Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

Exactly. It's a question of ethics.  Unless, of course, she feels she isn't doing anything out of the norm here because she is actually a racist, which obviosuly she clearly is.

She's quite the little character too. She acts like this is normal.

Yes, let's focus on the Lakers/Celts rivalry and put a big steamy turd on it when your only appreciation for it is centered around taking sides, between blacks and whites, with LA and Boston, respectively.

That's so lame, juvenile and racist.  Nice parents, Jamele.  Good work.  You may be intelligent, but you clearly were raised as a racist.

If a white writer did that, what she does, and said white players are smarter (for example), hence why they stay out of trouble more, I would expect blacks to be annoyed and consider it a racially tinged column.

Obviously.

Why should minorities use that angle and not be called out on it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : No, I didn't imply any such thing. I've already explicity stated why I asked both the background and experiences of discrimination. Go back and read. In addition, I am not defending her article. It's crap.  However, you've declared her as being a racist - and all that you have to support that is the fact that she has published numerous race-baiting articles. She is paid to write the crap, it doesn't make her racist.  She writes it cuz it  pays da bills. Now, if you told me that you had a chance to speak with her in person - and she got hostile with you and told you to get your cracker-azz out of her office....then you'd have a point.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Ok, so we just disagree. You feel she is not a racist and does this on the company order.  I think that is a cop out and you seem to be defending her or the instructions from ESPN.

I disagree.

I think she has the freedom to write as she wishes as does Howard Bryant. They choose to write about this, because they are infatuated with it and believe it.

Did ESPN force Bryant to write his book?  I don;t think so.

I do think ESPN tries to generate certain angles and I do feel they may advise their writers or talking heads, but if this was the case, they wouldn't have had her censor her own work before.

She had said that the Celtics were Hitler Mind you, Auerbach was Jewish and had a boatload of blacks in the NBA before it was popular) column removed or altered, I forget which. But, it was definitely addressed before.

So, a Jewish guy who was a great ambassador, basically built the NBA, tooko the person as the person and coached blacks, his team was "like Hitler" to ehr?

Gee, Jamele. Way to do your homework and not look like you have an agenda.

I am not a sensitive person when it comes to discussing historical topics to be able to discuss freely as a way to be able to hit on all aspects, but I just feel like there is no need for race to be focused on unless it's a retrospective piece on something that has to include race.

It's two different things (sports and race). This is totally unnecessary and prods at the back issues this country has had.

When will it end? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : 1. It's unlikely a non-black writer would take that angle. 2. But, yes, any time your premise or focus is centered around race, absolutely it's race baiting, black, white, yellow or green. We aren't discussing History or aspects of soceity or in taking Socio-Economics here. These guys get paid millions of dollars as a chip to make millions more for the owners.  Everyone is under the gun at that position. It's about winning and SBs. Doug Williams gets credit for catching fire and winning a SB. It was great, but he didn't have a great career. McNabb has had a GREAT career but has failed to the deliver the hardware. He also has technical flaws in his throws and hasn't shown to be the best leader. So be it. Can we just call it like it is on face value and judge people in this context on their merit? How hard is this?  If you're racist, apparently it's very hard.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I think you've gone off a tangent here. You're title declares that Jamele Hill is a racist.

We both agree that the article involves race-baiting.   Neither of us think much of the article because - as you've already state - it's just race-baiting crap.

We both agree - that these kinds of articles - and that the purpose of the media is about bringing in money.

She gets paid to do a job. Her job is to write inflammatory articles, because that's what her employer tells her to do.

You say - take it for face value - so, mebbe you should. Mebbe it's exactly that - a race baiting article. That doesn't mean she's racist.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

True, but we disagree.

This means you think she plays an angle because ESPN tells here to do so.  I don't think that is the case.

You may very well be correct, but this also means she has sold herself off and has absolutely zero principle.

So, I am half right. At the very least she is a phony perpetuating the issue.

You look at BrooklineRob and he's 1000 times the person Jamele Hill is. He's actually stemming the tide, not massaging it for money.

Some people get it, some don't.  Jamele Hill doesn;t get it.

No sports fan wants to read that JUNK. PERIOD.

Sports is an escape not a reminder we have racists writing about a game for money.

