Jabar Gaffney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

Jabar Gaffney

The first person that was ecstatic when Jabar Gaffney signed was Tom himself. When Gaffney left, via Free Agency, he got better over the next three years as showned by the stats obviously. In the three years that follwed, Gaffney had a combined 187 catches, 2,554 Yds. Receiving, and 9 Touchdowns. That is with quaterbacks such as Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Rex Grossman, and John Beck. When you do what Gaffney did with those quarterbacks, that says how good you are as a wide receiver. Gaffney, while not know as a burner, has a knack at getting deep and getting open for that matter. Gaffney just has a knack at being open and making circus-type catches on top of it just like Brandon Lloyd. I'm pretty sure The Pats regret not re-signing him the first time, but its great he is back. If there is one player Tom is happy to have back, Jabar Gaffney is the one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Jabar Gaffney

You know, Gaffney was just here a coup,e of years ago. We didn't forget how reliable he is, even 2007 wagon jumpers were here to remember that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In Response to Re: Jabar Gaffney:
    [QUOTE]You know, Gaffney was just here a coup,e of years ago. We didn't forget how reliable he is, even 2007 wagon jumpers were here to remember that.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but a couple of years ago can feel like a long time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yeah, he's solid, has come up with some clutch catches. Camp is going to be very very interesting. This team is loaded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Yeah, I really enjoyed the reliability Jabar brought when he played for the Pats back in the day. Nice to have him back

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

love this signing, my favorite signing besides lloyd

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Like the Gaffney signing. Competition at w/r is going to be off the charts.  Barring injury (I know, I know) this is one offensive juggernaut of a team.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Adding ths guy helped alot. We are loaded at WR. Glad Giselle spoke up after the SB. We got back some reliable fast ex-Patriots.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a big fan of Gaffney.  The thing I that I can't figure out is how all this receiving talent will improve our offense to any great degree.  We were so great last year and finding guys to catch balls was not really our problem.  If the goal is to run the ball more often, we will need someone who can run the ball effectively from running formations.  If we run the ball more often that means fewer pass attempts, completions & touches for our absolute best players on the team.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

the problem we had was speed, trying to break away from the CB, so TB could loft it accuratley without getting an INT. Enter Lloyd, Stallworth, Gaffney

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats will keep 6 WRs this season, Slater is a lock for STs so that leaves 5 real WRs. Gaffney, Welker and Lloyd are locks if they stay healthy. That leaves only 2 WR spots to compete over. Gonzalez, Stallworth, Davis and Roark are automatic cuts. Gonzalez can't stay healthy, Stallworth can't run routes (pure speed, nothing else is done well) and Davis and Roark weren't going to make it anyway. That leaves Edelman, Branch, Ochocinco and Ebert competing for spots. Ebert and Edelman are competing for the same spot. KR/PR and Welker's back-up. Ocho and Branch are doing the same, fourth WR and Gaffney and Lloyd's understudy. If Ebert can't play ST he'll likely get the axe and be placed on PS. If Ocho learns his playbook he should rightfully beat out Branch because at no point in time has Branch been a better WR than Ochocinco. Ocho is just dumb, apparently, but Branch is washed-up. So... Welker Lloyd Gaffney Ochocinco Edelman Slater My WR depth chart.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

the key to the addition of these WRs is that there will be more depth. Lloyd is himself a dynamic weapon that you have to account for on the field. adding a reliable Gaffney and Ochocinco/Branch, you've got a bit of versatility. other threats that need to be recognized. and the ability to substitute receivers out. players can get rest. with Fells and Larsen added, we can see Hernandez and Gronk get less snaps, less chance at injury, and more productive individual snaps.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"So...
    Welker
    Lloyd
    Gaffney
    Ochocinco
    Edelman
    Slater
    My WR depth chart"

Edelman had 4 catches last year and 7 the year before.  Only way he makes the team is on Special Teams.  Brady stopped throwing him the ball after he dropped TD passes in consecutive games 2 years ago.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I would rather have branch rather than ocho any day branch is a real pat ocho could do anything last year and in the sb didnt do ish CLOWN

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jabar Gaffney : Are you still defending giving up picks and BB re-signing Ocho?  What is wrong with you?  There's no shame in admitting it was a bad deal, it happens.  The shame is not admitting it.  You look like some kind of complete homer, except for the part about you bashing Brady constantly.  A true homer wouldn't do that.  Instead you just seem to have this infatuation with all things BB - hoodies, Ocho, Haynesworth.  It's pretty weird.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

BB didn't resign ocho, he restructured him and forced him to take a pay cut!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Before anyone starts putting anything down in stone why not see what camp
    brings forth?  Consensus on Ocho seems somehwat unaniomous but I for one remain curious to see how he performs a year later  and more familar with his livelihood on the line.  Seriously who wants to go from the Penthouse to the Outhouse?  And that's exactly how anyone not making our fifty-three man roster
    should feel in '12 too....Incentive much?

Can't wait...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

all good stuff. fly in the ointment is that Gaff is 32 years old, Branch is 33 years old, Lloyd is 31 years old and Stallworth is 32 years old. None of them plays special teams. I thought Branch really showed signs of slowing down the last 5-6 games last year. I thought Gaff was a step slow in 07...is he 2 or 3 steps slow now?

What I cant get answers to is whats the deal with Edelman? The guy appears to be a YAC type guy when we see him returning punts. Why not utilize his ability in the offense? End arounds, flanker screens. Watching him return punts, he shows burst, wiggle and toughness. Put the ball in his hands more often.