it saddend me to see...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

it saddend me to see...

Wes Welker warming up for the Broncos. I know I am going to get crap for this but that's how it felt. He was an awesome Patriot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: it saddend me to see...

Just think back to the crucial drops he had in the playoffs and SB and you won't feel so bad anymore. Brady might have 5 rings if he had better hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I used to love the guy, but as time went on I secretly hoped someone else would come along and knock him off his high horse. I think that other player is Amendola. 

Welker was a great Patriot and will probably end up in the Patriots hall of fame. However, I just can't get the sour taste out of my mouth from the drops and the way he left (things that were said). He slowly dropped on my list of favorite Patriots over the years.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Just think back to the crucial drops he had in the playoffs and SB and you won't feel so bad anymore. Brady might have 5 rings if he had better hands.

Or the fact that he left for 1 mill more than what the Pats offered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I remember all the catches that got us to that SB that gave us a shot at it to begin with. Without Welker not sure if Brady would even have had the shot. To put all the blame on a single play is silly in a game that any number of single plays could have made a difference. If you don't remember they had 3 chances to get a first not just the one and even then the D had a chance to end it too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't miss him, he ruined Brady. Brady stopped trying to work with receivers and looking for the open guy and looked for 83.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I guess you all have a point. I guess it's they way ne left NE that really is bothering me, it was a bad break up. Let's hope we have a great year. That will be the best way to move on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I don't miss him, he ruined Brady. Brady stopped trying to work with receivers and looking for the open guy and looked for 83.

Who were his other options in the SB? Hernandez was out, Gronk was hurt, Branch? Ocho? He didn't exactly have that many receiving options at that point. But, how about putting some of the blame on Brady for not wanting to develop other WR's and on BB for not finding proper WR's to provide depth and give Brady a chance to develop them. Plenty of blame to go around. Welker's just the easy target since he's not on the team anymore

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who were his other options in the SB? Hernandez was out, Gronk was hurt, Branch? Ocho? He didn't exactly have that many receiving options at that point. But, how about putting some of the blame on Brady for not wanting to develop other WR's and on BB for not finding proper WR's to provide depth and give Brady a chance to develop them. Plenty of blame to go around. Welker's just the easy target since he's not on the team anymore

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with PatEng.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Welcome to the salary cap age.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Go Ravens...just wish they still had Pollard...for one last game...  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

What WR's are you talking about? Underwood, Ocho, Lloyd?  Don't blame Brady for not developing WR's with no talent or has beens.  I put the blame solely on poor personnel decisions in FA and the draft.

I gave BB his blame for not having proper WR's. But, it's not like Brady hasn't worked with no talent WR's in the past either. He did pretty good in 06' and Branch and Patton weren't anything special after they left NE. Sometimes QB's have to work with what they got and not give them the stink eye if they drop a pass. I'm convinced if there was any other WR on the team other than Welker last year Lloyd might have been given the old Galloway treatment

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Just think how sad you won't be when he has a huge drop in the playoffs for the donkeys.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Wow can't believe you are routing for the birds. Personally I'm routing for the meteor, or at the very least a tie. A tie is just as good as a lose in the NFL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow can't believe you are routing for the birds. Personally I'm routing for the meteor, or at the very least a tie. A tie is just as good as a lose in the NFL

[/QUOTE]

I'm for a tie as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It seemed a bit strange to see Welker in Broncos uniform but truly it's time to move on.  The guy was a major contributor to the Pats success but the nature of the business is what it is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

+1000

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

thank you mr. perfect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

so did Randy Moss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

NY PAT- It was hard to watch Wes being Wes wearing orange. He will contribute to the Broncos running up the score this year.  Yeah, still wish Wes retired a Pat.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Just remember how Wes looked in week 1 and then come back in week 16 and see what he looks like. I honestly wasnst impressed. Awful Muff at the 5 yard line that cost a direct TD when he had NO business feilding past it the 10. Rookie mistake. The drop that should have been challenged was in the chest , just like the punt. This Guy will fail in the clutch for Manning just like he did with us. Yea he gets open over the middle one on one.....like most slot WRs do. He doesnt have much yac anymore and once he starts really getting hit, he is gonna wear down just he did with us.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

What WR's are you talking about? Underwood, Ocho, Lloyd?  Don't blame Brady for not developing WR's with no talent or has beens.  I put the blame solely on poor personnel decisions in FA and the draft.

Ochocinco.  What a bust.  Nice job Greatest GM of All Time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

NY PAT- It was hard to watch Wes being Wes wearing orange. He will contribute to the Broncos running up the score this year.  Yeah, still wish Wes retired a Pat.

Yes it was hard - I hope we have a good year.