Is parrity here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Is parrity here?

Look a the standings today...

In the AFC, only TWO teams are above .500!!!!

In the NFC, 7 teams are above .500!!

Is parrity here in the AFC?  Who would have thought the AFC East would all be 3 - 3 after 6 games?  That Pittsburgh, Detroit and New Orleans would all be sub .500!!  Arizona and Seattle tied a the top of the NFC West with the 49'ers!!!  Chicago and Minnesota above the Packers in the NFC North??!!  Many figured the Pats only loss, possibly, at this juncture of the season would be to the Ravens.  Well, I think most of us guessed wrong given their toughtest part of their schedule has yet to come.  As things stand now, can we count on anything other than the Pats secondary giving up chunks of passing yardage week in and week out?  Is parrity here so far?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Is parrity here?

Oh my, yes.

No question about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I think what it boils down to is that the AFC is not deep at all and the NFC is really deep.

You can always cherry pick games to make a point but I think it is very telling that the 3 best teams in the AFC (HOU, NE, Balt) went 1-2 against NFC teams that are currently in the middle of the pack, and really Baltimore did everything they could to lose that game to Dallas. 

You get past the top 5 teams in the AFC, (HOU, NE, Balt, Pitt, Den) and there is not much quality left.  Chargers? Jets? Bengals? 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Use to be a time where we would beat up the NFC  and it wouldnt even be a contest.... Ahhh yes, the good ol' days..

[/QUOTE]

Yup, it goes in waves for sure.  From 85-95 it was the Bears, the NFC East and the 49ers. Then the AFC had the better of it for 10 years or so, now the NFC is back in charge.

Before the season not many people would have predicted the Pats would need to beat the 49ers to have a shot at a .500 record vs. the NFC West.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4Koolaid. Show Inokea4Koolaid's posts

probably. Or, maybe the everything has become old and stale in New England. Should the Patriots be 3-3, does it reflect the teams ability/potential - or is the new reality going forward until the next Brady arrives; if ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to Inokea4Koolaid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

probably. Or, maybe the everything has become old and stale in New England. Should the Patriots be 3-3, does it reflect the teams ability/potential - or is the new reality going forward until the next Brady arrives; if ever.

[/QUOTE]

The Arizona loss was bad but close losses @ SEA and @ Balt are really not bad losses.  This team could easily be 5-1 or 6-0. 

Look at the remaining schedule, there are 2 tough teams (HOU and SF) and those are both @ home.  The rest of it is against NYJ, MIA, BUF, STL, INDY, and JAX.  This team is going to win 11+ games and easily win the division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

The Packers lost a close one in Seattle just like the Pats.  Then the Packers went into Houston and  smoked the Texans.  

The Colts beat the Packers at Indy. Then the Colts got smoked by the Jets who had been previously beaten pretty badly by the Texans.  

The Bills got smoked by the 49rs and then went on to Arizona to beat the Cardinals.

Parrity?  Yes!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Packers lost a close one in Seattle just like the Pats.  Then the Packers went into Houston and  smoked the Texans.  

The Colts beat the Packers at Indy. Then the Colts got smoked by the Jets who had been previously beaten pretty badly by the Texans.  

The Bills got smoked by the 49rs and then went on to Arizona to beat the Cardinals.

Parrity?  Yes!

[/QUOTE]

The NFL has been striving for parity for years now.  It drives the monster money machine.  Keeps the fans for other teams interested. While it can't help the stupidity of certain organziations, it certainly can influence it. Interest=money in the pocket of the NFL and the owners.  Parity=money. Simple equation especally when you see that it took till week 4 to get the real refs back, and by that time enough damage had been done.  The NFL saw an opportunity, and took it.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I really don't see the parrity others do, especially in the AFC.  At least not in regards to there being a lot of teams who could actualy contend.

KC, JAX, CLE, OAK, MIA, BUFF, TEN, INDY..... That is 8 teams, half the conference, who I'd bet no one thinks has a prayer of winning a play-off game.  And of those teams, really only a couple, INDY, maybe MIA, Maybe TEN, has much reason for optimism right now.

That doesn't include, NYJ, Cinci, SD, who might sneak into a wild card but no one thinks would actually make any noise in the post-season.  So really, there are 5/16 teams in the discussion.

I just don't see parrity in having a massive pack of mediocre at best teams, and a few teams who are clear cut above that pack.

The NFC is a different story. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really don't see the parrity others do, especially in the AFC.  At least not in regards to there being a lot of teams who could actualy contend.

KC, JAX, CLE, OAK, MIA, BUFF, TEN, INDY..... That is 8 teams, half the conference, who I'd bet no one thinks has a prayer of winning a play-off game.  And of those teams, really only a couple, INDY, maybe MIA, Maybe TEN, has much reason for optimism right now.

That doesn't include, NYJ, Cinci, SD, who might sneak into a wild card but no one thinks would actually make any noise in the post-season.  So really, there are 5/16 teams in the discussion.

I just don't see parrity in having a massive pack of mediocre at best teams, and a few teams who are clear cut above that pack.

The NFC is a different story. 

[/QUOTE]

That's an excellent point as far as who is there at the end.  But as far as "any given Sunday" goes during the regular season, Parrity is here.  

Last year the NY Giants were one game from having a 500 Season yet unfortunately for us they won the SB.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Mostly the AFC sucks this year. I would say maybe at best three of the top ten teams in the league are in the AFC (Pats, Ravens, Texans). Not even sure who would be next maybe Broncos or the 2-3 Steelers?

Not only that but the worst five teams in my opinion, Jax, Raiders, Chiefs, Browns and Titans are all in the AFC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's an excellent point as far as who is there at the end.  But as far as "any given Sunday" goes during the regular season, Parrity is here.  

Last year the NY Giants were one game from having a 500 Season yet unfortunately for us they won the SB.   

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that there is more week to week parrity now than in the past, but to me the biggest difference is the ability that teams seem to now have to improve greatly from season to season.  I think that type of year to year mobility is what the NFL really craves. 

Fair point on the Giants last year but again, I see the NFC as very different than the AFC.  I don't think last year's Giants are 9-7 team in the AFC East.