Jahvid Best to the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

Jahvid Best to the Pats?

A Cal alum who has watched the pitiful season this year, I'm not about to praise Best as he wasn't consistent and was frequently singled out by other teams  - but he does have boat-loads of talent, can make the moves, makes big plays, and should be able to become a role RB.  Maybe even an every-down RB.  He's also a team player, got good character, and could fit into the Patriot Way.

The Pats' stable is aging and Best could be available in the late 1st round and complement our more grind-it-out RBs next season.  Your east coast bias aside - should they go for him? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Re: Jahvid Best to the Pats?

First: 9/29/2009
    Last: 1/8/2010
    I still think those two girls are scarier than the helicopter

LOL Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

@ k-max,

hes talking about cals pitiful season... hes not talking about the pats.  just wanted to clear that up.

GO PATS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

I would hope that he wasn't talking about the Pats.....that would be pitiful.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Like him, but in the second.  Didnt he have a concussion recently too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Sorry, my bad.  I don't follow Cal and it looked like you were calling the Patriots season pitiful.

Thanks Fowler

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i hope so, Jahvid is a beast, and he reminds me a lot of K-Faulk

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Reminds me more of Chris Johnson than Faulk. Can't block like Faulk, but is much more elusive than Faulk ever was.

I saw Best's first college game and have been keeping a close eye on him ever since.

Best has pretty good hands too. I'd take him with our first pick in the second, but perhaps not before.

There are other shifty backs throughout the first 4 rounds. Since Faulk might still be highly productive next year, it might make more since to take somebody like Noel Devine later on, and develop him, assuming he comes out this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think we need 2 backs in the near future, a K Faulk like back and a bruising back for short yardage.  Hopefully both can catch too!  Yes I can dream

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

From what I could tell, he's pretty versatile.  It would be nice to have an every-down, dual threat back instead of having to substitute constantly.

There's something to having a Tomlinson/Johnson/Jackson/et al, a back who teams don't know if you're going to run or pass with.

Faulk broadcasts pass and the draw yardage isn't worth it as much.  Maroney/Taylor broadcast run, or else can't help you catching out of the backfield as much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

either him or Noel Divine[RB, WVU], they both have similar aspects to their game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

1 to keep a eye on Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss.

McCluster became the first player in SEC history to rush for 1,000 yards and have 500 receiving yards in the same season.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4804576

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

McCluster is rising on the charts too.  He's not a secret.

With all the juniors coming out I wonder where Best will end up.  He might be a 2nd rounder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat. Show seattlepat's posts

i agree with nickc's point about needing a versatile back. i just don't know if i am willing to get that at the expense of the ability to block. just recently, i saw LT get run over by ngata. i don't think i can stand seeing that happen with the pats...especially after what happened to TB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Any 3rd down back will have to block for us.  Our hammer type back can possibly get away with less blocking, but then again we have been spoiled for years with    K-Faulk

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No more first rounder choices until 2011.  Belichick will usually trade away a late first round pick for two or three second rounders or for a 2011 first rounder plus change, and usually someone else will make that offer.  If Best drops a bit, then maybe,  --

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

No, hes not a first rounder and has shown as such. Lots of potential, but between rounds 2-4 you can get a very good back. Mcknight might be available in the mid-late second round and can spilt out wide or more likely to the slot. I think he can handle around 20 touches a game. Ive been watching him since his senior year in high school, hes been a lil' disappointing, but thats mostly because of the hype that surrounded him. Interesting though, he played rec in high school. Also Devine is very intriguing, he looks to be around in the late 2nd-mid 3rd. Im not usually for taking r/b's in the first except for very few. If I were to break that mold Id prolly go w/ Dwyer/Spiller. One other thing is that I wish everyone would stop sucking on Bill's tip when it comes to the draft. Their have been plenty of very good players in the first round the last couple of years. Why not take them. Harvin was just the latest example of that, move up two spots and how dynamic is this offense with him. I know everyone loves to talk about his skills in the draft, which in some cases are true, but hes missed quite a bit as well. Same goes for F/A.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Paul K, BB has done that once and only once.  ALL of the other first rd picks in his time coaching have been picked.  So implying he will trafe away the pick is just wrong and inaccurate.