It All Starts Up Front

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

It All Starts Up Front

The offense finally looked like they had it together for 4 full quarters today and I think that starts with the guys who started on the O-line today. 

Personally, I think it's the best look the Pats can have out there - it always seems to be great for passing and the power-run game. 

Vollmer at RT is great right now and I think Light should stay at LT due to his experience.  Mankins, Koppen, and Neal are great inside.

If they keep these 5 guys as the starters I think the Pats offense can continue to churn out yards and points, as well as get W's and keep pressure on opposing teams.  It could lead to a nice playoff run, if you ask me.

Opinions? Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

Re: It All Starts Up Front

I just started a similar thread before reading this. I am in total agreement. The team is way more effective when vollmer and neal are in the game. If vollmer continues to shut down his man the pats can send help to lights side. Neal is hugely underrated and if he can avoid any further unjuries this will be a tough team to beat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

It's funny how the Maroney apologist's have been making excuses all year that the line can't open holes and that's the reason why he the 24th ranked runner in the NFL, with no 100 yard games in 2009.

Yet with the slub on the bench we rack up 175 rushing yards.  Faulk, Morris and Taylor hitting the hole hard and running like pros behind excellent blocking.

I think it's safe to say Maroney has been the problem all year and not the line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I agree about Neal and Vollmer. 

Vollmer was great at LT, but I think experience prevails due to knowing the "in's and out's" of the position.  Light isn't the greatest LT in the game, but he's solid enough to not keep the offense in trouble. 

When Neal came out it seemed like the offense stumbled, but when he was back in they just rolled.  If those guys can stay healthy and keep their current spots, then it'll be great to watch. 

I also really like the 4-RB group they have, all are looking strong and healthy at just the right time.  If Maroney can cut out his fumbling he will be a good piece to the puzzle this postseason as well. 

Hopefully Wilfork will get healthy and return in a couple weeks when the playoffs begin - if that happens and no more injuries occur, they will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Yeah, love this group. Vollmer's false start today has been his only rookie mistake thus far.

I will now furiously knock wood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Maroney has been good lately, but still blows IMHO.  Hope we get a new RB next year, Dwyer maybe?