Is Kraft spending enough money?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

Is Kraft spending enough money?

As a long time Patriots fan, I would be interested to get the opinions of other Pats fans.  I was really angry with the Pats not making any moves before the trading deadline and getting rid of Seymour.  Is Kraft trying to go cheap since he already has Patriots fans money.  Seems to me he's trying to cut cost and give us fans a fast food version of the Pats this season.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pimpka. Show pimpka's posts

Re: Is Kraft spending enough money?

The pats spend at or near the cap each year.  If you want them to spend more renegotiate the CBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

They are 4-2. There is a salary cap. Answer me this. What move would you have liked them to make?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

In Response to Re: Is Kraft spending enough money?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Is Kraft spending enough money? : I guess kraft should have been listening to you instead of the coach that got him three superbowl rings.
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

bbrules is right, we should all erase any independant thoughts or ideas we have and never question the powers that be, in fact why have discussion boards, we should just treat this like an internet pep rally. If kraft and belichick payed me milions i might shut up and drink the kool-aide, but they dont, in fact WE pay them... i love the pats and "BB" and kraft and wouldnt want anybody else in charge but ill question where i see fit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Is Kraft spending enough money?:
    [QUOTE]As a long time Patriots fan, I would be interested to get the opinions of other Pats fans.  I was really angry with the Pats not making any moves before the trading deadline and getting rid of Seymour.  Is Kraft trying to go cheap since he already has Patriots fans money.  Seems to me he's trying to cut cost and give us fans a fast food version of the Pats this season. Thoughts?
    Posted by payingfan[/QUOTE]

Now, this post looks like it could be from our New York brother's trying to stir the pot of dissension.  I politely decline from commenting on this post and would respectfully request that the fans of N.E. do the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

I didn't do cartwheels on the Seymour trade but it was in the best long
    term interest of the Patriots.  The Patriots may do the same thing with
    Mankins and Wilfork.  Players like Brace, Pryor, Richard, Bussey, Vollmer,
    Bussey, and Ohrnberger were drafted to fill holes in the roster after

It is difficult for the Patriots to plan until they find out if a new CBA is
    in place.  If not and it is an uncapped year, Alexander, Gostkowski, Mankins,  and  Woods are restricted free agents and can be re-signed for much  
    less than a franchise player or an unrestricted free agent. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

[QUOTE]As a long time Patriots fan, I would be interested to get the opinions of other Pats fans.  I was really angry with the Pats not making any moves before the trading deadline and getting rid of Seymour.  Is Kraft trying to go cheap since he already has Patriots fans money.  Seems to me he's trying to cut cost and give us fans a fast food version of the Pats this season. Thoughts?

i think the spending is fine, krafts not known to be cheap, and if you look at all the money he's put into this franchise outside of personnel salaries, it shows he's a real fan and first class all the way. besides since the parcells era i think he's learned to let Belichick shop for the groceries. all the personnel moves are up to bill and he tries to keep the pats fiscally stable for yrs to come. there are few trades of significance in the NFL as opposed to the MLB so not much he could have done there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

This isn't baseball, where you can just add as much payroll as you want.  There is a salary cap.  And the Patriots are right around the cap every year.  Belichick makes the trade decisions, not Kraft, and they couldn't have picked up an expensive player even if they wanted to.  Kraft is the opposite of cheap.  He could have built a stadium with about 20,000 more seats for the same price, yet chose fan comfort over extra income.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

