Iupati or Pouncey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Iupati or Pouncey

Who do you prefer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Iupati or Pouncey

I would take Iupati if he were there at 22, he can step right in, make the injured Neal a backup and just MAUL people at RG for a year, his natural position.

After he gets his feet wet as a rookie there is always the option that he can be moved to RT, with Vollmer at LT, giving us 13'2" and 650lbs of line bookends for a decade. This is prob Light's last year in NE.

I understand that Pouncey is that rare 1st rd talent Center who could also start at RG and replace Coppen down the line.... but I feel like we should have Koppen (he's just 30), Mankins and Vollmer for years to come and that a guy born to destoy men on the right side would be great, Tom needs protection as he hits his mid 30's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rameakap - if you don't want people questioning your football knowledge you atleast have to spell Koppens name right, considering he's been our starting C since 03'.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

pouncey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomGyzMViKY

this was the only film i could find on pouncey. they did not show much but i like the leverage and where he has his feet wrt the dl he's resposibe for. the written word on him seems conssitent with what is shown here. if that's how he plays consistently, then he's a good catch in the 2nd half of the first rnd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhVxlK5cS8E&feature=related

iupati, i am mixed about. he is big and strong and has a mean mindset. however, he i see a lot of holding penalties in his future if he does not improve his technique. he's legs are often ot of position, he ends up behind his man. i would not take him the first round. but if bb does, then i would guess the problem is nothing that bb cannot fix.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Iupati or Pouncey:
    Rameakap - if you don't want people questioning your football knowledge you atleast have to spell Koppens name right, considering he's been our starting C since 03'.
    Posted by PatsEng

haha good point, I'll edit that.. I never remember if it is a C or a K... I guess those Centers don't get much attention

and yes I have watched all but 2-3 games since '03 and saw Koppen at BC...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I've watched every game Maurkice Pouncey has played for UF and if he's available at #22 you don't even stop to think of who else is there.Quite honestly he'll be a starter immediately even though Koppen is Center! This guy is a man beast and has the most explosive move from the center position I've ever seen. If you just want him as a pulling guard until Koppen retires he can easily handle either RG or LG and all the Patriots would do is annihilate opposing teams defenses on the run. Folks He's really that good! However he's not a surprise pick and every other GM and HC knows how good he really is,so the real question is will he be available?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Iupati or Pouncey : haha good point, I'll edit that.. I never remember if it is a C or a K... I guess those Centers don't get much attention and yes I have watched all but 2-3 games since '03 and saw Koppen at BC...
    Posted by rameakap

Lol no biggy, we've just had this huge onset of trolls lately so people tend to be a bit jumpy on people and miss spelling players names sends up a red flag. 

Iupati is a really nice player but I don't think he can move to C. Pouncey on the other hand is a rare talent at that position. It seems like G's are almost a dime a dozen and BB has done well picking them up in later rounds but C's are hard to come by so I'd go towards Pouncey if Graham, Odrick, or Kindle were gone

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Don't know which, but it sounds like both might be off the board.  If one is there, I bet he gets serious consideration as their pick. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

Posted by PatsEng

Can you please use an apostrophe in between the "n" and the "s" in Koppen's name so that we know you're trying to show possession instead of plurality!
    Good God Man!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Iupati or Pouncey : Can you please use an apostrophe in between the "n" and the "s" in Koppen's name so that we know you're trying to show possession instead of plurality! Good God Man!!!
    Posted by underdogggg

lol nice under. Yeah that was my mistake. I type to fast and sometimes the keyboard doesn't pick up everything. I try to proof read but as you can see with most my posts theres always a letter or indicator missing somewhere

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Neither will be available at 22 but I'm game, Pouncey.  Gives you a very good C and good option at guard.  Iupati (just heard this on NFL Network) tends to hold too much and gets too many flags.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

I would go with Pouncey because he is a more versatile lineman(can play RT or Lt or Center) while as far as I know Iupati can only play Lt or Rt. We all know how Coach Belichick loves players that are extra versatile! So there you go.