Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?
posted at 4/30/2011 12:09 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?
[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : If they were a top 3 team, they wouldn't lose in the first round of the 2010 and 2009 playoffs. Enuf said.
Posted by Benkarkis[/QUOTE]
Losing in the playoffs happens. It is a disappointment but it happens. There have been some very very good times over the decades that have had some trouble in the playoffs. If they had never gone deep into the playoffs we might be thinking - and saying - BB just cant get it done except in the regular season. But that is not the case.
So... why do I say they are a top 3 team on the confrence:
1. they had the BEST record in the league (not just the conference) & did it with the TOUGHEST schedule not just of last year but of the last several years
2. They had one of the youngest Ds in the entire league and if there is a system that requires experience to excel in it is BBs defense
3. They beat essentially every good team in the league last year!!! Yes, you are absolutely right they lost the BIGGEST game of the year. Yes. True. But one game doesnt suddenly turn them into a 500 team or lessen their chances to win in 2011. If anything it adds incentive to a team much younger than we have been used to.
4. What "experts" think the Pats are not one of the top teams in the conference and the league at this point?
5. And so who is better? We lost to the Ravens in the playoff game 2 years ago. We beat them last year. Losing to them in the 2009 season playoff game didnt make the Pats a worse team than the Ravens in 2010. SO who is better... NO ONE I CAN SEE. Who is in the conversation: (a) Steelers, (b) Ravens. Someone could say Chargers and I wont argue. BUT THEY DIDNT EVEN make the playoffs. So are you going to say the Chargers? Someone might say the Jests. They beat us in the playoffs (like the Ravens did and the Pats beat them last year and had a better record than them last year). But they were a 10-6 team that needed a whole lotta luck in not 1, not 2 but 3.. or was it 4, games last year. They could truly have been 7-9 or 8-8 if not for last second mistsakes by some opponents. And the Jests look like they are getting worse. So someone might bring them up and I can understand why. But seriously... the lucky to be 10-6 and stumbling roster Jests? REAlly? really? reallLLY?
So who. Who do you think pushes the Pats out of the top tier of teams in the AFC? Or the league for that matter...