9/10 her columans are like this. What else are we supposed to think?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Yes she gets paid to do it but, imo at leas,t if you don't agree with what you are doing then you don't do it. Some of you know I'm an engineer, if a company gives me a paycheck and tells me to sign off on a design that has a fatal flaw and might result in injury then isn't it my duty to quit the company and report them for unsafe practices? It's the same thing in my mind, if she didn't believe what she was writing then she shouldn't have to written it. And if a company tells her to write something to bait racist based solely on the fact that it sells copies then wouldn't they in fact be inciting racism? So to me you are either trying to fix the problem or you're only promoting the problem which makes you part of the problem. I guess the best analogy I can give are priests. It pays very little (opposite of her actually) but it's their job to spread the word so I wouldn't expect to see someone who didn't believe in what they were preaching becoming a priest just for a pay check
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying. Trust me, I don't think much of her article, but I think it's too easy nowadays to simply declare her as a racist. People talk about business ethics once in a while.....the theory always looks good on paper, but in real life  things happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]True, but we disagree. This means you think she plays an angle because ESPN tells here to do so.  I don't think that is the case. You may very well be correct, but this also means she has sold herself off and has absolutely zero principle. So, I am half right. At the very least she is a phony perpetuating the issue. You look at BrooklineRob and he's 1000 times the person Jamele Hill is. He's actually stemming the tide, not massaging it for money. Some people get it, some don't.  Jamele Hill doesn;t get it. No sports wants to read that JUNK. PERIOD.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

The only thing we really disagree on is whether she is truly a racist or not. Since I don't know her - I don't know if she is or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am going to go ahead, after about 5 columns of hers with premises that are race based, and guess that she is a racist.

Her writing is pretty direct.  You can't fake that. She believes it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Anyways...done for the night. Peace out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I hear what you're saying. Trust me, I don't think much of her article, but I think it's too easy nowadays to simply declare her as a racist. People talk about business ethics once in a while.....the theory always looks good on paper, but in real life  things happen.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

I think it is that cut and dry though. If she wasn't consistently writing articles like this I'd give her the benefit of the doubt but after so many articles you become what you write. For example if a tobacco company pays me to write 1 or 2 positive articles it would make me ethically unsound but if I wrote dozens upon dozens of articles about the subject am I not a tobacco advocate at that point? Or how about Jon Stewart, he's never declared himself a democrat on TV but the way he focuses his reports would you not call him one, how about Beck? Writing a couple articles I'd just call you a sell out but when it's the dominant factor in your writing then you are what you write. I'm sure there have been hundreds of people asked to do the same and didn't. You either have to have no ethics to write like that if you don't believe it or at least half way believe what you are writing. Either way to me writing multiple decades worth of racism baiting columns and thinking nothing wrong of it or trying to remove yourself from it makes you a racist. Unless you are saying that just as long as I am a writer and I get paid to I could write racist columns for a crazy white supremacist group for decades and not be called a racist. I know ESPN is not a racist organization as a whole but I couldn't think of a viable media that would allow a white guy to write anything even close to this just to sell a paper so I had to go to a extreme.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSRyan. Show PSRyan's posts

"Acting like it's not "your fault" that there was slavery makes even less sense." - pfan66

That might be the most racist thing I've heard (seen in this case) in years.

You pigeonhole an entire race with that comment and have the nerve to call others racist? By your ridiculous logic above:

Every German is a nazi. (or is responsible for Nazism)

Every Spaniard kills Aztecs and Mayans.(or is responsible for their extinction)

Every Tutsi massacres Hutus. (or is culpable for their genocide)

Every Cambodian is Khmer Rouge. 

Every Russian bears the responsibility for the Night of the Long Knives.

Every Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor or conducted the Bataan Death March.

Every race bears scars of wrongdoing in their past. Every single one. Period. That those wrongs are righted; or at the very least recognized in a manner of moving toward such redemption is all that can be asked of any race. Holding those future generations responsible in perpetuity only prolongs those scars and creates yet more hurt and misunderstanding.

