thank you!

Tommie Harris - Thanks Bill! Find me another defensive tackle who was better his first two years...laying in the weeds!

Tank Johnson - A nose for the talent!!

Bernard Berrian - Pretty darn good...but blame Brady.

Nathan Vasher - Good player...not his fault he got hurt you tolls!!!!!

Kyle Orton - Yes! Did you see the season he had in Denver?!?!?! Not his fault he was miscatsed in a run based, mindless offense.

Chris Harris - You telling me he is not solid? What do you expect? The guy is still playing...and starting, TROLLS!

Devin Hester - Yeah Bill Belichick drafts a perennial pro bowler in the second and all you trolls do is complain!!

Mark Anderson - How many pass rushers do you find in the 5th round...the 5th round people!!!

Henry Melton - Oh my God!! Henry Melton...Bill Belichcik found a defensive tackle in the 4th round who can run, pressure, stop the run, play running back! Hello!! Hello! Trolls!! Yeah he got hurt, but it's not Belichick's fault.

[/QUOTE]

Read my first sentence rusty (I'm not saying he is the best).

The rest of it you said:)

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Angelo isnt right or wrong. He is stating an opinion of what happened to the Pats. He was a GM, so lets give him a little credit. YOu can say he was a lousy GM or not, but he was a GM with an opinion. His thought seems to mirror about what 70% of the posters here are saying. YOu can agree or disagree, the guiy is simply stating an opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he even implies he is lousy. He is really deferential. He is really just critiquing one personell motive. 

At the same time, I don't think BB hasn't tried to surround the offense with talent. He's just missed on WRs more often than not lately. 

We shall see how the latest crop works out. 

Givens    99210.21

Branch   4348911.42

Those are the rookie year stats for Branch and Givens. You just don't know what you have in this system until the players have time to adapt to it.

By and large, I think most aspects of the team deserve a bogie this season. Once you take the whole of it, the massive amounts of injury, etc, they were so s-hort handed. 

And they fought valiantly. 

In reality, sadly enough, the season was likely sunk when Gronk had his knee bent backwards by T.J. Ward. 

If they ever get a complete season from that guy it will be a great season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

This is how stupid Mt Hurl is:

Pre 2011 lockout, if you missed on a 1st rd pick, it could be very damaging due to the money that the rookies were getting in Rd 1. It was completely out of whack, and pretty much the main reason FOR THE LOCKOUT.

So, the list of Angelo 1st rd busts above piled up to the point he eventually could not resign a lot of players that he may have wanted to.

The fact Mt Hurl doesn't understand this is comical.  They also had no 1st rd pick in 2009 or 2nd rd pick.

So, if you're paying Rex Grossman 10 million per year to suck over and over and benching your superior 4th rd QB in Orton, who went like 10-2 or something as a rookie in 2005, that's kinda detrimental to the team.

So, any solid pick like I listed or that Mt Hurlie overrated as somehow magically tremendous picks (I am still laughing at the Ian Scott thingy), are moot due to first botching the first rd pick literally every single year.

I mean, he picked Grossman and Michael Haynes in Rd 1 of the same draft.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is Mt Hurl's source???  bawahaaha

I just peed myself!

[/QUOTE]

Uhm...yeah. My lord you are slow, my post is you speaking in the three and a half person, it's kind of like a funny little puzzler. It's a bit of sarcasm on how you would approach/feel/write/say/think towards those draft selections if Belichick had made them, because that is how you sound...daily:(

Some of my sarcasm is pretty spot on on how you would of handled it...the pass rushers in the later rounds? You would of went blastic with joy! A second round pick that makes the pro bowl consistently? Bananas! In fact you would of made excuses for about half a dozen other players I didn't put on that list, that's the truth...you would of blamed injuries or misfortune. And Tillman? Christ you would of placed BB in the GM hall of fame. As for Briggs, you would of compared him to LT..why not? You already place Spikes in the hall of fame, you even started a thread praising his toughness ten minutes before Belichick banished him from the team for being a turd.

