its not coaching.....its the weak drafts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts

brandon tate needs a labotamy. what a dummy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

We need to get this straight.  One thread said it was Brady, the next Obrien, then Butler, then Belichick, then Moss.  The most important thing to do when something goes wrong is to find someone to blame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Your sarcasm is borderline funny m1023us. I remember because you made some good points when I made a thread bashing Pioli.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I knew someone would like it.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]brandon tate needs a labotamy. what a dummy
    Posted by cellucci[/QUOTE]

I just researched your posts...and they don't get much better than this one.....

That is pretty bad....you can't even troll correctly....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

This is the only team in the NFL without coordinators.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]This is the only team in the NFL without coordinators.
    Posted by CubanPete[/QUOTE]

You mean the people with those titles....because they have people that perform the roles of Coordinators....without the lable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : You mean the people with those titles....because they have people that perform the roles of Coordinators....without the lable.
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

Fine. Dean Pees was a disaster and Patricia has been unimpressive so far. The offense has been substandard since Josh moved on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Fine. Dean Pees was a disaster and Patricia has been unimpressive so far. The offense has been substandard since Josh moved on.

Do you remember Josh's first year as a Coordinator?  It wasn't very impressive....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Do you remember Josh's first year as a Coordinator?  It wasn't very impressive....
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

You mean in 2006 when he became OC? The year the Pats O ranked 7th in PPG and averaged 31.7 PPG in the playoffs? Yeah, I guess I don't remember.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]brandon tate needs a labotamy. what a dummy
    Posted by cellucci[/QUOTE]

looks like you already had your lobotomy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : You mean in 2006 when he became OC? The year the Pats O ranked 7th in PPG and averaged 31.7 PPG in the playoffs? Yeah, I guess I don't remember.

Thank you for proving my point....

The Pats finished 6th in Offense last year...they had 26.7 as opposed to the 24.1 they averaged in 2006.  In actuality, O'Brein's first season is better than McDaniels first year as OC.

So are you a hypocryte?  Or are you going to let the season finish before complaining about who's fault things are?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]This is the only team in the NFL without coordinators.

This, I think, is a fair concern.  Most great leaders surround themselves with highly experienced people who have skills equal to or even better than their own.  I think it's a bit strange the BB has not brought in top talent to support him on his coaching staff. This isn't the usual--and generally recommended--approach to leadership. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Draft Smraft.  The PATS did it in 2001, went all the way with a cast of nobodies.  Luck?  Good Coaching?  You decide but the draft had nothing to do with the first one.

We used guys who had no name recognition for years.  I can't even remember their names now but they contributed, like the back up offensive lineman who also was brought in from time to time to play tight end on the goal line.  We brought in people like Vrable, Colvin, Dillon, Harrison and Stallworth.  We also did bring in guys like Doug Gabriel and some other losers.  Its a crap shoot, drafting or free agents.  Face it.

Bottom line, if you're a fan, you're a fan, not a coach.  These are your guys no matter who they are.  If they're not, you're not a fan, just a whining wannabe coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]Draft Smraft.  The PATS did it in 2001, went all the way with a cast of nobodies.  Luck?  Good Coaching?  You decide but the draft had nothing to do with the first one. We used guys who had no name recognition for years.  I can't even remember their names now but they contributed, like the back up offensive lineman who also was brought in from time to time to play tight end on the goal line.  We brought in people like Vrable, Colvin, Dillon, Harrison and Stallworth.  We also did bring in guys like Doug Gabriel and some other losers.  Its a crap shoot, drafting or free agents.  Face it. Bottom line, if you're a fan, you're a fan, not a coach.  These are your guys no matter who they are.  If they're not, you're not a fan, just a whining wannabe coach.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

BINGO!  you hit it right on the head!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]... Face it. Bottom line, if you're a fan, you're a fan, not a coach.  These are your guys no matter who they are.  If they're not, you're not a fan, just a whining wannabe coach...
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

but where's the fun in being JUST A FAN (not a wannabe coach)???

you are right...it's just not as fun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingliar. Show kingliar's posts

[QUOTE]5 words why we are possibly not superbowl ready, Darius Butler over Clay Matthews I thought it was a mistake then and I know it was a mistake now he's had 6 sacks already after 2 games that's phenomenal. How and why could BB have made such a terrible horrible mistake. I duno, in trading back and taking Butler I think we left so many great players behind last years first round was much better than our front office thought
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]
      The 2006-2008 drafts yeilded very very little, period. Check how many of those players are stil on the roster or serving as back ups. And this has to be seen in the context of the Pats history of, better than any team in the NFL, stockpiling picks. The 2010 draft was A plus period.
          That the Pats were good enough to cruise to 14-2 depite this series of weak drafts speaks to coaching, Brady and a handful of elite players. But no one can tell me Sanchez would have beaten them if they had a pass rush AND a better decondary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Maybe Pioli was holding BB back and Reese and Casario are doing a better job. 14-2 in a rebuilding year is pretty good. I think some of the Sox fans are entering the arena. Championship or bust is pretty easy to say when you have no salary cap and your team is amongst the top five in payroll every year:

Belichick and Kraft /> Epstein and Henry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Veteran-laden line-up in 2006-2008, genius. The only argument you can make is that Belichick did not start the rebuilding process early enough.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In the 4 drafts prior to this year nearly 75% of the D has been addressed with 1st or 2nd round draft picks. That's eight high picks in four years.

So it cannot be said massive resources have not been thrown at that problem.
    And in the aftermath of that whirlwind attempt to replenish a neglected D, we are left with a rather suspect collection of warm bodies for the most part.

Certainly Mayo and McCourty (so far) have been a great success. But the other 3/4 of the picks are not the stuff of a champion's D to this point.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Or if Brady didn't throw a pick, Crumpler didn't drop a wide open TD and Chung didn't hand the Jets points before half. It wasn't JUST the D.  14-11 at the start of the 4th qtr proves that it was more the offense that lost that game. And you can't count the 2007 draft because of how BB approached that draft that year. It was very unique.  You come away with Meriweather, Welker and Moss into camp, and that's a pretty good yield.  He traded 3 picks for two players.  2008 was the Spygate stolen 1st rd draft pick and it was a weak draft, the weakest talent pool of the decade.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right wonderboy. Giving up 14 points in the 4th quarter was Brady and the O's fault. Just like letting the 70 passer Sanchez throw up a 127 was their fault too.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Sanchez and the Jets aren't much without free agency (no Pace, Edwards, Cromartie, Scott, or LT). If you want to complain about weak drafts become a Jets fan. It's pretty clear their free agents are disguising horrible draft miscues (Gholston, Wilson, Greene....etc...).

25. This post has been removed.