I'm truly sorry you allow generational guilt to cloud what should be a coming together rather than keeping apart because of your embarrassment of something your ancestors may or may not have even participated in. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Prolate, Did you say something?  I guess you can thank those slaves for your fancy pants education, and the legacy that you inherited. As far as your line about Africans having the most genetic diversity, it is true to an extent.  There is a wide degree of physical diversity in Africa.  In fact, you can find modern day sculls that look just like pilt down man.  Maybe you should define "genetic diversity" for us.  I'll simplify it for the laymen in here.  There are dozens of genes that can be comprised of thousands upon thousands of different sequences of proteins which all result in black skin of one tone or another.  There are the same number of genes which determine white skin color, but there are many fewer combinations of protien sequences found in our genome.  Blah Blah Blah.  Ok Mr. Snooty pants.  I have a question for you.  Why the hell is Africa the most f#cked up continent in the world?  Do you think any of your family's slaves would like to live there?  They are killing each other by the freaking millions over there.  They can't organize decent governments.  It's been Chaos over there for all of recorded history and before.  The two greatest civilizations on that continent were Egypt which had many slaves, and South Africa which had appartied.  Other than that it has been nothing but thousands of years of murder and chaos.  Remember Kunta Kinte and those peaceful villages we saw in the movies?  Never happened.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]lplus 10 I cant believe you can tell the truth on the internet,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Ever heard of Rhodesia?   A former 1st world country with a superb economy, military and society.   What has happened to Zimbabwe since 1980? In 30 years of majority rule, the locals have turned Rhodesia into a disease infested filthy toilet bowl. Now there is cannibalism, starvation, extinction of animals, destruction of farms, everything you could imagine!  Just proves Africans cannot run anything. The same goes for South Africa.  The last bright light on the whole continent, with the best economy, military, currency, infastructure, schools, universities in Africa!  It is now becoming a dirty garbage dumb since 1994 because the Africans took over!
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

This is by FAR the very Best News you've given me so far here...  Feels pretty darn good that I now know people's Reading Comprehension abilities, are NOT effected by the racial divide. 

Also, who said this:
    "Laz, It's a bummer a bunch of people were herded into the big city slums by the social welfare system.  You should know however that per capita much more money is spent on inner city school children then kids going to school out in the farmlands."

Ya mean Nationally, or Nationally combined with State & Local Taxes, Nationally, & State & Local Taxes including any patronage, fundraising, and community & school family resources As A Complete Grand Total Amount of Funding?  Regardless, I think it's pretty proper to announce this here, See I'm only swayed towards the past & present plight of African Americans, because my very own great-great-great grandfather, Frederick Douglas, himself A Slave...  I don't have any link to this, but guys, You're gonna have ta trust me on this fact, considering I fully trust you say is true, o.k.? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]" I am no racist by any stretch of the imagination, but, one thing I notice the most.. of all the ethnicities in the world, the African-American group uses the race card the most to whine about their plight ."      ~agcsbill agcs , Gotta ask ya...To come upon this conclusion did you ask all your multi-ethnic and minority friends here & abroad, currently living as a minority group within some country, Or Did you just go to the local library (or town hall), in order to pick up that famous list of largescale & underprivledged (now or just historically) National minority groups...       Ya see, in order to conclude the same, I did BOTH things I outlined above...but, I'm usually pretty thorough all-around.  Yet, I hear now that you don't neccessarily HAVE to do both...  But, the rule-of-thumb is, That ya gotta do 1.  But that's IF you're a Democrat...Republican, and it's 2 still (Independant? 1 & 1/2)  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Do you read newspapers and see how certain stories about hard times, when they involve African-Americans, it invariably comes out that they are in that predicament because they are African-American?  Look at how often Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton always throw out the race card as being the reason for their plight.  You don't hear much about pulling up the boot straps and making life better for THEMSELVES.  It is about someone else who needs to hand the silver platter to them.  Look at New Orleans as a prime example.. The flooding impacted all sorts of neighborhoods and the stories mostly revolved around the African-American plight while other areas, such as New Orleans version of China-Town recovered fairly quickly.  Did we see lots of articles featuring requests for help for them?  My point is you do not see the race card raised as we do unless it involves African-Americans.  Are you THAT blind??!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]"Acting like it's not "your fault" that there was slavery makes even less sense." - pfan66 That might be the most racist thing I've heard (seen in this case) in years. You pigeonhole an entire race with that comment and have the nerve to call others racist? By your ridiculous logic above: Every German is a nazi. (or is responsible for Nazism) Every Spaniard kills Aztecs and Mayans.(or is responsible for their extinction) Every Tutsi massacres Hutus. (or is culpable for their genocide) Every Cambodian is Khmer Rouge.  Every Russian bears the responsibility for the Night of the Long Knives. Every Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor or conducted the Bataan Death March. Every race bears scars of wrongdoing in their past. Every single one. Period. That those wrongs are righted; or at the very least recognized in a manner of moving toward such redemption is all that can be asked of any race. Holding those future generations responsible in perpetuity only prolongs those scars and creates yet more hurt and misunderstanding. I'm truly sorry you allow generational guilt to cloud what should be a coming together rather than keeping apart because of your embarrassment of something your ancestors may or may not have even participated in. 
    Posted by PSRyan[/QUOTE]