quit your bitching

its not about spending, its about winning. . . and that is going strong. . . you want Kraft to turn into Al Davis?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Given the constraints of the CBA and the salary cap, the Pats do quite well.  Besides, if there is no wiggle room in the cap, how would you expect the team to make a play for any mid-season acquisitions?  On one hand, you'd be thrilled they spent to the cap, on the other hand, you'd be pi**ed they had no room for a quality player who wants to come to the Pats.  Can't have it both ways.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Bob Kraft has NEVER shown anything but a willingness to do what needs to be done.  He said years ago that the Drew Bledsoe contract was a mistake by him in letting his feelings get in front of his business, and that he would stay out of such things in the future.  Bill does what he wants.  The 3 superbowls are an indicator that he knows what he is doing.  I remember being distraught after Lawyer Milloy left, and getting blown out by the Bills, only to end that season with a Trophy, not to mention a perfect reversal on the Bills.  Whatever it is, he is managing in LONG TERM.  If he wasnt, we wouldnt be talking about competing right now, we would be recovering from overspending other years.  I'm backing Bill, weather I understand his thinking or I don't.  He has been right too often.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Mr. Kraft is hardly cheap. The salary cap is 100% utilized every year since he has taken over the reins. Letting Seymour go for a first round pick, was probably as good as they were going to get. Big Sey is a tough negotiator, more power to him. His upcoming salary demands, were probably more than the Patriots were willing to go, a lot more. At age 30 next year, how many years at the top level does he have? It's always a gamble, but I think it was worth taking.

They now have the prospect of getting a high number one in 2011, it is unlikely that the Raiders will finish very high in the standings.Possible yes, but highly unlikely. Either way the Pats have an elite player in the future, Nobody gets something for nothing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I would estimate Kraft spends more than the majority of other owners.  They would still have Seymour among others if they weren't so close to the cap limit - that's the issue.

I remember last year when the Pats made two West Coast trips, they essentially moved their entire operations out to the West Coast.  That is not cheap.  They need hotels, they need a facility to practice in and they need to have meals and everything else provided for them.  That's an example of an owner putting the team in front of his bottom line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Krafts and by exetension Belichick will have two major deals (more likely five or six ) to contend with next year, it was discussed on early 2009 draft thread that the Pats would have to pay Seymour, Wilfork and Mankins next year and that the could not afford all three contracts. When the time comes Seymour will, as a top 3-4 DE, will get the most money of the three and would likely be gone as a free agent to some team that wasn't Patriots for huge money...getting a 1st for what basically amounts to a one year rent-a- player for the Raiders (unless the franchise him= MORE MONEY for Al Davis to burn), is just plain smart. That 1st will likely be in the top ten in 2011 and not far in terms of position to where the Pats drafted Seymour in 2001 (6th overall). Great value for a player that would've bolted the next year. It hurts the Pats short term (they have depth on the D Line), but benefits them two years from now.

Kraft has to abide by the same rules and cap restrictions that govern every other team, therefore, the only time it makes sense to ask the aforementioned question is when and if there is an uncapped year......or when the team is underperforming (not enough bang for the buck cf: San Diago).

For the record, baseball is a joke. Everyone likes to point out teams like the Rays or Twins(small payroll and still win), but the only teams that contend year after year are the teams that spend the most money. I like the Sox as much as anyone, but if you think they will win anything with sub- 100 million payroll you are seriously deluded. It's not fair, but that's the system baseball has in place.  Rant ended.....Sorry about that folks....

Milloy, Washington, Seymour....BB makes the tough decisions...they are often difficult for the win-NOW mentality of fans who know less about football, however, he has the best interests of the franchise at heart nearly all the time. He has the rings and I will always give him the benefit of the doubt.

Only a troll with current posting privilages would ask that question.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let's see the Pats are always at the cap or close enough to say they are.
    They have let many players and coaches go over the years that we fans moaned and groaned about losing and I can not think of one that has had both the individual and team success they have had here. NOT ONE.............

Then the Pats have always seem to have brought in the right guys to fill the needs of the TEAM.
    The team has won the SB thrice should be 4      and if not for the fluke of being in the wrong division last year they should have been in the playoffs over the Chargers at 8-8.

Yes sir the Krafts don't do nearly enough to keep this team on top. Yes sir some one else should own this team so they will spend more.
    Oh wait a minute they can't spend more than they already do and they seem to do quite well even with all the comings and goings of players as well as coaches.

