its not coaching.....its the weak drafts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts

In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Do you know how you can tell when a team has peaked?  When they start to perform worse when the games are played.  All of you fortune tellers here predicting al of this stuff AGAIN this year.  It is beyond pathetic.  And yes, you did mention those Patriots injuries, except you said they overcame them, they didn't. The Jets currently have no less than what they had in 2009 with 20 million to spend.  Good teams are built upon dependable running games and solid defenses.  Are you suggesting that the Jets don't have those?
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]
    They did overcome those injuries and they won the division. The team had a bad game and they lost, just like how your team lost and failed to make the big show.

2009-Brand new coach and team. It takes some teams a little while to learn what their schemes are, etc.
    2010-They had a great season, came second in the division, and failed to make the superbowl with loads of talent.
    2011-The gig is up. Teams now know the schemes and the Jets don't have as much talent as they did the year before.

Sanchez has yet to take control of games (and a throw five yards to holmes who takes it for a TD doesn't count). LT is getting even older and Greene hasn't proven anything except for a couple games in the 2009 playoffs. McKnight? Yeah, right. Your return game will suffer because Smith is going to leave. I could keep going but I'm headed out to take the girlfriend camping.

The Jets have a good defense for sure, but they also have a lack of depth on it and it won't be as good as last year. We'll see if that comes to play. The running game is going to drop off soon unless Greene is the real deal which he has yet to prove.

Also, the NFL is turning into a passing league. You WILL lose one or both of those receivers. Cotchery is old, and Smith will be leaving. Sanchez has yet to prove anything other than he can be ok behind a good running game with great receivers. This is his make or break year. Pulling the "he is a young and developing" card won't work forever.

Right now we are both stating what we believe and we won't find out until the season starts and ends. We will defend our points until the death and constantly bicker. I think the Pats will be great this year and that the Jets will be a 9-7 or 8-8 team and miss the playoffs. We will see who is right. Now to take the gf out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Do you know how you can tell when a team has peaked?  When they start to perform worse when the games are played.  All of you fortune tellers here predicting all of this stuff AGAIN this year.  It is beyond pathetic.  Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it's a pretty tough scene, when your team peaks just way to early on during the matchup...  It's like man, "We WERE goin' pretty d#mn good fellas, but WHATTH happened?!? I mean, you crashed and burned, ran outta steam & petered out, just when I needed you most to come on through, seal the deal, and up-end my opponent, and make their head spin...?"  But the good thing is, Most of the time, a few simple practice sessions in house & subsequent in-game adjustments, and this sorta consistency & endurance should be masterfully executed when all's said & done, come gameplay (alot has to do with elasticity, repetitions, good form, & knowing when to relax in the middle). 

Unfortunately, I wouldn't exaaactly call these sub-par performance techniques "pathetic", as you so do...no.  "Performing worse when you're in the midst of a big-game," and "When the game is being played"...well, that's 1 thing.  But, boy oh boy, It's a whole DIFFERENT ballgame, when you've never been IN that game at all...ya know, You get in a few impt contests, but always limp out before the most impt one, b/c ya can't ever get up to the challenge...  That's- sorta, a tougher issue to contend with. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Bill has the smallest staff in the NFL mainly in the belief that it is easier to get the message across. The young defense ranked number one in takeaways and showed that youth with good coaching Bill Belichick proved last year he still has it. He rebuilt his team through the draft and his young talent exceeded far past expectations.

Here's a really good Pats site
    http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Just a couple more things to show your huge lack of some basic stuff.  Cotchery is old?  28 is old? Are you thinking Welker at 29 and Branch at 31 have somehow avoided the rigors of the NFL?  And to put your idiotic statement about Holmes getting a 5 yard pass and turing it to a TD... first, it's both incorrect and plain stupid.  Second, are you suggesting that a QB who put's his receiver in a position for YAC is somehow less of a QB?  Well, look no further than Tom Brady.  He has led the NFL for 4 years with 46 % of his yards coming after the catch.  Sanchez? 41 %.  The Patriots didn't 'have a bad game' and lose.   They were beaten.  They were outcoached, outplayed, and proved that a good defense shuts down a good offense while running the ball effectively wins in the playoffs.  You didn't overcome anything.  No pressure on the QB, no running game to speak of, and Mark Sanchez had a 120 rating against all world corner McCourty and the rest of that sad defensive backfield.  To claim anyting else is just pure homerism. For you to claim that this guy is gone or that guy is gone is nothing but speculation.  When Smith, Cromartie, Holmes, & Edwards are suited up elsewhere and the Jets are unable get back to the playoffs, you can say "I told you so" until then, it's just wishful thinking. 

