IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys, i love bruschi and respect all his leadership, skillset and accomplishments. but seriously, y does this team tangibly need him? even seau has more value at this point.  he is actually a better player. for now, with mayo clearly emerging as the new lawrence taylor on defense, with a healthy guyton and adelius thomas, along with burgess, lemon, eric alexander and other youthful types with experience in the system, y not turn things over to them? they can play special teams too. at most, bruschi will be a one down guy or in obvious running situations.  should he even be startg at this point? at worse, he should be on the seau backup plan. if someone gets hurt, then u may call him. his presence hurts more now. he cant run or cover anymore. plus the team will be ustilizg a4-3 scheme more this year. would much rather see guyton or mayo in there in the middle. even alexander or one of the younger guys. hell, even thomas. only issue is how he will be put out to pasture. will bel just cut him, ask him politely to retire, give him a coachg position, or trade him to denver or KC?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!

bruschi is a solid two down linebacker,he may not be able to bring it every down all season long,but he will be very productive on a couple of series here,and there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

you are a fool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

In Response to IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]sorry guys, i love bruschi and respect all his leadership, skillset and accomplishments. but seriously, y does this team tangibly need him? even seau has more value at this point.  he is actually a better player. for now, with mayo clearly emerging as the new lawrence taylor on defense, with a healthy guyton and adelius thomas, along with burgess, lemon, eric alexander and other youthful types with experience in the system, y not turn things over to them? they can play special teams too. at most, bruschi will be a one down guy or in obvious running situations.  should he even be startg at this point? at worse, he should be on the seau backup plan. if someone gets hurt, then u may call him. his presence hurts more now. he cant run or cover anymore. plus the team will be ustilizg a4-3 scheme more this year. would much rather see guyton or mayo in there in the middle. even alexander or one of the younger guys. hell, even thomas. only issue is how he will be put out to pasture. will bel just cut him, ask him politely to retire, give him a coachg position, or trade him to denver or KC?
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]
    thats my point. y cant a younger guy with more upside do that plus play better special teams and be more versatile?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i know everyone wants the youth movement,but without game experience,and leadership.the defense wont be any better.possibly worse.it dosent matter of the age,its if the player can still bring it.bruschi can still bring it,and by keeping him fresh. rotateing players in,and out will help him,and everyone who gets rotated more rest,and life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Absolutely Not Bruschi is the Hardest player on the Team not like these Wimps when they have a sore finger or toe can't play Bruschi always plays even when he is Hurt LOVE YOU TEDY BRUSCHI HE IS NO#1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

People forget that our championship teams were built on a mix of vets and youth. They forget that guys like brian Cox and Roman Phiffer played well into their 30s for this team. We have always been told "your too old" and we would win a title to spite them and we will do it again. You can quit on Teddy if you want bro but he wont ever quit on the Pats or the fans and I wont quit on him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]People forget that our championship teams were built on a mix of vets and youth. They forget that guys like brian Cox and Roman Phiffer played well into their 30s for this team. We have always been told "your too old" and we would win a title to spite them and we will do it again. You can quit on Teddy if you want bro but he wont ever quit on the Pats or the fans and I wont quit on him.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]Teddy ain't going to be cut,traded or released.For all the fans who think he's not going to make the team this year you are wrong! If McKenzie hadn't hurt himself he might have had a fight on his hands,but he did get hurt and he is not a competitor for Bruschi's job and there are no other ILB's who will take his job as long as they employ the 3-4 defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

What a ridonkulous post! Tedy Ballgame will win his 4rth superbowl this year and will be a coach for N.E by 20011. I think mayo is the future at middle lb for the Pats but to call him the next Lawrence Taylor is not credible. Anybody who calls for Bruschi to be cut clearly doesnt understand why our team has been successful for the past decade. MVPKilla touches on it in his last post but clearly youth and athletisicm alone can not win you a championship in this league. The guy led us in tackles in 06 and 07 and was 3rd last year in a lesser role. He is much like Jason Varitek for the Sox he has intanglibles that cannot be measured by mere statistics. Also if Seau was better then Bruschi then dont you think Belicheck the best coach in the league would have him on the team. Appreciate the players we have because we have one of the best teams in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]sorry guys, i love bruschi and respect all his leadership, skillset and accomplishments. but seriously, y does this team tangibly need him? even seau has more value at this point.  he is actually a better player. for now, with mayo clearly emerging as the new lawrence taylor on defense, with a healthy guyton and adelius thomas, along with burgess, lemon, eric alexander and other youthful types with experience in the system, y not turn things over to them? they can play special teams too. at most, bruschi will be a one down guy or in obvious running situations.  should he even be startg at this point? at worse, he should be on the seau backup plan. if someone gets hurt, then u may call him. his presence hurts more now. he cant run or cover anymore. plus the team will be ustilizg a4-3 scheme more this year. would much rather see guyton or mayo in there in the middle. even alexander or one of the younger guys. hell, even thomas. only issue is how he will be put out to pasture. will bel just cut him, ask him politely to retire, give him a coachg position, or trade him to denver or KC?
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]
     but if the rumor of the aj hawk being traded.i wouldnt mind him landing here.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]People forget that our championship teams were built on a mix of vets and youth. They forget that guys like brian Cox and Roman Phiffer played well into their 30s for this team.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Actually MVP Roman Phifer played into his 40's and was solid until the end.  Bru is still a tackling machine, he may not be in on all the big plays but provides invaluable service showing Mayo stuff he has never seen before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

A.J. Hawk would be a great pickup. Unfortunately, he is in the thick part of a very rich contract.

