Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I hold a BMF.  Does that count?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

your not supposed to hold those... it will mess up your internal system...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Look at Shaun Hill's perspective-

"Any franchise Caucasian quarterback will get unlimited opportunities to realize their potential," says Shaun King, an African-American who quarterbacked the Tampa Bay Bucs to the NFC Championship Game in 1999. "If Jay Cutler left Chicago, and even if he played badly, he's always going to be viewed as a franchise QB. For African-Americans, their value is strictly tied to their current performance. It's tough to stick up for Vince Young because his immaturity has been a consistent issue, but a Caucasian QB that has been as successful as Vince Young wouldn't be pulled as much as him."

Cutler will NEVER be viewed by me as a franchise QB. Shaun is wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Hispanics weren't generally enslaved by whites, but their Indian ancestors were merely wiped out by smallpox and other diseases.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

did mayans enslave other cultures in their general area?? would they be considered hispanic??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : did mayans enslave other cultures in their general area?? would they be considered hispanic??
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]Yes, thats why when the spanish came (cortez) they fought on his side,the mayans were hated by other tribes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]at are you, JDolt?hIn Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : And what are you, JDolt?
    An AMERICAN veteran of the 82nd airborne division, that served with pleasure along side fellow soldiers of all colors from all states, Grenada, Guam, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and other places. Your point you're trying to make with this is what?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

To our chatroom genetic theorists:

I've read The Bell Curve too, as well as the The Mismeasure of Man, along with a number of other papers and articles from scholars, some of which make a case or debunk the theories of race differences. 

I'm sorry to say that if you really believe there are inherent differences in race it's because you want to believe it since it suits your personal beliefs and world view.  And if you're anonymously taking your position public on this posting board, it's because you have an agenda.  Theories are just that, and for every theory that you subscribe to, there is another refuting all of its findings.

This started out as a discussion of racism, perceived or real, and then morphed into a discussion of slavery and oppression, and has now gone down a road that, in my opinion, doesn't merit further response, except to say that it's clear that anonymity empowers people to say things that they wouldn't otherwise.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]To our chatroom genetic theorists: I've read The Bell Curve too, as well as the The Mismeasure of Man, along with a number of other papers and articles from scholars, some of which make a case or debunk the theories of race differences.  I'm sorry to say that if you really believe there are inherent differences in race it's because you want to believe it since it suits your personal beliefs and world view.  And if you're anonymously taking your position public on this posting board, it's because you have an agenda.  Theories are just that, and for every theory that you subscribe to, there is another refuting all of its findings. This started out as a discussion of racism, perceived or real, and then morphed into a discussion of slavery and oppression, and has now gone down a road that, in my opinion, doesn't merit further response, except to say that it's clear that anonymity empowers people to say things that they wouldn't otherwise.          
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Rob,

You are obviously an intelligent educated human.  Yet, you are ignorant of the fact that different races have different average attributes.  Let's take a simple case like the concrete measureable variable height (lets not debase ourselves with the whole scchlong size thing).  Yes or no is the average average African American taller than the average Asian American?  Pretty simple stuff wouldn't you say.  There are many physical and mental attributes that can be measured, and you will always find different races having different proclivities.  I know you know this to be true. 

I was raised by a single mother and spent much of my childhood in a place called Park Home in Newport RI.  It was public housing.  While I am not a great man, I did put myself through university and have travelled the world on various ventures including some major philanthropic pursuits.  I dare say that not many of the kids I grew up with (i.e. raised in the same environment) achieved the level of success that I have.  Why is that?

I express my opinions pretty much every where I go.  If you are saying that I'm a coward hiding behind a computer screan, I'd be happy to meet you for coffee or maybe a 40oz bottle of brew, and I'm sure we could have an educated civil discussion about our views.

You never answered my question about Boener. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I haven't read all the posts yet but this was the same woman who called rooting for the Celtics rooting for Hitler during the 08 playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I object to that article and I am a half African Italian and half Native American. Also I am Jewish, blind, and an amputee flight attendant. And I have a PH. D. In fact, the only minority I am not a member is your special interest group - the hemaphrodites. Which is great because when I say G F Y, you really can!
    Posted by neali[/QUOTE]ARE you currently training to be a pilot for south west.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]To our chatroom genetic theorists: I've read The Bell Curve too, as well as the The Mismeasure of Man, along with a number of other papers and articles from scholars, some of which make a case or debunk the theories of race differences.  I'm sorry to say that if you really believe there are inherent differences in race it's because you want to believe it since it suits your personal beliefs and world view.  And if you're anonymously taking your position public on this posting board, it's because you have an agenda.  Theories are just that, and for every theory that you subscribe to, there is another refuting all of its findings. This started out as a discussion of racism, perceived or real, and then morphed into a discussion of slavery and oppression, and has now gone down a road that, in my opinion, doesn't merit further response, except to say that it's clear that anonymity empowers people to say things that they wouldn't otherwise.          

