is kevin faulk the odd man out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

is kevin faulk the odd man out?

he would be a huge loss if the pats dont bring him back.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=166242&id=1477

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: is kevin faulk the odd man out?

Until someone else proves they are better than Faulk at what he does for us, we need to keep him.  I expect to see the same users post about how old he is before the season starts, and I expect Faulk to continue to prove his worth afterwards.

So Yeah, it would be a huge loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

not a chance IMHO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I think part of the backfield problem was the lack of another Heath Evans. Evans could block and catch out of the backfield and the lack of a fullback, along with the pass first think about running someday philosophy really hurt.

I'd like to see both Faulk and Taylor back and look to bring in or develope a fullback. BJGE isn't the answer to that position. I'd trade Maroney while he has some value.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

He will retire a Patriot when he's ready to retire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't think so. This is almost like a Troy Brown situation. He strikes me as the type of guy that would play for a little less just to stay here and the Pats like those guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

It would surprise a colts fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It would shock Patriots fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

actually, he's the only rb that fits. imo morris, taylor and maroney are odd men out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I like SeattlePat70's thinking.  Taylor's health is unreliable, Morris' health is unreliable, Brian Westbrook's health is unreliable, and Maroney is just unreliable.

In addition to fitting his role very nicely and being content to do so instead of complaining and asking to do something else, Faulk brings LEADERSHIP to the table.

I'd be pretty disappointed to see Faulk go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

If Faulk is let go, hopefully, he will "hang around" until called upon when the need arises. Would be nice to find another all-around back before letting him go. Westbrook would fit that mold.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Faulk will be back.  At his age, he's not going to be a big money guy, but he brings a lot to the team. He'd be a great third-down back on most teams, but on the Pats he's an every-down kind of guy because O'Brien apparently only knows how to call third-down plays.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No way, no how Faulk is the odd man out. Given what Brady said about leadership issues on the team, Faulk is one of the last guys on this team that still links us to the greatness of the past, and the Patriots way. Losing him, would be just as bad as losing Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, etc. He still has some gas left in the tank, and combine that with his leadership, he is much too valuable to lose.

Odd man or men out should be Taylor and Maroney. I really hope the Pats upgrade this position significantly in the offseason. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Faulk leaving New England is heresy.  The guy is the latest in a short list of Pats lifers that should be here until retirement. 

Bruschi
    Brown
    Faulk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I cannot as I'm sure anyone else could picture Kevin Faulk in another uniform.  He's been here so long and has been such a key performer for years and he showed this year he can still do it.

I don't know if it was me but he looked faster this year than in other years.  He's a key guy and I would take him over Bush any day.  Unlike Bush Faulk can run between the tackles.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Faulk will be back... he will retire a Patriot he is the most valuable person on this offense other then Brady due to he speaks and the team listens. He is also still one of the best in the NFL at what he does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

KF was one of the only few Bright spots about this NE team this year.  Like carawaydj said....Until someone else proves they are better than Faulk at what he does for us, we need to keep him.

That says it all for me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

I met Kevin in the parking lot after the last home game..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I wanted to add to my previous post after more thought... I still say Faulk gets a new deal and I think Maroney plays out his contract (2010 it ends) so you might get something from him he will be playing for a new deal, and Taylor needs to be here as a change of pace and backup. But they must I repeat MUST go get a top RB threat in the draft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

no way does he leave. Faulk is one of Real Patriots.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I actually think he uses what the O-line gives him better than any other back on the team, which was reflected by his yards-per-carry average. I love the way he makes his initial cut and then follows through- great vision

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I love Faulk, but I hope they get Leon Washington, which would also weaken the Jets at the same time.