Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads.

hey Guy's
    I'm all for free speach and all that. I never used the Ignore feature. But I'm going to fire it up. it' has gone way past personal opinions and general flaming. Some DB actually started a Poll thread to se if BB should be in the dog house for not going after Vick.. Game over you losers.. I'm going full bore with the ignore. Just wish I could ingnore entire threads..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Re: Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads.

I think we should be able to block entire threads.  The experience wd then be so much more pleasureable or at least tolerable. 

This said, I wd block more on the Red Sox and Celtic boards than I wd here.  It seems to be more adult here---at least by a few degrees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

In Response to Re: Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads. : justme, will your 3 kids (i assume) b able to just press "ignore" to everything they hate in life or any nonviolent opinion to have to reas, browse through or hear. i dont like your thread. would it b best for u and the rest of this board if i could ignore your little dumb thread (in my opinion of course) and ruin everyone else's freedom to choose? its time to grow up there.  i had the choice to ignore u as i did yesterday. but today i have CHOSEN to respond just as u have to others' threads u may not like. problem with censorship advocates like u is that u obnoxiously presume for all that YOUR views are what everyone really needs or wants to read. its a free market of ideas. deal with it! judging by the responses to some of the posts u seem to hate, the marketplace has an interest. if they were stocks or products, those owners would be in the black. deal with it!
    Posted by communistmoderator[/QUOTE]

good then I want to reply to yours..............YOU obnoxiously PRESUME everybody wants to read your silly negative polls and posts. Marketplace has interest? They do......from wherever you come from and from whatever team YOU FOLLOW. You obviously don't follow this one or your posts wouldn't always be negative or a subtle "slam" at a particular player or coach. So you either DON'T support this team or you are here just to instigate........which is it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Petition BDC to do something about it:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091Discussion%3acf51a735-13e4-47a6-a8aa-2b62b7258bd6&plckCurrentPage=1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The old setup let you ignore entire threads. Too bad they didn't include this on the new one (although I did submit my concerns on the thread you linked...not only about the trolls, but a couple other issues).

Commie, while you may have the right of free speech (although that is questionable here, as this is a privately owned website), the rest of the world also has the right to "walk away" and not listen to it. If you are truly only trying to have a discussion about the subjects you post, you would not mind. Those of us who consider you a moron could ignore the thread, and only those who wish to discuss it with you would be responding. This would cut down on the "abuse" you claim to be suffering, as the rest of us would be elsewhwere discussing things we think worthy of discussion. This is not censorship, because your irrelevant rants would still be there for those who wish to engage you. But those of us who have no interest in second grade gibberish would not have to scroll past these threads we do not wish to read or reply to. What you really want is to be "Big Brother", where you are on a screen in every room that no one can turn off!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I want a board where the reliable old-timers vote for certain threads, where people who keep getting thrown off (and by extension newbies) get little or no voting power because they're untrustworthy, and then the low-rated junk threads drop towards the bottom of the 500 page list.  The high-rated threads are on top.  Is this too hard to implement?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads.:
    [QUOTE]hey Guy's I'm all for free speach and all that. I never used the Ignore feature. But I'm going to fire it up. it' has gone way past personal opinions and general flaming. Some DB actually started a Poll thread to se if BB should be in the dog house for not going after Vick.. Game over you losers.. I'm going full bore with the ignore. Just wish I could ingnore entire threads..
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

Before the Globsters brought in this "new and improved" system, you could ignore entire threads. It was an outstanding feature, as it allowed the individuual poster to personally "clean up" the forum...ignoring the ridiculous, troll spawn threads.

On several occasions, I have e-mailed the Globsters, requesting that they add that feature to the new system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads. :      Before the Globsters brought in this "new and improved" system, you could ignore entire threads. It was an outstanding feature, as it allowed the individuual poster to personally "clean up" the forum...ignoring the ridiculous, troll spawn threads.      On several occasions, I have e-mailed the Globsters, requesting that they add that feature to the new system.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Hey guys(and girls) I just recently became active on the forum again. Living in South Florida it is great for me to get the chance to talk to real fans about our teams. I'm glad you guys brought up this entire thread ignore issue because it is a thorn in my side to sift through meaningless jargon posted by people who obviously have little going on in there lives. Time is a precious thing in life and I don't appreciate mine being wasted by a guy like commie reg whatever his name is and the rest of them. I will email the Globe as well and petition them. Thanks for the post and the info.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

I really think it would help if we could also add a flagging option where 3-4 users could flag a post they thought was offensive, abusive, or useless, and it would automatically be removed.

I have emailed the BDC moderator about this but she has not responded to it.

If more people emailed her asking for this, I'm sure we would see some results, so PLEASE post on her thread!