This is what you do every single day around here. You praise average players that get great coaching, who are bailed out by a hall of fame QB. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran 3h

Randy Moss tells me it "hurts" to see Tom Brady without a full arsenal of weapons. #PatriotsTalk

Expand

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Randy Moss tells me it "hurts" to see Tom Brady without a full arsenal of weapons. #PatriotsTalk

Expand [/QUOTE]

It's kind of funny that outside of this fishbowl of homerism, 90% of the world sees it like it really is.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Expand [/QUOTE]

It's kind of funny that outside of this fishbowl of homerism, 90% of the world sees it like it really is.

[/QUOTE]

Hate to break this to you, but that is not the case. The media has brainwashed morons like you to think that.

And, the internet community does not represent educated adult fans who realize fantasy stats in the regular season, mean JACK SQUAT in the postseason.

The homers are you and your group.

You think Brady can do no wrong, BB is trying to ruin Brady's career and people like Matt Millen and Jerry Angelo knew how to team build last decade.

Manning may choke on Sunday and I sure hope he does, as painful as it would be to see your cheating buddy and frontrunner Pete Carroll hoist the Lombardi, but you can't win anything with crappy or mediocre QB play. It just doesn't happen in this league.

Trent Dilfer and the 2000 Ravens would not win a SB today.  Period.

Goodell has seen to that.

[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to but it is the case and I think Mthurl is underestimating.  It's more like 98 % that see it.  There's only a small % of  sorry, deluded, institutionalized, morons that think a better receiving cast wouldn't make a difference and an even less % of  brain dead, sickos that think a better than pond scum defense wouldn't have helped.

You see, most people know that it takes a team to beat a team and when you go into battle with less, as in crappy receivers and an offensive defense, you're probably gonna lose.  That's the way the real works.  The real world is the opposite of the psychotic delusions dancing in your head.

Don't even start crying about injuries.  Injuries happen.  What shouldn't happen is 13 rookies replacing the injured and incompetent.  4 Rookie receivers!!!!!! Bwahaha 

If that isn't a W T F, then I don't know what is.  Who does that?  N O B O D Y!

Epic BB fail!  Any other GM would be fired!

What did Kraft say a couple of years ago (2011), when asked what was lacking in the game?

Weapons!  Gotta be sick of it by now!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

Branch in 2003 (his second season):

57 receptions, 3 TDs, 803 yards

Dobson and Thompkins as ROOKIES on the outside as larger threats:

6'3 Dobson: 37, 5 TDs, 519 yards

6'1 Thompkins: 32, 4 TDs, 466 yards

The only legit argument for an "outside threat" due to size was Givens and he wasn't someone who made you quake in your boots.

Where do people get this concept that Brady had elite, Moss-like threats when he played better than he does now? When did this happen?

[/QUOTE]

Pats had a much better DEFENSE in those SB wins also-impacts alot of the game?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The only legit argument for an "outside threat" due to size was Givens and he wasn't someone who made you quake in your boots.

Where do people get this concept that Brady had elite, Moss-like threats when he played better than he does now? When did this happen?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, but Brady is paid more and in an easier offensive era. He's been worse and been paid MORE.

It's harder to play D now and there is less money available to spend. The cap is the same as it was in 2009.

It should bounce here soon to raise the ceiling, but Brady has sucked in postseasons, even when spoiled with talent. It was easier to keep players on the roster pre 2011 because there weren't players all lining up into a market that was rising.  Some used personal goals to capitalize on it. CBs, RBs, WRs and QBs, one of them wa Brady.

Bill Polian was fired because he didn't get it.  What does that tell you?

[/QUOTE]

Dead  Money is the highest paid player on the team. 

What's that tell you?

Tells me the Gm wasted a whole lot of money on trash when he should have been paying for treasures.

Wonder if Kraft is tired of BB spending his money on trash?

Hope so.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, but Brady is paid more and in an easier offensive era. He's been worse and been paid MORE.

It's harder to play D now and there is less money available to spend. The cap is the same as it was in 2009.

