Is Welker so good we don't even thread him after a game like that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Re: Is Welker so good we don't even thread him after a game like that?

In Response to Re: Is Welker so good we don't even thread him after a game like that?:
    [QUOTE]Welker is GREAT! And BB needs to realize his worth to the team when he's calling his number to go back and return punts! Look, Welker has broken off a few long ones this year in that role, but it's not worth the risk. You don't put your best offensive players (especially small ones who already take a beating over the middle) on special teams! I'd like to compare the decision to the one the Carolina Panthers make every week. Their best return man, Steve Smith happens to be their best receiver, and you know what they don't do...? They don't put him back there to return punts because they can't afford to get him hurt. They have put him back there when their team needs a spark, but they are cautious with their best player. I feel that we need to do the same thing. There are plenty of other guys on our roster who have experience returning punts who are not key cogs in our weekly offensive or defensive game plans. Terrence Wheatley did it at Colorado, Darius Butler at UConn, Matthew Slater at UCLA (I know he's made mistakes in the past but give the guy a break) and although he's hurt, Brandon Tate is one of the best return men in college history. At least put Faulk back there! Get Welker out of harms way by getting him out of the most dangerous phase of the game!
    Posted by DayWooo763[/QUOTE]

This week, I noticed MAYO in on the punting and FG teams lined up next  to the long snapper.  This is moronic...  Isn't he in harms reach enough. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

I know right?!!! Sodiumpentothal, you know what I'm getting at! Thank you! Why don't we just make Randy a gunner while we're at it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: Is Welker so good we don't even thread him after a game like that?:
    [QUOTE]I know right?!!! Sodiumpentothal, you know what I'm getting at! Thank you! Why don't we just make Randy a gunner while we're at it...
    Posted by DayWooo763[/QUOTE]

No joke, when I saw that, I almost passed out...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

The thing is that Welker really doesn't have the upside as a return man to warrant the move. He's a fantastic reciever but he's not Devin Hester back there. I mean I really want to see Matthew Slater get a another chance. I understand that he made a SERIOUS mistake in the past (I think it was against the Steelers maybe) where he dropped that kickoff and it was recovered by the other team (we lost and he was blamed), but give the kid another chance. He's young and talented and I know BB likes his toughness as he's been in on goal line situations as a blocker (again, not really sure what that's about).