Forums  »  Misc. Musings  »  Talk to BDC

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from communistmoderator. Show communistmoderator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads. : good then I want to reply to yours..............YOU obnoxiously PRESUME everybody wants to read your silly negative polls and posts. Marketplace has interest? They do......from wherever you come from and from whatever team YOU FOLLOW. You obviously don't follow this one or your posts wouldn't always be negative or a subtle "slam" at a particular player or coach. So you either DON'T support this team or you are here just to instigate........which is it?
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

first of, thank you for reading and bluntly responding. i am here to respectfully engage, not necessarily to find like minded dittoheads. I AM A PATRIOTS FAN, I AM A PATRIOTS FAN. have been since late 1986. through the bad times and the good times, i have been a fan! i just happen to enjoy going beyond the boring and obvious BRADY GOOD BELICHICK GREAT oversimplifications. no man is perfect. to fully appreciate belichick, u must study and accept the areas where he is flawed, in addition to the obvious areas where he is great. 

i m all negative? did u conveniently escape the thread i initiated that promotes the minority position that Tedy Bruschi belongs in the National Hall of Fame, along with facts as to y? have u ignored where i stated that brady is the BEST QB in football today and in my opinion.... IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL? Did u not read where i have said over and over that Belichick right now is the greatest football mind in the history of the game for all that he does? and that he is the BEST coach around today?! I just happen to be balanced. i can be both a homer kool aid drinker while being able to step away from the kool aid and question belichick's poor draftpickg record as of late. i also started a thread bluntly stating that "bruschi will not be on the openg day roster!" he and troy brown are my 2 faves all time, but i could get my head out of the sand long enough to objectively see that he (tedy) lost a few steps and had not made an impact solo play in a couple of years. 

how does this NOT make me a true fan? i just question things that some may or may not want questioned. u and others may choose not to, but that does not make me any less of a fan and less worthy of this board.. yeah, i want the pats to go 16-0 and this time win the super bowl. would we have helped our chances by having a stumbling and bumbling, failing and flailing tedy bruschi? i say NOT. because i m a real fan and care so much about the team, i do not want sentiments dictating we sacrifice having the absolute best players on the team and the absolute best program in all of sports!

as a heads up, my next initiative thread will involve me asking if gisele is a potential trojan horse, due to some alarming trends and "softening" influences
    i have observed her having on brady. does that mean i m just being inflammatoty and not a fan? no... i will check under the skirt of everything in my power, to make sure nothing and noone gets in the way of this team WINNING its super bowl!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from communistmoderator. Show communistmoderator's posts

[QUOTE]Petition BDC to do something about it: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10091Discussion%3acf51a735-13e4-47a6-a8aa-2b62b7258bd6&plckCurrentPage=1
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE] THANKS! i will make sure to present the other side to them too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from communistmoderator. Show communistmoderator's posts

[QUOTE]I want a board where the reliable old-timers vote for certain threads, where people who keep getting thrown off (and by extension newbies) get little or no voting power because they're untrustworthy, and then the low-rated junk threads drop towards the bottom of the 500 page list.  The high-rated threads are on top.  Is this too hard to implement?
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE] yep, just what we need. more old fogeys monopolizg and censoring the great majority interested in a free exchange of patriot-football ideas. yep, "no voting power because they're untrustworthy...".  u presumptuously think very highly of yourself and judgment. the marketplace should decide. the threads that actually get read and responded to should b up top. believe me, there is no great demand for more BRADY GOOD BELICHICK GREAT homer pom pom kool aid tediousness. the great majority want to read true pats fans who can also step outside of the kool aid choir to think with some objectivity!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The best way I've found to ignore entire threads is not to open them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

In Response to Is there a way to Ignore/Delete entire threads.:
    [QUOTE]hey Guy's I'm all for free speach and all that. I never used the Ignore feature. But I'm going to fire it up. it' has gone way past personal opinions and general flaming. Some DB actually started a Poll thread to se if BB should be in the dog house for not going after Vick.. Game over you losers.. I'm going full bore with the ignore. Just wish I could ingnore entire threads..
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE] the post clearly reads: 

Should Belichick be taken to the woodshed for his recent drafts, including the wasting of another THIRD rounder on O'connell? 

how do u read anything about VICK? that was a totally separate thread about NOT having a veteran or established backup in place before the season!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

This Commi guy is a real tool.. Everyone agrees that free speach must be maintained.. But he still feels the need to soapbox and and flame people.. If I read his drivel correctly. He believes that free speach means that everyone has to listen to what everyone else is saying.. Well Commi... the real meaning of free speach is a two way street.. That means you can hate and flame all you want but I don't have to listen.. If you have a problem with this, we can meet anywhere you like.. OHH and you be sure to bring your pen.. I'll have my sword thank you..  No need to respond... You have oficially been

"IGNORED"