Its NOT that they lost, its HOW they lost...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Its NOT that they lost, its HOW they lost...

Some people seem to make the excuse that its not a big deal that the Pats lost that game because they didnt need it....

Well if that was not an important game to the team then why did BB play his starters?

Why was Brady so upset after the game and not talk to the press?

How could you possibly think that any game is not important to BB?

Every game matters to a Belichick coached team.  He rested guys that for the most part would have been inactive anyways. 

Back to my point, this team lost once again the same way they lost 5 of the 6 games this year.

Horrible play calling in the 2nd half.

Poor defense in the 2nd half.

Losing games in the 4th qtr with a lead.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

Re: Its NOT that they lost, its HOW they lost...

Well...

Brady was probably upset that his pet receiver Welker blew out his knee. If my friend and right hand was gone as we headed into the post season..I would not want to talk either.

However....

Horrible play calling in the 2nd half.

Poor defense in the 2nd half.

Yeah....this is how the Pats always have lost this year. 

We do not have the personell to win 4qtrs of an NFL game.  Upgrades at DB and pass rusher are needed. Also, we need another big threat receiver to compliment Randy Moss.  The Pats also need to cut the crap and actually grab a high pick at RB next year.  I like Taylor and Morris, but come on....look at all the good young backs in the league now...Ravens: Rice, Broncos: Moreno, Vikings: Peterson, Colts: Brown.

We have a bust: Maroney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Did anyone mention how Mayo was manhandled yesterday?  He was dominated one on one, which isn't good news for the Patriots defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

We don't need upgrades at DB. We need pass rushers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It's the fact that 4 of their 6 losses were like this.  Heck you could even throw the first Jets game into the mix with the dismal 2nd half performance.  For whatever reason that many times isn't a fluke.  Makes you wonder though why they can't correct it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

One other thought....Mayo being manhandled.....Guyton didn't seem to have that good a game and I haven't rally focused on him this year.  Perhaps there is too much pressure on him (Mayo) to be the end all be all.

Guyton has speed but, doesn't seem to be a great stopper out there.  Perhaps this is why he wasn't drafted (i.e. great skills, questionable football prowess).  Dunno anyone else wish to comment??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Guyton is solid, not spectacular. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrone McKenzie take his starting job next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

there should be concerened about yesterday's game, it proved once again our secondary and pass rush are BAD!!! and I don't mean the good bad I mean the BAD BAD!
    Do you think that Matt Shaub is better than phillip rivers and his receivers, I don't, if we can't find a way to presure the QB Phillip Rivers will look well will look bradiesk

I'm a bit worried about an early exit in the playoffs, I just hope we last enough to face the colts.  They are ready for the taken.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Yeah....NE still has two possible LB's for next year.  Mckenenzie and the big question Crable....NE should definately spend the first pick to address the pass rush situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Guyton is a backup and Mayo can't shed blockers

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

For next year I'd like to see the following changes

1. New offense/defense coords.

2. Pass rusher or two brought in

3. 3rd WR upgrade

4. Get younger at RB and add a dedicated FB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I think BJGE did a good job at FB for Taylor yesterday.  He might be a possibility.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Mayo was manhandled yesterday because their two best DLs were on the sidelines, and they played again at times w/one DL, and at times none.  Mayo is a solid LB, and a future Pro Bowler.  Guyton is a serviceable LB, and will be ok going fwd.  We have no clue about McKenzie other than the fact that he looks like the backup QB that always looks better than a struggling starter.  That being said this D is a ferocious pass rusher from being very good, and a true shut down CB from being absolutely dominant.  Of course 80% of the teams in the league could say that, and those two positions don't come cheap (Asante Samuel). 

As for yesterday's oddity, it was a strange game indeed and though their was a 4th quarter implosion on both sides (Hou last 2 scoring drives STARTED at the 34 and 28 yd lines due to an inept ability to move the ball - not many Ds making those stops this season).  All told the game meant nothing, and the season starts over.  Like em v Balt at home, but at SD that will be a very difficult task on the road.