Troll...you would trade the entire roster of the Jests and their XXXXXXL coach for the roster of the Patriots and their coach in a NY minute...and you know it!

Typical Jets fan...your team finally wins one playoff game against the Pats, and you act like your Goblins have won three championships in a row. Win something...be it the division, the conference...something...before coming over here to crow...clown...LOL!!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Do you know how you can tell when a team has peaked?  When they start to perform worse when the games are played.  All of you fortune tellers here predicting al of this stuff AGAIN this year.  It is beyond pathetic.  And yes, you did mention those Patriots injuries, except you said they overcame them, they didn't. The Jets currently have no less than what they had in 2009 with 20 million to spend.  Good teams are built upon dependable running games and solid defenses.  Are you suggesting that the Jets don't have those?

Wrong. The best teams are built on solid D and a great QB. You are an anachronism with such dated thinking.

Pick up the pace cheater.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : I just love it when you start with the excuses.  So, Brady scores 25 points in each of the other games in the first quarter of the season, averages more than 28 point in all the games before the bye, yet the reason why he was outplayed by a rookie QB in his second game in the NFL was because he was hurt a year before that?  Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  Are you saying that a rookie had an advantage over a 9 year veteran who was fully healed and had played in the preseason?  You just can't make this up.  If it's not crying about the bad calls it's crying about guys that were hurt the year before. I guess you'll be using Bodden's injury last year to explain why that pass D still blows this year.

The jest came to play after an embarassing loss, the Pat's O-linne and defense didn't.

Pat's fans expect Brady must perform superhuman feats to overcome the ineptitude of the rest of the team. He gets sacked 5 times and the D looks like swiss cheese (Sanchez could have had a ham sandwich back there on most of the pass plays) and it's a "team loss" despite him throwing an 89 PR with 299 yards and 2 TD (1-int).

How many times does a team win that allows their QB to be sacked 5 times?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : The jest came to play after an embarassing loss, the Pat's O-linne and defense didn't. Pat's fans expect Brady must perform superhuman feats to overcome the ineptitude of the rest of the team. He gets sacked 5 times and the D looks like swiss cheese (Sanchez could have had a ham sandwich back there on most of the pass plays) and it's a "team loss" despite him throwing an 89 PR with 299 yards and 2 TD (1-int). How many times does a team win that allows their QB to be sacked 5 times?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You call me a homer...yet it seems that Tom Brady always get a pass from you, Babe. Aren't you being a bit hypocritical? That awful interception Brady threw trying to force a screen pass changed the complexion of that Jets' polayoff game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Brady was not his normal self in the playoff games versus the Jests. he was spooked and was bopping and weaving at ghosts.
    there were open receivers, but Brady's poecket presence (usually Mr. Cool) was what hindered the offense from succeeding.

The D was what we thought they were and could not win a close game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You call me a homer...yet it seems that Tom Brady always get a pass from you, Babe. Aren't you being a bit hypocritical? That awful interception Brady threw trying to force a screen pass changed the complexion of that Jets' polayoff game"