I used these reference points in my reply to him as well.

He claims he has a PHd, but I don't buy it. 

If he can't see his own hypocrisy there, he's not on top of what he claims to know as what he thinks he knows.

You can't carry on a guilt mentality over historic flaws within cultures and expect it to translate through generations.

He doesn't get it either, or he doesn't realize how he sounds.

PS Did you mean the Germans with the Night of the Long Knives?   Or are you going off some kind of thesis with that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Also, I'm not Pro-Black on each & everything...  Because I gotta say, and I been holding this back all along:  Maya Angelou simply s#cks...  I mean jesus, Contemporary Black Poetry can do no better than Maya Angelou?!?  I mean Amiri Baraka was pretty good, and I gotta say, If Langston Hughes was alive now, he'd spit on Maya's poems...guy's probably rolling over in his grave.  Really, from a English Major's perspective, Angelou is awwwful, awful.  Hi, we need a token black female poet...you'll do, lady...Give it a shot.  Maya: "The Flower of our weakening power, has gotten sour; The ties of their lies will NOT ruin my trying pride; I cry tears, but shall always hear."  Bam, some worthless Sh#t I whirled off in 30 secs, right there.  Maya Angelo signs it, Wham=Million Dollar poem & literary immortality.  God, I hate that woman.  No black, white, nada...I hate her totally transparent, weak-#ss worthless figure-head abilities as a poet...  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

With that, Laz..  I think it is time to put this thread to a rest and return to talking Patriots and football!!  GO PATS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Do you read newspapers and see how certain stories about hard times, when they involve African-Americans, it invariably comes out that they are in that predicament because they are African-American?  Look at how often Rev. Jackson and Al Sharpton always throw out the race card as being the reason for their plight.  You don't hear much about pulling up the boot straps and making life better for THEMSELVES.  It is about someone else who needs to hand the silver platter to them.  Look at New Orleans as a prime example.. The flooding impacted all sorts of neighborhoods and the stories mostly revolved around the African-American plight while other areas, such as New Orleans version of China-Town recovered fairly quickly.  Did we see lots of articles featuring requests for help for them?  My point is you do not see the race card raised as we do unless it involves African-Americans.  Are you THAT blind??!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

So, option #3 huh?  The ole The facts-mean-nothing Imbec!le Al Sharpton + If-It-Don't-Rhyme-I-don't-got-the-time Jesse Jackson + I saw a black guy on television complaining = Every African American Alive -is-like-this- Argument.  My father told me once That IF you cast a large enough net, ya get more fish.  I think he stole that from jesus.  I'm not bein' derisive here, I mean, just with the broad net, but not with the jesus reference.  Man, it's late.  I don't fish either.  I could, because my pops goes...  He usually doesn't catch anything ever, though.  Bet he'd do good if jesus was trout-fishin' with him.  Ahh, if you can read anything deeper here, again-Unintentional...by now I'm just typing.  I got a headache. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]With that, Laz..  I think it is time to put this thread to a rest and return to talking Patriots and football!!  GO PATS!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Sorry agcs, My worthless post was already on the way before I read this... Yea, I'm outta this thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSRyan. Show PSRyan's posts

PS Did you mean the Germans with the Night of the Long Knives?   Or are you going off some kind of thesis with that?

