JaMarcus Russell??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: JaMarcus Russell??

You never know. The Pats do seem to have a way with developing QB Talent. At this point I think Hoyer would probably outperform him but I'm for bringng anyone in if the price is right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If there is anyone who could mold Russell into being a serviceable NFL QB it would be Belichick. Look what the man has done with QBs that had nothing special written on their scouting reports, but he wouldn't fit the Hood's system. 

Belichick's QB system

Intelligent - Believe it or not, J-mac scored a 24 (I was shocked because he was a Southerner--I jk, I jk. I'm sure the South has very intelligent people), Brady scored 33, the NFL average is 24. Learning BB's offense wouldn't be a problem. 

Accurate - This is where Russell fails. He's never been too accurate. He's always been a Culpepper type QB. Just throws deep. 

Hard woking leader of the offense - He's always over-weight, usually late to camp, last guy in and the first out. Not a fit. 

Responds to adversity - Cried like a baby when he lost his job to Gradkowski. 

Has to be able to play in all-weather conditions - Russell has lived in a warm weather state his whole life. He's not very good in the calm peaceful weather of the Southern Californian' sun, I seriously doubt he would do well in a New England snow storm. 

No room for more than 2 QBs. If he can transform into a DE it would be nice. I mean a 6'6 260 while running a 4.8... Shweeeetttttt!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

My question with this guy isn't whether or not he's got the raw material, or if he can learn. What I see from JaMarcus Russell is a troubling lack of work ethic. I don't think you can teach that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'd rather sign Ryan Leaf. He wasn't this big of a bust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I got hit with a football in the head today, pretty certain JaMarcus Russell threw it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Why not?!!
    BB loves versatility. He could double as an extra linebacker with his size.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

There has to be better "projects" out there than wasting more time and effort on Jacarcass

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: JaMarcus Russell??:
    There has to be better "projects" out there than wasting more time and effort on Jacarcass
    Posted by krismk
    The Jacarcass line is just TFF! ILMAO the first time I heard Jaws use Ja awful also....He is definately Jets material,fat and lazy will endear him immediately to the HC....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jim Plunkett was horrible, and was getting killed while with the Patriots. The Raiders ended up getting him (when they were good). After a few years of carrying a clip-board, he was far more than serviceable. Ditto with Steve Young. He floundered at Tampa Bay, before getting paroled to the Joe Montana led 49ers. After several years of clip-boarding, he became a Hall of Famer.

The physical talent with Russell is there. Please don't compare this kid to that psycho, Ryan Leaf. I believe that Russell was grossly mishandled in Oakland, and, in the right situation, could be salvageable. If he can be salvaged, he has a chance to become a very good, not serviceable, NFL QB.

That said, I don't know the kid...and I don't know whether he has the football fire in him. But, it's been my experience that most people are willing to work and strive, when placed in the right environment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: JaMarcus Russell?? : The Jacarcass line is just TFF! ILMAO the first time I heard Jaws use Ja awful also....He is definately Jets material,fat and lazy will endear him immediately to the HC....
    Posted by sportsbozo1

LOL!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

I said serviceable, not into the next Joe Montana. Do you know what serviceable means?  David Garrad is a serviceable QB, Kylie Orton is a serviceable QB. I never said Belichick was going to make him into an all-star and no one actually said they wanted the Patriots to sign Russell. Calm the f*ck down. Jesus Christ.
    Posted by 49Patriots

How in the hell is Jamarcus Russel "serviceable?" Did they change the definition of serviceable to mean "one who sux donkeyballz?" If Russell is a serviceable QB, then father Geaghan would be a "serviceable" babysitter!
    You can't teach work ethic. You either have it, or you don't. Doughboy Russell would be more serviceable as a tackling dummy than a back-up QB.
    For those of you who think Bill Belicheck can mold anyone into the next great QB, please stop deluding yourself. He's so bad, I saw him get called for intentional grounding when he was actually trying to hit a receiver! He is that bad!
    I'd rather have a 45 year old Vinny Testaverde back up Brady than Russell!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to JaMarcus Russell??:
         Could the Patriots be the tonic he needs? He supposedly has been talking with the Jets. But, the Pats would be a better fit for him. There's no questioning his raw talent. Could BB modify what's between his ears? The guy was the #1 overall pick in 2007. Maybe two or three years of carrying a clip-board, and learning at the feet of one of the all-time greats, could resurrect his career? For the right price, this could be an intriguing move for the Pats: http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/02/jamarcus-russell-and-the-jets/?partner=TOPIXNEWS&ei=5099
    Posted by TexasPat3

In theory, it could be  a good move. The question is whether his attitude can ever be improved. From what I've read about this guy, that sounds unlikely. I've read that with the Raiders, he spent more time on flights back and forth to Vegas than he ever did in the film room.