It should bounce here soon to raise the ceiling, but Brady has sucked in postseasons, even when spoiled with talent. It was easier to keep players on the roster pre 2011 because there weren't players all lining up into a market that was rising.  Some used personal goals to capitalize on it. CBs, RBs, WRs and QBs, one of them wa Brady.

[/QUOTE]

What's that tell you?

Tells me the Gm wasted a whole lot of money on trash when he should have been paying for treasures.

Hope so.

[/QUOTE]

I am just thrilled with snow coming down here tonight, this region is paralyzed.

I kinda enjoy watching you be a moron. lol

Sign Mike Wallace! Hurry! bwawhah

[/QUOTE]

Does all that snow mean you get to post work from home today, Queenie?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's that tell you?

Hope so.

[/QUOTE]

Queenie says BB budgets 20 mil per year for dead money.  He actually saved money this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ohhh, so since Hern was incarcerated we should have just used the money we saved from him going to jail to sign.....mike wallace? Oh wait there was no money. Maybe trade for jimmy graham or something while that known injury bust gronk rehabs...lol come on.

[/QUOTE]

Or how about not signing Amendola in the 1st place and paying Welker that little extra, or paying Sanders that little extra to have an extra vet and not rely on rooks so much, or realize Gronk is oft injured coming off a couple major injures and invest in an extra backup, or after Hern got arrested try to trade for one (not named Graham) or see what was available via FA in camp. True you know I don't endorse signing the biggest FA's out there but I do preach getting proper backups for injury issue players and that you can get good vets entering their prime for reasonable money but yo might have to pay a little more for them then what you think is market value, or simply hold on to the talent you already have. Someone who fits the system and gels well with your best player is more valuable then the mil or two you save later wasted on the likes of A. Wilsons of the world. And no I'm not just talking about Welker but what about Woodhead? He was an affective backup for Vereen the previous year who ended up starting because guess what Vereen got hurt. Are you telling me the difference of $0.5mil (difference between what Washington originally signed for and Woodheads cap hit this year) was worth the cost of losing an affective player in your system?

[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

No one was asking for us to trade for Graham last June, but we just sat there and signed Mike Jenkins! Mike Jenkins! The guy's nickname was molases. I'm serious. And who was the bum they signed from Buffalo? Donald jones? You got to be kidding me!? And what was it? Hawkins? From the Titans...the guy is working for Century 21 right now.

They could of done something. And this Hernandez thing...they had no idea something was coming down? I mean they told everyone he was out in California working out with Brady in March, when he wasn't...surely they knew that. Surely some players whispered this guy was out of control - and NFL teams are very dialed in to local law enforcement...federal too, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a phone call to the team about this guy.

It was bad preparation. No plan. Poor decisions. Amendola is a prime example of the poor decisions that went on last off season.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, great post. Jenkins, jones and whoever else you came up with really crippled the cap...what was their cap hit again?

Oh, but they prevented BB from going after the other great receivers....who were they again?

Hey, tell us more about how Belichick has no plan, and makes poor decisions, and tell us more how you would have seen this Hernandez thing a mile away.

You're so smart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Expand [/QUOTE]

Actually, Randy was saying this when he was first acquired by the Pats as well.

Even a fool can see that BB has struggled desperately to give Brady top weapons over the years.

It's no coincidence that Brady's two biggest TD years were when he had the elite talent of Moss and Gronk for the whole season.

The truth is simple to see if you check your agenda at the door and use common sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What has Denver won with their approach? So far, a bunch of regular season games. If they win Sunday, we can talk about their excellent approach.

If they lose, then what? Are all you folks extolling their virtues going to admit their approach is as flawed as everybody elses?

Or are you okay with losing Super Bowls? Because it seems to me, the team you're most critical of has been there and done that more than once. If that's your goal, just to get there, to surround the big name QB with just enough weapons so he can compile stats and lose a Super Bowl, then you should be fine with BB's work.

Put another way, will you be as critical of Denver (including Elway and the guy before him who drafted a bunch of the weapons, McDaniels I believe?) as you are of your team if they fail on Sunday?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]
    LOL!

Bustchise caught again!  LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Caught? I made a mistake and took responsibility for it. How is that being caught? You should try it sometime.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.