Yep...got my genocides wrong. Soviets were the pogroms.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]if a white person said anything close to this their career would be over
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Remember Jimmy The Greek?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE]Well, ask yourself which race owned slaves.  Then, when you answer that, and if you happen to be a member of that race that held slaves, ask yourself if that makes you feel proud. I happen to be white and am embarassed knowing that members of my race owned slaves less than 200 years ago.  So, for a white person to call someone that is black "racist" is kind of "silly", don't you think?  This is the kind of thing they'd run on Fox News to incite the bigots.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

You make it seem like it happened just once in the history of the world. African slaves were taken by many races, sold by those many races, & bought by many races. If you look in to the history of African slavery, most of the world was involved, & that includes African countries run by black Africans.The King of Nigeria was horrified that slavery was abolished by one of the countries he sold slaves to, cutting off a major source of income. It's very convenient to act like it's all the fault of one race, in one country, at one time, then rely on that to blame every short coming of a race while not accepting blame for their own actions. Racism exists & will all ways exist. Only a moron would think otherwise, but it's a two way street. The imbeciles that believe legislation will remove human nature are the same people who think passing a bill that requires humans to not breath would also work.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

If she weren't black she'd be called a racist just for using the term 'black quarterback' in the article.

It's an embarrassment to the league that people get disciplined or fired for suggesting a black quarterback has gotten a little 'extra help' in being famous .... yet someone like her can criticize everyone else saying that a black quaraterback is being held back.

Fire her .. now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

to describe wat i think of jemele hill, i must refer to Cedric Maxwell.......

Get back to the kitchen woman and make me a sandwhich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have no problem with women writers, but she really is terrible. watching her on first take is all i need to see to figure out how much of a moron she is. i cant believe espn continues to support this racist writer. 

she is the feddie mitchel of writers. congrats to her.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3aec4d893a-0338-47d6-b59b-69c75ec61c37&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:ec4d893a-0338-47d6-b59b-69c75ec61c37Post:dc2b1257-c85f-47ed-ba78-27835a9d8fa5 " /> Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I agree with you on this. I was staying away from this thread because it gets me upset but I never heard my parents tell me about how they were given opportunities because they were Irish? They told me about "No Irish need apply" and tons of other stories that ostracized the Irish. Did they whine and act inferior....no, they fought their butts off to establish themselves as contributing members of society by pulling their wieght. Plain and simple, I don't know if anyone else has said it or not but name me one great african american quarterback. Name me one pocket quarterback that didn't want to run it first. Go back to Doug Williams, Randel Cunningham and they both wanted to run first and pass second. Give the defenses time, they'll catch up to Vick just like they did before he got in trouble and he'll be exposed as well. If you aren't good enough to hold the job you get fired. Plain and simple. Color has nothing to do with it!
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Jamele Hill is a joke. But, to answer your question, one of the most over-looked, greatest pure passers of all time (ALL TIME, NFL/UFL/CFL/XFL, AnyFL) was, in fact, black:

Warren Moon

But, he is the ONLY one.

I often wonder when hearing people say "Black Pride" how I would be received if I simply stated "White Pride". I'm fairly certain I'd immediately be labeled a racist, KKK member, ignorant, thoughtless...so, really, as a white person, I have to quantify it by saying I have pride in my Portuguese/Irish or Italian roots, I can't simply be proud of my "White" heritage. Not that I care either way, but it's quite hypocritical. I don't hear people quantifying their chants of "Black Pride" with mention of a tribe they have descended from, or a region, or part of Africa...it's ok to simply be proud of being "Black", but not "White".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Jamele Hill is a joke. But, to answer your question, one of the most over-looked, greatest pure passers of all time (ALL TIME, NFL/UFL/CFL/XFL, AnyFL) was, in fact, black: Warren Moon But, he is the ONLY one. I often wonder when hearing people say "Black Pride" how I would be received if I simply stated "White Pride". I'm fairly certain I'd immediately be labeled a racist, KKK member, ignorant, thoughtless...so, really, as a white person, I have to quantify it by saying I have pride in my Portuguese/Irish or Italian roots, I can't simply be proud of my "White" heritage. Not that I care either way, but it's quite hypocritical. I don't hear people quantifying their chants of "Black Pride" with mention of a tribe they have descended from, or a region, or part of Africa...it's ok to simply be proud of being "Black", but not "White".
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Well, in fairness to those descended from slaves -- as opposed to actual African immigrants -- they've been effectively robbed of that heritage and couldn't be blamed for not being able to trace their ancestry any further than its roots in . . .  say . . . South Carolina.