Is MacDaniels to blame for our Offensive Ineptness?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Is MacDaniels to blame for our Offensive Ineptness?

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where are all the Billy O'Brien haters now?? LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

becasue obrian is bad has no bearing how good or bad josh is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Although several plays were questionable.....how can you not blame most of the offensive problems on the OL?? I don't care how many talented weapons we have, and how good a play you have called, if you are getting dominated in the trenches, you are going to lose. This is not rocket science.

[/QUOTE]

the offensive line didnt call a long drive uising up most of the remaining time in the game when we needed 2 touchdowns. this is only one of many faulty decisionmaking choices, which i chose because most anyone can see it if it's brought up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

IT'S ONLY FREAKING SEPTEMBER PEOPLE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

[QUOTE]

the offensive line didnt call a long drive uising up most of the remaining time in the game when we needed 2 touchdowns. this is only one of many faulty decisionmaking choices, which i chose because most anyone can see it if it's brought up.

[/QUOTE]

What the heck are you talking about here dude?  New England didn't run out of time against Arizona.  They didn't convert the 2 pt conversion that would have tied the game and when they scored they hadn't even reached the 2 minute warning.  Their scoring drives in the 4th quarter took less than 5 minutes combined.  The longest drive they had in the 2nd half was in the 3rd quarter and it was when they were only down by 1 score.  The drive you are referring to as a bad decision doesn't even exist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McDaniels certainly did not pan out as a head coach that is for sure. He started in Denver 6-0 and went 5-17 in his next 22 before getting fired. He also is, as some other people have pointed out, the guy who thought Tim Tebow was worth a first round draft pick.

As a coordinator, he had one amazing year here (2007) and one very surprising year (2008 with Cassell in for Brady). However, last year, the Rams had the worst offense in the NFL (last in points, 31st in yards). 

I think it is too early to make the call on how good he real is. He definitely has weapons with this team, but the season will tell us if he can make the most of them or not.

[/QUOTE]

its not too early to know he/bb botched the cards game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is to blame after week 2, but if they hang 34 on Baltimore he'll be a genius again, at least until the next loss. 

[/QUOTE]

coaches are capable of learning from experience just like anyone else

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think too much credit is given to offensive coordinators when they have a lot of talent to play with. Show me a guy that can move the ball and score points with a below average QB and running game and then I'll be impressed. There have been some guys that I've really liked over the years...Mike Shanahan, Vermeil, Mike Martz, Ernie Zampese...out of those four I'd say Shanahan and Vermeil could do the most with less.

A guy like McDanials got a head coaching job because of Brady and Belichick - he got a second chance as a coordinator because he didn't burn his bridges here and it wouldn't be a change in the offense.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I will take him over bill obrien any day. IMO a lot of the offense problems has been due to lack of execution, mistakes. the o-line isn't playing well or giving brady much time, guys have been dropping passes, and some of the penalties like we saw last week. 

The tennessee game they looked good on offense, well balanced. I'd give mcdaniels a little more time here before calling it a failure. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In response to PetesCall's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's one for three in 3 games since returning, including the Superbowl. I remember last February thinking that he had a lousy game-plan for the Giants. I felt the sale way last Sunday with Arizona. What do you think?

[/QUOTE]

STOP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He's trying to do some different things with the offense and I give him credit for that.  If the O line had played better and the receivers had made a few more catches early, the game could have turned out better. However, it shouldn't escape notice that the one thing that did work well in the game Sunday was the hurry-up spread-formation drives at the end of the fourth quarter. Those looked a lot like last year's drives.  The new approach that McDaniels is trying to introduce may eventually produce better results, but for now it looks like Bill O'Brien's offense is still more productive. It may be simply because this team is still more practiced in that spread style of offense than they are in the newer tighter formation looks that McDaniels is not trying to utilize.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I an say this,a few drives were moving and got bogged down by some questionable slow developing plays

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

I'd give Josh a break Based on a great first game of Team execution. He knows the O'line is in flux and he did a good job that first game calling plays. This recent loss is where he had to adjust because of Herns injury. The three TE formation was then inept. Josh used at least 5 Flat passes to Edelman and Lloyd which gained nothing. Bonk! Going back to using Welker in the slot where Brady can get rid of the ball quickly would have been my fans choice. That didn't happen.

Why 4 Pats players now have come out and said there was a bad week of preparation amazes me. Highly unusual for a Pats Player to volunteer that info only issued by coaches. Perplexing situation here but there was some poor execution all around. It's because of poor execution on the O that prevented a sure win after the D came up big. Right before the Woody TD , Brady put it right into Gronks numbers and he drops it even though double covered. That was game over. Great late game comeback like the old days and everyone is happy.

I suppose you can blame Josh for some bad play calling in certain situations but not the execution.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I still think the offense is a work in progress and we haven't seen the real O yet.

Ofcourse losing Hernandez changes things too.

Let's face it the Pats hurt themselves in the Ariz. game too often.

An int. due to a tipped pass, blocked punt ( credit to the Cards D and ST's) but could have been avoided by better Patriots play.

Dropped passes by the Pats receivers, again bad play.  Penalties at bad times.

Can't blame McD.

Did he make some questionable calls?  Yeah, but as the season goes on, more plays will be added and the Offense's identity will come more into focus. 

I just want more diversity and better execution.  Sometimes that's all it takes.  No tricks. 

Sometimes it's not all about keeping the defense always guessing.

Tough teams that want to run the ball make no bones about it.  They let you know that's what they're gonna do and challenge you to stop them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Every play that is called is called expecting it to succeed.  Are you implying McDaniels is calling plays he "knows" may not succeed?  Highly doubt it.  Any blame for a play that doesn't work can be placed on the offense for not executing properly or the defense simply did a better job defending the play.  McDaniels can be held for that !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^^^  I meant McDaniels CAN'T be held accountable for that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Right.

Give the other team's defense some credit.  Sometimes they will make plays.  After all, they're professionals too.

I'm sure there will be some plays thrown out of the playbook and some will be added as the season goes on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ Salcon, so right!  It seems some folks here think all the Pats have to do is show up and the other team lays it down.  Just like we want the Pats to defend the other offense successfully, that team's defense also wants to defend the Pats offense successfully.  It goes both ways.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yes

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Not this again.  The two TEs fit in pretty well.  Who cares if they aren't WR.  Heck they catch more passes than a lot of WR do.  Furthermore if this was on Brady where are all the guys that left NE that went out to be productive players?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In addition you realize the Patriots haven't exactly spent a ton of draft choices on receivers right?  The last time they spent a 2nd round pick or higher on a WR was Chad Freaking Jackson.  Since then they've brought in Price and Tate who were both 3rd round picks and haven't done much of anything since they left.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'd much rather see and offense using creativity and multiple looks in September as a means to win in February, then an offense that can only do one thing well all year, and get shut down in February. Just my opinion. Have fun burning McD in effigy after week 2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Their problems appear to be O line related primarily. I think their were strange strategic decisiones last sunday by the coaches but even when they were winning super bowls Bill made some goofy moves (remember the one defensive lineman/defensive back in the Eagles super bowl which nearly cost them late). If they can improve the line play they will return to being one of the best offenses in the NFL.