I think his salary is reasonable the next two, but in 2011 he is getting something close to $11 million. I don't know if this is guaranteed, but it makes me wonder why the Packers would want to trade him if it weren't.

The problem for Hawk is that he was overhyped. People think a tackling machine stinks. But they Packers drafted him too high.

Unfortunately, he does nothing to answer the OLB question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think Bruschi isn't a two down guy anymore at that.

He is a good vet who can come in and give you some good downs if you don't overplay him.

He is a shadow of what he once was. He doesn't explode through the ball carrier anymore. He gets blown off the point of attack sometimes. And doesn't have the range to be a deep dropper.

However . . .

He knows the system. He is a leader. A playcaller. Is never out of position. And in small doses, with rest, is a much better athlete who isn't overmatched. And makes very little in the grand scheme.

Why wouldn't you want him on the team?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

[QUOTE]What a ridonkulous post! Tedy Ballgame will win his 4rth superbowl this year and will be a coach for N.E by 20011. I think mayo is the future at middle lb for the Pats but to call him the next Lawrence Taylor is not credible. Anybody who calls for Bruschi to be cut clearly doesnt understand why our team has been successful for the past decade. MVPKilla touches on it in his last post but clearly youth and athletisicm alone can not win you a championship in this league. The guy led us in tackles in 06 and 07 and was 3rd last year in a lesser role. He is much like Jason Varitek for the Sox he has intanglibles that cannot be measured by mere statistics. Also if Seau was better then Bruschi then dont you think Belicheck the best coach in the league would have him on the team. Appreciate the players we have because we have one of the best teams in the league.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    brushchi signed a contract with way too many years on it, thats y bel has put up with him the last 2 years. all things being equal, without a doubt bruschi would have been put out to pasture as was the great troy brown. seau can still play at a high level. he just cant do it for 16 games. for 5 game stretches, absolutely! bruschi cant play even ONE game at a high level anymore.. he gets star rated-pile on tackes, thats it. dont forget there is no official stat called a tackle. teams get to assign them as they freakin please. i c ALL the games. bruschi hasnt had an impact play in OVER two years. unless the play is run straight at him and he has 2 or 3 other guys to distract and get in the way of the balll carrier, he aint gettg there. youngies would do well observg adelius at this point. he has a ring too and is STILL  a multifaceted impact player. burgess is also an impact veteran. come on, i know varitek, i am a fan of jason varitek..... teddy bruschi sir, is no jason varitek! at this point, he is a tag-along. he contributes NOTHING indispensable. tek is indespensable to beckett and lester and in general game calling and behind the scenes with pitch calling and selection to vmart, the pitchg coach and others! i have a bruschi jersey. i believe he is a great man and should be honored at foxboro just as troy brown was and is. he should also be offered a front office or coachg job at some point. but as a player in the here and now, he has very little value!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]A.J. Hawk would be a great pickup. Unfortunately, he is in the thick part of a very rich contract. I think his salary is reasonable the next two, but in 2011 he is getting something close to $11 million. I don't know if this is guaranteed, but it makes me wonder why the Packers would want to trade him if it weren't. The problem for Hawk is that he was overhyped. People think a tackling machine stinks. But they Packers drafted him too high. Unfortunately, he does nothing to answer the OLB question.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE] true,but if bruschi was to retire,mayo,and a hawk tandem in the middle could be a good future outlook.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!! : brushchi signed a contract with way too many years on it, thats y bel has put up with him the last 2 years. all things being equal, without a doubt bruschi would have been put out to pasture as was the great troy brown. seau can still play at a high level. he just cant do it for 16 games. for 5 game stretches, absolutely! bruschi cant play even ONE game at a high level anymore.. he gets star rated-pile on tackes, thats it. dont forget there is no official stat called a tackle. teams get to assign them as they freakin please. i c ALL the games. bruschi hasnt had an impact play in OVER two years. unless the play is run straight at him and he has 2 or 3 other guys to distract and get in the way of the balll carrier, he aint gettg there. youngies would do well observg adelius at this point. he has a ring too and is STILL  a multifaceted impact player. burgess is also an impact veteran. come on, i know varitek, i am a fan of jason varitek..... teddy bruschi sir, is no jason varitek! at this point, he is a tag-along. he contributes NOTHING indispensable. tek is indespensable to beckett and lester and in general game calling and behind the scenes with pitch calling and selection to vmart, the pitchg coach and others! i have a bruschi jersey. i believe he is a great man and should be honored at foxboro just as troy brown was and is. he should also be offered a front office or coachg job at some point. but as a player in the here and now, he has very little value!
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]

