Is This The Same Darius Butler?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Re: Is This The Same Darius Butler?

In Response to Re: Is This The Same Darius Butler?:
    [QUOTE]Yes killa I name the obvious because no one will remember the names of other busts. So here we go I'll name a few other Resent 1st round BIG TIME Busts. Akili Smith Lawrence Phillips Cade McNown Reggie Rogers Art Schlichter Brian Bosworth Tony Mandarich Bruce Pickens There are many more misses then hits.  Just that no one remembers the misses. Many will try, few will succeed.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Not one person on your list is "recent" Mandarich in 89 Bos in 87 Pickins in 91 .......Thats 20 years man a long long way from recent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]Tcal, Killa is absolutely correct here.  While nobody can say with certainty either way what type of player Butler will be, the NFL is loaded with examples of players who were not very good 3 games into year 2.  I mean really, the NFL network could run a show on these guys every night for the entire season.  There's that many you can point to.  Debating that is like debating whether or not the earth spins.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I was trying to make a simple point to killa that calling everyone STUPID simply because an "expert" said Butler was a first round talent was foolish.  So I listed 1st round mega busts that the "experts" loved, to show "experts" don't know everything.

That expecting him (Butler) to develop by year 3 just because others, that he named, did is RETARDED.  What someone else has done in their career has no impact on how Butler will or won't develop.   Another foolish argument that has no bearing on the conversation.  Any sane person, yourself included should see this.  killa is the person who called me a moron over 3 years ago when on my first post ever to the board I said Hobbs Sucked......I guess he was wrong there. 

There are many more who don't pan out then actually do.  I hope I'm wrong and he turns into the greatest CB ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is This The Same Darius Butler? :   Not one person on your list is "recent" Mandarich in 89 Bos in 87 Pickins in 91 .......Thats 20 years man a long long way from recent
    Posted by Hannahman[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input.  I view "resent" as going back about 25 years.  I would guess you younger then me (45) so depending on your age that will set your field of view for what "resent" is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

There is a popular term called "sophomore slump" that's popular for a reason, not everyone encounters it but the talented ones play their way out of it more often than not.

A lot of players looked bad against the Bills, people tend to not focus on the trenches but that is where we lost the battle... Cunningham, Brace, Spikes and the rest all need to improve.  This D will be good by the end of the season...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

i hope this thread is still on the front burner because all you haters will get exposed too many pink hats on this forum. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

He knows he's not playing well, the coaches know.  This kid will be fine, he needs to regain his confidence.  He has the tools, lets not forget there's a safety that is not giving much support when he decides to freelance and get off assignment.

He will play himself back into a starting role.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]He knows he's not playing well, the coaches know.  This kid will be fine, he needs to regain his confidence.  He has the tools, lets not forget there's a safety that is not giving much support when he decides to freelance and get off assignment. He will play himself back into a starting role.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why he WONT play himself into a starting role.....ALL the teams they face will look to burn him every chance they get, and more than 75 per cent of the attempts will work in favor of the other team
    Butler is not just under pressure from the Patriot team, and himself, but every quaterback he faces and every receiver he has to cover. The no names have already torched him, wait until the others get him.
    Your pep talks are worthless, just like they were for Maroney. (thats for everyone that said give Maroney a chance)
    MVP you can call everyone stupid just like you normally do, who cares. Your pathetic coaching classes are a joke just as you are in here. Your comments are as lame as your so called knowledge of the game. You have NO CLUE about people or anything else for that matter. You nothing more than a 3rd string water boy hopeful, but I mean all of this in a nice way of course my friend

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

A year ago people were killing me for dogging the Pats draft when the got Brace , Chung and Butler. Instead I was screaming we pick up Matthews and (or) Maualuga/Laurinaitis ... I would have gone w/ Laurinaitis. Now LOVE Spikes and was hoping we would grab. But Mathhews and Laurinaitis would have been great in our system and we could have gone elsewhere this year instead of grabbing Spikes ... even though I love the guy.  Listen this is what Butler is , I believe Chung has a lot of potenial , but Butler is what he is. Just like L.M. was what he was and Watson and Jackson etc. Pats really have to do a better job. We could have had Jameel PHUCKIN Charles instead of Terrence Wheatley , another f!-up. BTW we drafted Wheatley in the second and O'Connell/Crable in the 3rd. How would Jermichael Finley , Tavares Gooden and Jameel Charles look in Pats uni's. I know , I know m. m. QB'n ... NOT REALLY , its not m.m.QB'n when you say these things while its happening. I was m.m.QB'n when I was screaming at Little to take Pety out. Same deal here , we need to draft better ... And BTW we got lucky in the 4th and were able to snag Wilhite from the clutches of every other NFL team in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

I didnt answer this q's in terms of how I think he'll be in 2-3 years. "Same old Butler" was the post and yes he's the same guy as he was last year. He hasnt got any better from last year doesnt show any signs of improvment. He gets by w/ whatever athletism he has and will make a play or two , but thats it. I never understood why they drafted a guy like him , I never thought he would fit in our system. People thought that Sante was a selective tackler , LOL watch his kid. But we'll probably keep him for the next 4 years and keep saying things like , " Man if he ever puts it together " , " Hes to talented to not produce ". Just like L.M. , Watson etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

lets go pats!!! smoke em if you got em!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]I didnt answer this q's in terms of how I think he'll be in 2-3 years. "Same old Butler" was the post and yes he's the same guy as he was last year. He hasnt got any better from last year doesnt show any signs of improvment. He gets by w/ whatever athletism he has and will make a play or two , but thats it. I never understood why they drafted a guy like him , I never thought he would fit in our system. People thought that Sante was a selective tackler , LOL watch his kid. But we'll probably keep him for the next 4 years and keep saying things like , " Man if he ever puts it together " , " Hes to talented to not produce ". Just like L.M. , Watson etc.
    Posted by NOT2REGRET[/QUOTE]

im sure you were saying the same thing about law when he came into the league too, or wait you knew he would take a couple of years before he became a solid cb right? and what about bruschi or asante? im sure you didnt call them out either because they played so well their first 3 years in the league right? cmon man get over yourself, the kid didnt even start last year and its frigan week 4.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

if we have a very intimadating pass rush and with the speed of our cb's i think they'll have a field day

