Is McDaniels just buying himself an EXCUSE by unnecessarily benching MARSHALL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

Is McDaniels just buying himself an EXCUSE by unnecessarily benching MARSHALL?

in the beginning of his tenure, i started a thread here that got instantly censored and banned by the communist moderators at the time about idiot josh trying to be another bill wanna be in the tradition of the mangidiot! i actually came around as the team came together and even beat our butts right there in good old denver. now, with the pressure josh seems to be reverting back to form. on what basis can he seriously justify suspending marshall this early? it is clear the guy had some hammy issues. he is going to his second consecutive pro bowl, also is a free agent if i am not mistaken. this is the kind of decision that can not only tick off a fan base but those in upper management (your bosses) and elsewhere. it just wreaks of arrogance and ignorance to me. its friday, he could not use discretion and wait til around sunday morning before announcing it or getting more facts. if i am marshall, i am so done with denver and idiot josh! josh looks like the bad guy here and now. what kind of message does that send to your locker rrom? in the midst of the biggest game of the year, you unnecessarily throw in the towel because of ego issues? i bet they side with marshall and it would not shock me if they get beat down by KC! josh simply does not have the GRAVITAS to pull this kind of stuff off. it looks like desperation and he seeking to find a convenient fall guy and perhaps diminish the guy's value on the open market!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

Re: Is McDaniels just buying himself an EXCUSE by unnecessarily benching MARSHALL?

Have we started the " Let's trade for Brandon Marshall " thread yet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Re: Is McDaniels just buying himself an EXCUSE by unnecessarily benching MARSHALL?

NOTE ( I have zero "inside info " ...the following is just my gut feeling on the latest McDaniels / Marshall fued )

Brandon Marshall is an immensely talented but immature guy who let his contract status eat at him . When thngs were going well ( 6 -0 ) he was able to put it out of his mind and just "do his job "  , but when things went south ( 2-7 since their first loss ) he let his uglier / selfish side take over . 
      My guess is he may have been spoutin' off with something like a :
     "My hammy hurts and I may not be able to go Sunday in our must-win game ...I've got to think about my NFL future should I happen to play with this injury and it leads to a chronic issue ...Oh wo is me  , If only I had a new contract already in place , then I definitely wouldn't let this stop me " .
      McDaniels hand was then forced into either coddlin' him or making a command decision.
    He chose to lead.

ps - I understand why other Pats fans turned on McDaniels after our loss in Denver and the infamous "fist pump " .
      Personally I didnt have a problem with it ( I did however have a major problem with our new play-callers O'Briens 2nd half gameplan )McDaniels just got caught up in the emotion of beating his ex headcoach / team .
     Remember , up until that game , even though Denver was 2- 0 NOBODY gave his team a chnace of beating the Pats ( and coupled with the whole Cutler debacle and the subsequent falling out with bronco fans he endured before ever coaching a game ...He deserved to celebrate any way he wanted )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Bubba,

you be graspin' at straws!

BTW if Josh is such an idiot, why is he coaching tomorrow and you are posting here?

Capt,

couldn't agree with you more!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Last time I checked, you do not cure cancer by being nice to it.

McDaniels can see the future, and the future in Denver lacks Brandon Marshall.

So, essentially, McDaniels is saying, "The future is now."

The guy left no doubt that it's his team when he jettisoned the crybaby, Cutler and, if I remember correctly, put Marshall on notice as well. The guy who said winning masked a lot of the disgruntledness (clearly not a word) is spot on. Marshall is one of those guys (like TO used to be) where you have to weigh what he brings to the team against the baggage he carries. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

No.  I think, like other receivers, that this guy is a DIVA. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Chief, the other players are behind it. 

Marshall, in commenting, minimized his own injury. He started by saying he had pulled his hamstring then corrected himself because it isn't medically a pull. 

As well, McDaniels even indicates that it was a team decision in his comments.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

He wants the better draft pick he gets if he misses the playoffs. A win win for him he gets to bench a guy who he will move in a predraft trade and likely get a pick or two for him and gets a higher pick for missing the playoffs.