Its good to see your a fan and have history with the franchises. I have watched every game the Pats have played since 2000 and while it is obvious Bruschi is not in his prime anymore I completely disagree that "he has very little value" Ringing up 120 tackles is not the only identifier of value. Again Bruschi's intangibles are leadership, coach on the field and right place right time. With the players we have both in front of him (Mayo) and around him Bruschi will still be a major contributor on this defense. You dont have 90 tackles in this league when you are washed up. Your opinion that Bruschi be cut is premature and I hope for our sake it doesnt happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!! : Its good to see your a fan and have history with the franchises. I have watched every game the Pats have played since 2000 and while it is obvious Bruschi is not in his prime anymore I completely disagree that "he has very little value" Ringing up 120 tackles is not the only identifier of value. Again Bruschi's intangibles are leadership, coach on the field and right place right time. With the players we have both in front of him (Mayo) and around him Bruschi will still be a major contributor on this defense. You dont have 90 tackles in this league when you are washed up. Your opinion that Bruschi be cut is premature and I hope for our sake it doesnt happen.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]did u not notice that guyton started last nite and he SHOULD continue to do that all year for him to be as good as mayo? he has ahuge upside. many have speculated that he could b even better than mayo. he has an even more diverse game. if bruschi does play, it should b limited to special teams and emergency linebacker in case of injury or when up by 4 TDs. perhaps in special goal line situations or something freaky like that. stii, u can find a young guy on the team now to do that. would hate to see a lemon, crable or the guy they just got from AZ cut to keep bruschi. on pure tangibles, he is the LAST guy on the depth chart at this time!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Patriot defence is much better when BRUSCHI is on the field. 

BRUSCHI makes offences play honest fundimental football.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IT IS THE END FOR BRUSCHI... HE WONT MAKE IT TO OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!! : did u not notice that guyton started last nite and he SHOULD continue to do that all year for him to be as good as mayo? he has ahuge upside. many have speculated that he could b even better than mayo. he has an even more diverse game. if bruschi does play, it should b limited to special teams and emergency linebacker in case of injury or when up by 4 TDs. perhaps in special goal line situations or something freaky like that. stii, u can find a young guy on the team now to do that. would hate to see a lemon, crable or the guy they just got from AZ cut to keep bruschi. on pure tangibles, he is the LAST guy on the depth chart at this time!
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]

Of course he started and should. I did like the look of the new defense and I think that is just what it is. Mayo and Guyton with Thomas and Burgess or Woods they look pretty intimidating out there but my argument here is that Bruschi is still effective and to say he is only getting tackles because of"pile ons" is wrong.  Bruschi is credited with the most assist tackles on our team because he is constantly in on most plays(as he has always done in his career) Right place right time because he is the smartest defender on our team. Im not saying Bruschi should be out there every down or even half of them but I do think he has a place on this team in the final year of the 4 year deal that he negotiated himself btw. A deal that was good for him but more importantly financially sound for the team. In any case I hope Guyton and Mayo can continue to develop and what better way to improve by learning from one of the most expierenced middle Lbs of the game. Especially in the post season where young players need to be constantly reminded to keep there cool. Something that # 54 knows a little about! Go Pats.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from diva886. Show diva886's posts

I agree; it's always good to have some experienced players on the team to help guide the young ones.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

I agree, Bruschi hurts this team... I don't know what games everyone has been watching over the last 3 years (or 4), but Bru hasn't made a play since his stroke, but he has been beaten, again and again.  Although I've seen him blitz (what, a hundred times?) over the last 4 years, I haven't seen him get to the QB. 

People forget that their were some spots we filled with quality Vets, but Bill always got rid of the dead weight Vets that no longer had the ability to make the big play (when they were winning championships 5 years ago). 

I like Bruschi, as much as all our players who've been there from the beginning, but I've watched all the games, and I just don't know what everone else is seeing.  He played very hard in his earlier years, threw his body away for the team... then he had a stroke... and what he has left is just not enough to compete against the best physically gifted athletes in the world.  People complain about the weak defense last year, and lack of pass rush... that means make some changes including Bruschi.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Where did all these anti-Bruschi trolls come from?  They should go back to w*cking off to the photos of all the young guys they like so much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

hmm i love bruschi and what he's done, and most of these negative posts are really stupid, but maybe it is time for him to retire. it was sad seeing how willie mac played last year on the browns, and i'd hate to cringe when tedy is on the field, but i think he may be headed in that direction...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Bruschi has one more year left. He will not contribute much and his athletic prowess has lost a lot of explosion, but his instincts and skill levels are intact. He had great instinct in a key tackle last night to stop a run, hiding behind a DT and jumping out to tackle at the right moment-

Any novice LB wouldn't have bothered hiding, and would have been standing there, waiting, which is giving the RB time to shake and bake, or OL to pick him up for the block.

We don't have that many ILB anyway. Eric Alexander is going to get cut.