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'll end on this note.  You can't teach or learn Height. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I'll end on this note.  You can't teach or learn Height. 
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

The play could have been defended better, height has nothing to do with it; ask perennial All Pro Darrell Green who stood at 5'9" 184 pounds.  It had to be defended better and if you think that same receiver hasn't posterized many other established Pro Bowl DBacks than you're on a hater streak...  Butler has the same measurables as Asante Samuel so don't blame his size.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]What is funny is Jerry thinks him calling me a joke is some how going to hurt my feelings but I take into account who is doing the insulting and considering everyone thinks Jerry Springer here is a joke or a troll I am not too hurt by it. I could be the world's biggest *retard with no coaching experience what so ever and I would still know more then you when it comes to football. But whatever thanks for reminding me why I had you on ignore to begin with. You made one good post about saving dogs when i was talking about Mike Vick under your other name Matilda so I took you off and now you are lumping me in with Rusty, I guess I did come across as Rusty like by calling people stupid but i still couldnt care less what you think about me. Make fun of me all you want for coaching kids but at least I donate my time to helping kids learn about a game I love rather then sitting here and talking sh*t under a bunch of different names.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Thats a wonderful thing that you are taking time and teaching kids MVP. But I busted on you because of the name calling dude. Just because you have you ropinion doesnt mean its right about a person. You take the positive side to Butler, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he is too short, not experienced in the position, and mostly, getting creamed at it. Now with no name calling from me, I go by (like T-Cal,) the facts of what he is doing, not what I was wishing he could do. What if's and hope dont cut it in the NFL. He either can play the position or he cannot. If he can then you teach him with additional coaching as you suggested. Problem is, he is not coachable at this position due to the fact he cannot play it well enough for the NFL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

TCal you have posted some incredibly negative stuff about Butler and you know what alot of it has been wrong. 

You cant teach or learn height? The dude is 5'10 with an amazing vert. McCourty is 5'10 as well with a great vert leap I guess hes trash too?

Dude seriously get over it its been 3 weeks he barley played last week and the kid knows he made mistakes as he posted it HIMSELF and that hes been working overtime to fix it and that he has and when his number is called he will shine.

You know what lets all create threads on each player.

Tom Brady-Cant complete a second half pass
    Moss-Cant catch a ball
    Meriweather-Doesnt know what to do
    Welker-Bum knee
    OL-Just simply sucks
    McCourty- Garbage player who cant cover because he cant be taught height.

I dont know if your pmsing or not but if you are dont take it out on Darius.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Did you ever watch Asante? He looked lost till the very last day he was here in the superbowl no joke. This guy was the one who was covering Tyree on the play and for some reason went up and tried to make a play on ELI AS A DAMN CORNER.

Ellis Hobbs was too damn scared all the time so he gave up a 15 yard cushion on the WR. Darius doesnt do that nonsense because he knows he can stick with almost all WRs due to his speed and hips.

He looks lost? Lost on what? Simple curl routes? Come on dude the guy is getting turned around and not breaking down right now. Its fundamental errors if he cant turn that around oh well but some of you are the most fairweather trashiest fans I have ever seen.

If the Pats blow out Miami and Butler gets 2 picks this entire forum will put his nut sack in their mouth and say "Forget about the Jets"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

it's like this, there is no veteran leadership presence in that patriot secondary, not one iota. Darius Butler should be the nickel, not starting left cornerback?
    Let's be real, he got thrown into the fire too quickly and everyone expects him to be Assante Samuel during highest point as a Patriot.
    This going to take Butler 4 years to get to a  level of being a solid football player at cornerback and that's not meaning pro bowler level.
    Every rookie corner has to get his lumps in the league, especially when he has to find his own way there. It would have ben a good idea to have Ty Law around at least for one year for these rookies. could have started Law and put Butler in the nickel just good enough to have butler going in the right direction.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Darius is very athletic, fast, and talented.  He made All-American at UConn and was predicted to be a first-round draft choice by nost of the football media.  Let's not panic, he will be fine next year.  In case you have not thought about it, we are NOT going to the playoffs this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is This The Same Darius Butler? : im sure you were saying the same thing about law when he came into the league too, or wait you knew he would take a couple of years before he became a solid cb right? and what about bruschi or asante? im sure you didnt call them out either because they played so well their first 3 years in the league right? cmon man get over yourself, the kid didnt even start last year and its frigan week 4.
    Posted by isurfvb35[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at Asante's rookie stats? There not much different than Butler'

www.nfl.com/players/asantesamuel/profile?id=SAM616410">http://www.nfl.com/players/asantesamuel/profile?id=SAM616410

Did you know that the 2 first years Asante played for NEW England, Ty Law was still working his magic for the Pats?
    I suspect part of the education a player gets is from his fellow team mates.
    Unfortunately for Butler there is nobody... unless the Pats can bring in Ty law or somebody as a corner coach

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Your first post wasn't long and rambling enough so you added an addendum?

Butler and this defense will be fine, after the tough schedule they have to play they will either be really good or dead.  It's a baptism by fire in the NFL, we knew this D was going to take a couple months minimum to sort out so quit the moaning.

25. This post has been removed.