So ask yourself this question if you were told the ONLY consistent/connected parts of the past 9 years would be the Krafts and BB would you have believed they'd still be at the top of the NFL?

Nope Krafts don't do enough not at all
    BTW that is sarcasm.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

You're absolutly right. If those cheap Krafts would just spend more than cap rules allow we might be the team with the most consecutive winning seasons in the NFL. Damn I wish the Sullivans were running the team again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I support the Krafts 100% and argued this point a month or so ago, but the truth is they haven't spent fully to the cap in a while. This year they're somthing like $5 mil under. Reiss wrote something about this at the beginning of the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

The original poster pretends not to know the cap system and that the Pats routinely spend close to limit.  The leave a little wiggle room, in case they need to make changes.  They are widely considerd the best team at managoing the cap.

To prove that Kraft and BB are not "cheap", recall that in Seau's first year he broke his arm.  He had a $1 mil contract.  Half of that depended on him playing out the season, a bonus.  He played well and brought a lot of energy to the team.  Kraft, BB and Paoli elected to pay the $500K bonus anyway.  This is one big reason why Seau will only play for the Pats.  Most teams would not have done this.

Considering this poster just signed up today, I am considering him or her a troll, trying to stir the pot.  Failed. We are not fooled one bit.  I swear, I see more trolls at Pats' team sites (and that is what this is) than at the other teams' sites.  I guess it is driven by envy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Is Kraft spending enough money?:
    [QUOTE]I support the Krafts 100% and argued this point a month or so ago, but the truth is they haven't spent fully to the cap in a while. This year they're somthing like $5 mil under. Reiss wrote something about this at the beginning of the season.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]
    They leave space with the cap in order to be able to sign players during the season and have room to redo contracts. What is good of spend the whole cap if you get a rash of injuries and need to pick some one up?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

This team is at the CAP every year, and spend theri money wisely on salary. The Kraft family has made the franchise into one of leagues power houses, and built a beautiful stadium out of thei own pockets.  Until this family arrived this team was the laughing stock of the league because of their mismanagment and lack of funds. Thw stadium was also a joke. So spare me the less then subtle anti-Semitic
    B.S.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Are BBRules and BillsHoody the same person?

Because i find I frequently agree with myself... Maybe I should make a user name called Logic, Reason, or Sensibility and have it echo my thoughts.

You can't argue with those lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Do  you think Kraft  buys locker room towels at Marshall's so he can save a few bucks? Call Kraft whatever you want, but don't call him cheap.... he has never shown a willingness to cut back on spending at the expense of the team's success. He's a smart and successful business man. While being the NFL's winningest team over the past 9 years, the Patriots have also become one of the most financially successful and valuable franchises. That is a remarkable achievement attributable to both Kraft and BB...remember the condition of this team when Kraft bought it? Even the Big Fat Tuna has grown to admire what Kraft has done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I'll play Mike Reiss for a second.  Whereas he is virtually the reporter version of Belichick, I would assume his response would go something like this:

"Bob Kraft is one of the most respective and active owner in the league.  He is constantly reinvesting in his product.  I don't see spending being an issue with him"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

[QUOTE]As a long time Patriots fan, I would be interested to get the opinions of other Pats fans.  I was really angry with the Pats not making any moves before the trading deadline and getting rid of Seymour.  Is Kraft trying to go cheap since he already has Patriots fans money.  Seems to me he's trying to cut cost and give us fans a fast food versation of the Pats this season. Thoughts?

I agree, the Krafts are cheap SOB. They should have built a 200,000 seat stadium with their out of pocket $$$ so that people like you, a real Pats fan, wouldn't have anything to cry about. The Krafts live to spend their money on the team so that people can enjoy themselves as much as they do. Making the Patriots what they are today has nothing to do with money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This isn't baseball, people! The NFL has a cap, the Patriots were only 22 mill over the cap in the offseason, they still managed to get Bodden, Springs, McGowan, Taylor, and Baker.