Same old Rob.  Alright mate?  Haven't seen you here in yonks. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I respectfully disagree, the author is sort of confusing class with race.  Racism is a bias, (a bias is a belief held on scant or no information), based on a racial difference.  Of course blacks can be racist.  I'm not saying that they all are anymore than all whites are.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Dessalines,
     I don't agree with your assessment, but I appreciate the response. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Just throwing this out there, but...

Black people sold their own people into slavery to the whites. Nobody really mentions that though. Still doesn't make it right on the white folks' part, but there's blame to go around.

Anyway, I agree Jamele Hill is out of line. Unfortunately, you see this a lot in sports. Down here where I live, "the 2 live Stews" is a big radio show. It's run by two African-American brothers (they really are brothers - as in blood related). They are very entertaining and funny to listen to, but they always side with black players over whites. It gets old. At the beginning of the season, they listed who they thought were the 3 best QBs in the league. Their list, in this order, was:

1. Donovan McNabb
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Drew Brees

What has McNabb done to be viewed as better than the other 2? And why was Brady not on the list? They've also gone on record saying things like Roethlesburger shouldn't be allowed to play anymore, but Vick should.

I like the dudes and all, but their bias is obvious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

I don't know about blacks..but according to Ishmael..the Amish do the same work you and I do (the average white man I guess) plus half.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Same old Rob.  Alright mate?  Haven't seen you here in yonks. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

This has to be Liam?!  What up?  Haven't see you since last year at An Tua Nua?  Still living in Boston, or monitoring this site from the 'burgh?  Hope all is well with you and Isobel. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know about blacks..but according to Ishmael..the Amish do the same work you and I do (the average white man I guess) plus half.
    Posted by rochfan[/QUOTE]

Let's hope Ms. Hill doesn't get Munsoned.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Liberals have no soul?  Is that why the right wants to do away with the Civil Rights Act?
    I repeat liberals kill babies they cant take the moral high ground on anything. Anything......ever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : This has to be Liam?!  What up?  Haven't see you since last year at An Tua Nua?  Still living in Boston, or monitoring this site from the 'burgh?  Hope all is well with you and Isobel. 

'Tis I Robbo, thought I'd say hello.  Still living in town, headed back home with Bel for a Holiday in late Dec.  Christmas in Leith!  Can't wait.  Give us a call if you're up for a wee drink some time.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I am no racist by any stretch of the imagination, but, one thing I notice the most.. of all the ethnicities in the world, the African-American group uses the race card the most to whine about their plight.  Everything that is not good happening to them is simply a matter of race.  Any other race who uses a race card would be ostricized for making the same statements we see from the African-American group.  Talk about entitlement mentality!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : 'Tis I Robbo, thought I'd say hello.  Still living in town, headed back home with Bel for a Holiday in late Dec.  Christmas in Leith!  Can't wait.  Give us a call if you're up for a wee drink some time.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Bet!  Let's do it to it before you leave.  Still on Y, you can get me there.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I object to that article and I am a half African Italian and half Native American. Also I am Jewish, blind, and an amputee flight attendant. And I have a PH. D. In fact, the only minority I am not a member is your special interest group - the hemaphrodites. Which is great because when I say G F Y, you really can!
    Posted by neali[/QUOTE]

I had no idea Robbie Robertson posted here.  hehe

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Just throwing this out there, but... Black people sold their own people into slavery to the whites. Nobody really mentions that though. Still doesn't make it right on the white folks' part, but there's blame to go around. Anyway, I agree Jamele Hill is out of line. Unfortunately, you see this a lot in sports. Down here where I live, "the 2 live Stews" is a big radio show. It's run by two African-American brothers (they really are brothers - as in blood related). They are very entertaining and funny to listen to, but they always side with black players over whites. It gets old. At the beginning of the season, they listed who they thought were the 3 best QBs in the league. Their list, in this order, was: 1. Donovan McNabb 2. Peyton Manning 3. Drew Brees What has McNabb done to be viewed as better than the other 2? And why was Brady not on the list? They've also gone on record saying things like Roethlesburger shouldn't be allowed to play anymore, but Vick should. I like the dudes and all, but their bias is obvious.
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]

That's embarrassing.  Do you still listen to that show?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

As an African American I might as well chime in on this.
    The media pushes racism as part of a political agenda. They create racism where it is "not" and ignore it where it actually exists. Although I am Black I am discrimintated against by Black people because I happen to be a conservative which is something frowned upon by Black community. I can honestly say I have been called an Uncle Tom many more times in my life than I have been called the N-Word. In fact I can count the number of times someone has called me the N-word on one hand and I can't even calculate how many times someone has called me an oreo or a sell out because I wanted to make something out of my life and didn't want to use race as an excuse. My conclusion: Racism in the 21st century and in this country is a lie that is used further political aganda's and seldom  is as just as the people that push it claim to be. There is also big money in racism if you know how to use it.

As far as Jamele Hill goes I wouldn't let it bother you. Some people have fallen into the trap of making up excuses as to why life isn't fair rather than just accepting the fact that life has never been fair and never will be.