Jared Allen free agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

Jared Allen free agent

He already has his money,will probably want to sign with contender. He would great with Jones and Ninkovich .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Jared Allen free agent

welcome to the party!

this has been previously been brought up, hopefully it does come to fruition.

its gonna come down to, does he want to max out the amount of $ he makes or does he ultimately want a shot at a ring?

we will see.

he would be a great rusher alongside Nink and Jones though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

welcome to the party!

this has been previously been brought up, hopefully it does come to fruition.

its gonna come down to, does he want to max out the amount of $ he makes or does he ultimately want a shot at a ring?

we will see.

he would be a great rusher alongside Nink and Jones though

[/QUOTE]

I hope they learn from losing out on Abraham last year and make legitimate offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i doubt they will. the cap has gone up which helps so maybe they will but other contenders (Colts) have more to throw at FAs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

We might get Jared alright

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

i doubt they will. the cap has gone up which helps so maybe they will but other contenders (Colts) have more to throw at FAs.

[/QUOTE]

He's not going to want to play 3/4 at this point in his career, the Colts also aren't in need of pass rusher with Mathis' level of play from last season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Another guy who was on the Patriots shopping list Red Bryant is going to be released by Seattle..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I'd rather have Red Bryant. He will be released, and BB is very high on him. He has more scheme versatility than Allen, is younger, and much better against the run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's not going to want to play 3/4 at this point in his career, the Colts also aren't in need of pass rusher with Mathis' level of play from last season.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this 49Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BILLB50's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He already has his money,will probably want to sign with contender. He would great with Jones and Ninkovich .

[/QUOTE]

Then again careers are short and players are out to make every buck possible. At 31 he still might be able to get a good contract out there for multiple years. I mean the guy is still getting double digit sacks every year. He's not coming on a Kelly type of deal I'm thinking it would take something closer to $5mil average for 3 years with 1/2 guaranteed just to sit at the table. For that type of cash I'd rather invest in a younger player like A. Jones

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The colts have loads of cap space and why wouldn't a team want to pair Mathis and Allen if they have the space?  I certainly would

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But we dont just use a 3-4.. we often go to a 4-3 or 4 and nickle... right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The colts have loads of cap space and why wouldn't a team want to pair Mathis and Allen if they have the space?  I certainly would

[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't because your run defense is where you need the most help at, not your pass defense.

Plus, Allen's never played 3/4 before, why would he want to learn a new position at that point in his career?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But we dont just use a 3-4.. we often go to a 4-3 or 4 and nickle... right?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we run a 4 down lineman formation most of the time while the Colts run a 3 man line. We switched it up on each other.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather have Red Bryant. He will be released, and BB is very high on him. He has more scheme versatility than Allen, is younger, and much better against the run.

[/QUOTE]

You think BB will take a stab at him?  Altho there might be better value with veterans w/ a little bit of tread left, seems like it would be better to find a younger player like Bryant who can stick around a while.