I'd say sign him to the practice squad and see if he's learned anything from being unemployed. The only problem here is that I believe any team can pull any other teams' practice squad players onto their own 53 man roster. It would sukk to give jamarcus a chance here, see him finally start to show something, then have him snatched away by another team.

Too bad because it would be an interesting project to watch. I just can't see BB taking up a roster spot for another clipboard holder. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Maybe the Pats can polish a turd, but why bother when they could work on someone who already has accuracy, leadership, and talent.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Thank God he doesn't have to remember to breath or he would of been dead a long time ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Jacarcass to the patriots? don't make me laugh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

With all the holes the Pats must fill on the defensive side of the football.  Somehow the idea of bringing in a morbidly obese complete bust of a QB just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Jim Plunkett was horrible, and was getting killed while with the Patriots. The Raiders ended up getting him (when they were good). After a few years of carrying a clip-board, he was far more than serviceable. Ditto with Steve Young. He floundered at Tampa Bay, before getting paroled to the Joe Montana led 49ers. After several years of clip-boarding, he became a Hall of Famer.      The physical talent with Russell is there. Please don't compare this kid to that psycho, Ryan Leaf. I believe that Russell was grossly mishandled in Oakland, and, in the right situation, could be salvageable. If he can be salvaged, he has a chance to become a very good, not serviceable, NFL QB.      That said, I don't know the kid...and I don't know whether he has the football fire in him. But, it's been my experience that most people are willing to work and strive, when placed in the right environment.     
    Posted by TexasPat3

This guy made more money then Tom Brady, Peyton manning, Phil Rivers, almost every QB in 2007. He was drafted ahead of

Calvin Johnson
    Adrian Peterson
    Patrick Willis
    Lawrence Timmons
    Leon Hall
    Darrelle Revis
    Jon Beason and of course the Great Ted Ginn JR LOL

If he does not make it back into this league as a starting Qb then I will say he is a bigger bust then drug pushing Ryan Leaf.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: JaMarcus Russell?? : How in the hell is Jamarcus Russel "serviceable?" Did they change the definition of serviceable to mean "one who sux donkeyballz?" If Russell is a serviceable QB, then father Geaghan would be a "serviceable" babysitter! You can't teach work ethic. You either have it, or you don't. Doughboy Russell would be more serviceable as a tackling dummy than a back-up QB. For those of you who think Bill Belicheck can mold anyone into the next great QB, please stop deluding yourself. He's so bad, I saw him get called for intentional grounding when he was actually trying to hit a receiver! He is that bad! I'd rather have a 45 year old Vinny Testaverde back up Brady than Russell!
    Posted by Bradyfan1972

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JaMarcus Russell?? : If there is anyone who could mold Russell into being a serviceable NFL QB it would be Belichick. Look what the man has done with QBs that had nothing special written on their scouting reports, but he wouldn't fit the Hood's system.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

You dumba$$, I said if anyone COULD make him into a serviceable QB it was Belichick. I never said anything about Russell's talent level right now. Read, you idiot. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This idea is starting to grow on me.

Richard Seymour 6-6 310

Jamarcus Russel  6-6 275

Could fill the hole at RDE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Time to put down the pipe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

N****F****W****

If we have to take on a project, I would it rather be on the OL, DL or OLB...

Please not this guy !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Why does this thread get more feedback then actual team discussions? I've confused myself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

JaMarcus Russell??

Hakim's Razor states: "With all things being equal , the simplest explanation/answer is normally the right one"

J Russell is as bad as we have seen him play. (And work out) I'll pass.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to JaMarcus Russell??:
    Hakim's Razor states: "With all things being equal , the simplest explanation/answer is normally the right one" J Russell is as bad as we have seen him play. (And work out) I'll pass.
    Posted by gmbill

Actually, that's Occum's razor.

His problems never had to do with his ability, it was his lazy, complacent attitude, once the checks started coming in. He loved the spotlight and his celebrity status but he just never progressed as an NFL QB. He kept making the same mistakes again and again. The raiders stuck with him because of his ability but eventually even they had to cut their losses.