Indeed. And Brady did not seem to be in the game mentally - we didn't see him passionate on the sidelines, urging the guys on. He seemed shellshocked, like he wanted to be somewhere else. And pretty soon, he was. I'm a big Brady guy too, but he gets his share of the blame. Except in the case of "Babe", who thinks that he can shift all the blame off Brady and onto BB and the young defense and get credit for not drinking Koolaid. Such poor argumentation. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]The notion that Pioli's Drafts were strong and BB's are weak is also absurd. Lets name them; BB's 1) Bultler (nickel back) Bodden injury is shedding bad light on this kid he is a great third starter 2) Brace (Starter) Looked great to me in the pre season 2 sacks a forced fumble 12 tackle in two games.... Give me a break 3) Vollmer; Beast 4) Pryor; Value found in the 6th round 5) Ornhburger; Practice squad guy but he is developing, great pulling guard no so great in pass protection; signing a RB next year and changing our run:pass ratio may make him more valuable than you think 6) Edleman; Beast 7) Tate; Beast - i would give him mosses slot next year and spend that 10 million on the defense; go back to what made us the best; we have plenty of weapons for Brady ESPECIALLY if Ingram is Drafted! 8) Chung; Beast 9) Spikes; Beast 10) McCourty; Beast 11) Gronkowski; Beast 12) Hernandez; Beast x 2 13) Deaderick; quality 7th rounder on the depth chart 14) Larson; another quality pick on the depth chart 15) Cunningham; Promissing From 2002 to 2006 we absolutlely BLEW it but that was Pioli. If you want to call out someone on the drafts go post on KC's board
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

tagandtrade I love the Patriots and I can tell you do to! But please, PLEASE keep it realistic!! You call Edelman a beast?! Give me a break! The same Julian Edelman who last season had; 7 catches for 86 yards, 2 rushes for 14 yards, and 21 punt returns for 321 yards (15.3 yards per return). Those stats make Edelamn waht he is, a borderline 7th round prospect who has been able to stay on the team becasue of decent punt return skills. Lets not forge the few times TB12 targeted him last year he tended to DROP the ball! And this is coming from a guy that likes Edelman, not bashing him just keeping it real. You also say Tate-Beast?! haha I wont evne get into that one. I like Tate but right now as a 3rd round pick he is closer to bust than beast. ANd Ted Larsen/ he is a quality starting OG for Tampa. I know you wrote this a while ago but I just saw it for the first time and wanted to comment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]" You call me a homer...yet it seems that Tom Brady always get a pass from you, Babe. Aren't you being a bit hypocritical? That awful interception Brady threw trying to force a screen pass changed the complexion of that Jets' polayoff game" Indeed. And Brady did not seem to be in the game mentally - we didn't see him passionate on the sidelines, urging the guys on. He seemed shellshocked, like he wanted to be somewhere else. And pretty soon, he was. I'm a big Brady guy too, but he gets his share of the blame. Except in the case of "Babe", who thinks that he can shift all the blame off Brady and onto BB and the young defense and get credit for not drinking Koolaid. Such poor argumentation. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Cool your jets trollspanker. I never said Brady has a great game but ONE INTERCEPTION IS ONE INTERCEPTION NO MATTER HOW UGLY IT LOOKS.

Spare me the BS spin about how much he was yelling on the sidelines. He put up decent numbers and the D stank the f'n joint out against a low teir QB. That's reality.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Brady was not his normal self in the playoff games versus the Jests. he was spooked and was bopping and weaving at ghosts. there were open receivers, but Brady's poecket presence (usually Mr. Cool) was what hindered the offense from succeeding. The D was what we thought they were and could not win a close game.
    Posted by Patriots1970[/QUOTE]

Getting sacked 5 times takes the cool out of all QBs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

he was skittish from the outset and that even lead to the overthrow to BJGE that turned into an INT.

Brady was not on his game and a couple of the sacks came as he was not throwing the ball to the open receiver and was like a deer in the headlights holding on to the  ball too long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts :      You call me a homer...yet it seems that Tom Brady always get a pass from you, Babe. Aren't you being a bit hypocritical? That awful interception Brady threw trying to force a screen pass changed the complexion of that Jets' polayoff game.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

"changed the complexion" is what is called spin. That is when you ignore facts so you can warp the assessment to a view more suitable to one's liking.

It was one INT, early.Yeah, it was ugly and stupid, so what? It pales in comparison to the line allowing 5 sacks or the D giving up 14 points in the 4th quarter. Go check out what kind of numbers a QB usually puts up when he gets sacked 5 times. That's 5 drives down the tubes right there usually.

Just because Brady didn't rip open his shirt to reveal a Superman costume like he usually does to bail out a foundering team around him doesn't mean he played badly.

He played just okay. I never said he was great. The line and D didn't even reach that level. If they did, we would have won. And yeah, if Brady played great we would have won.

