Is this Wilforks last Year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Is this Wilforks last Year?

With the signing of Brace it looks like BB wants to play hardball with Wilfork. I hope not

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Re: Is this Wilforks last Year?

He's gone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

now i beleive this will be seymours last year,but wilfork will at least be franchised next year if they dont get a deal done this year.there are many pats that will be free agents next year,and many sacrafices will come,but the older guys i beleive will move on.who knows brace could move to the end spot next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

Contracts are two ways streets. If Wilfork wants Haynesworth's crazy money, it probably would not happen with the Pats. The addition of Brace may decrease Wilfork's load and extend his career, and we hope Wilfork will take that as a consideration in his asking price. I wonder whether the Pats will pick Wilford over Seymour, if they can only afford to keep one. They will accommodate Wilfork's wish for a good payday, within reason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Moss, have you seen Brace?  That guy was born to play NT.  I don't see him playing DE.  Now they could play some 4-3 with Vince and Brace inside.  That would be pretty stout.  Southie is right.  Who knows how much Vince is looking for.  This gives them a backup this yr and a potential replacement if they can't come to terms with Vince.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Wilfork isn't asking for Haynesworth type money and wants to remain a Pat.  Maybe Brace will play beside Wilfork some in a 4-3 this season and as mosseffect said, replace Seymour next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No way Brace ever plays END. He is a classic nose tackle in the Ted Washington mold (best NE nose ever, even if for one season in the twilight of his career).

If they resign Wilfork to anything but an absolute sweetheart deal it is a waste of a very talented player and a very valuable second round pick. Use that cash to resign Seymour who is harder to replace because he is more talented and Mankins who is the best offensive lineman NE has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it also spells franchise tag.how many times have we heard no-way,but it has turned into it.who knows?maybe some how we keep both.again who knows.you can never have enough of good depth on a team.if a serious injury happens its nice to a great back-up.jarvis green is very talented,and probably could have started somewhere,but he sits behind seymour as a back-up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

NO, Wilforks will be around the PATS for a few more Years...  GO PATS in 09... SEYMOUR???  who knows what BB is Thinking,   Anything is possible...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Franchising Wilfork is a terrible value.

The best NT's in the league get about $7million per. The franchise tag for DT is closer to $11 million per. That is the whole sticking point with Wilfork. His agent is probably arguing for a ludicrous Albert Haynesworth type deal, when he isn't half the  player that Haynesworth is. He is a garbage man who has to plug two holes.

Brace can do that standing on his head. Unless Wilfork wants to come on for a very good deal, he wil go. NE lucked out. This was a tremendous NT draft with Raji and Brace coming out in the same year.

It is just football. You replace with what you have on the board. If there was a tremendous guard prospect in there I am sure NE could have gone the other way and grabbed a guy who threatens Mankins' future.

Brace is a kid who got better every year, and is still getting better and is a *mountain* of a man. He makes Wilfork look small side by side. His upside is tremendous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i dont know what your reading,but wilfork is one of the best in the league.but it will come down to money,or the franchise,but i beleve a deal will get done.6-2,and 6-3, 324lbs,and 325 lbs.pretty close in size,and weight.but wilfork is much more nastier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Wilfork is gone.  Hopefully they resign Seymour or have their eye on a replacement for him in 2010.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Wilfork is gone.  Hopefully they resign Seymour or have their eye on a replacement for him in 2010.
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]we will see.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2009_04_21_Vince_Wilfork_believes_he_ll_be_in_Foxboro_forever:_Staying_power/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

We have no idea what kind of money Wilfork is demanding. All we have are the Globe articles that have nice public negotiating stances coming from both sides. That plays better with fans than hardball from either the player or the team.

I can't see BB taking someone just for negotiating leverage, but the fact that there was no backup for Wilfork on the roster was scary last year. I hope this is about depth and flexiblity for the future (they could play 4-3 in some instances). If it is about leverage, then better to be in this position than being screwed if Wilfork bolts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]i dont know what your reading,but wilfork is one of the best in the league.but it will come down to money,or the franchise,but i beleve a deal will get done.6-2,and 6-3, 324lbs,and 325 lbs.pretty close in size,and weight.but wilfork is much more nastier.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Reading??? I have watched Brace for years.

6'3" 335 list, he plays closer to 345. He is a much bigger player.

I am not so sure a deal gets done. Ne probably wants to, but they probably have a figure, and Wilfork doesn't like it. His loss.

Brace can be just as good, and has upsde to be better.

And as far as nastiness goes . . . no thanks. Wilfork can keep the 60 yards and four first downs in personal foul penalties he costs the defense every year if he wants the kind of money I think he does.  I like mean players, and making a statement hit one or twice every couple of years is cool. But he gets stupid penalties for cheap shots . . . gouging someone's eye?? For real?

If NE can sign him to an appropriate deal ($6.5-7.5) range then it is easier. I would go no higher, not for the second or third best NT in football, and not when you have a player on your roster who could replace him.

It is just football. And it is just a football type of decision. Having both on the roster would be awesome as these big guys tend to wear down quick . . but it will take some budging from Wilfork to make that happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

The economics of second round picks aren't going to play a role in whether NE keeps both Brace and Wilfork. This is about the big picture.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

Not necessarily and it is especially hard to find nose tackle types in the draft..for all you Worcester people out there Brace played at Burncoat High School..but you knew that already

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

they were just talking about him on the network,and they said the nice thing about Brace is he can play both DT,and DE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Not necessarily and it is especially hard to find nose tackle types in the draft..for all you Worcester people out there Brace played at Burncoat High School..but you knew that already
    Posted by BS10FAN[/QUOTE]

I am a Worcester person. He is a native son all the way. A Pat fan gets to be a Pats player.  I love it when that happens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]we will see. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2009_04_21_Vince_Wilfork_believes_he_ll_be_in_Foxboro_forever:_Staying_power/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] This article was before the Draft now they have Brace, hopefully it works out and we see the pats run a little more 4-3 sets