You can win often when your QB puts up an 89 rating.

You can win often when your QB throws 2 TD, and 1 INT.

You will seldom win when you give up 5 sacks.

You will seldom win when you allow 14 points in the last quarter.

You will seldom win when you allow a 70 passer to put up a 127.

Face reality. Pat's fans blame Brady for not bailing out a shaky line and a shaky D because they expect him to be awesome every time he plays to make up for it. That's unrealistic. The problem with this team is defense and the O-line, not Brady. Or am I wrong on that?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: its not coaching.....its the weak drafts : Just a couple more things to show your huge lack of some basic stuff...
    Again, complete ignorance. When did I say anything about Welker and Branch being young? I never even mentioned our WR corps. Well, we do have those guys which will get the job done for now, along with Edelman, Tate, and Price for the future. The Pats have a nice mix of experience and youth. You cannot tell me that you think the Jets will hold on to both Holmes and Edwards. Holmes has basically said that he is going to the highest bidder, and Edwards isn't going to ask for chump change. I would keep arguing with you but you apparently believe that there is no cap for the Jets. We will see what happens.

You missed that short pass to Holmes in overtime? I believe it was against the Lions. Sanchez made a short pass to Holmes, who always runs that inside slant to perfection. Holmes took it for 70 some odd yards and everyone was crowning Sanchez as the most Clutch QB since the dawn of time. Holmes and Edwards had a big impact on Sanchez' final numbers and overall play. Imagine if Brady had those guys? You would be claiming that Brady was only great because of his receivers. The fact is that with those star receivers (who the entire league seems to want in free agency), Sanchez was still a mediocre QB at best. Sanchez also led the league in dropped INTs by a large amount.

And yes, I believe that going 14-2 and winning the division counts as overcoming some major injuries.

You can call the Pats' backfield and overall defense sad, but it's the Jets who is going to be hurting soon. The Pats are young and inexperienced, while the Jets are made up of a bunch of vets and busts that will soon be retired or free agents. The majority of the team's money is tied up between about four players.

Cromartie is highly unlikely to return, Jenkins just retired, Jason Taylor will be done soon, Ellis is 34, Pouha is 32, LT is 32, Calvin Pace is 30, Bart Scott is 30, Cotchery is actually 29(when you correct me, you could at least get the age right).

Let us look at your receiver depth for a second:
    Holmes - Free agent
    Edwards - Free agent
    Cotchery - 29 and a free agent next year
    Smith - Free agent
    Logan Payne?
    Patrick Turner?
    Jeremy Kerley?
    Scotty McKnight?

You cannot tell me you aren't worried about that situation right there. Cotchery is NOT number one receiver material. He is a very good 3rd WR, but not a starter. Now let's assume you keep Edwards, because I feel like the Jets are going to do what they can to keep him. That leaves you with a good number one, a decent number two, and what else? If one of those guys gets hurt then what? There is no way the Jets have the same amount of talent that they did last year.

Going off of Walterfootball.com, your major free agents to be are:
    QB:Mark Brunell, Kellen Clemens
    RB:Tony Richardson
    receivers I've mentioned
    OL: Wayne Hunter, Robert Turner
    DL: Shaun Ellis, Jenkins - retired
    LB: David Harris
    CB:Antonio Cromartie,Drew Coleman
    Safety:Brodney Pool, Eric Smith, James Ihedigbo
    ST: Folk

Now I don't know about you, but it looks like the Jets have a lot of holes to fill. You can reminisce about your superbowl victory against the Pats in the playoffs, but the Jets are running full steam towards a brick wall and you seem to be blind and running right beside them. The Pats have all the major pieces they had last year, but with more coming back and some with more experience. The Jets are losing some major parts of their team that almost made it. They need to sign rookies and fill all those holes while staying under the cap(yes, there will be a cap this year).

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

On a team that went 14-2 to say it's all coaching is silly...the coaches don't play and when: New England drafted 24 players, 4 starters, 16 on the roster, and 8 not on roster, 16 players with 2 years experience or less between 2009-2010. I think 14-2 is preety good for a young team
    http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/

25. This post has been removed.