Jason La Canfora of NFL Network on Tim Tebow...Pats might take a chance on him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network on Tim Tebow...Pats might take a chance on him

There's no link because I just watched the live interview.  He said a few teams have told him they think the Pats will draft Tebow.  Because of the number of picks they think he would be a player the Pats target this draft.

This could be interesting scenario, we know he won't be the QB for years (6 to 7 IMO) so what exactly will he be?

He can play as Hback, TE, QB for "wildcat" (although I don't think our OC is creative enough for those packages />.  I'm one that's not for this move unless the Pats trade their 22nd for a low 2nd round and a third and pick him with one of their 1st two 2nd round picks.  I think there's more need on the D front 7. 

With that been said what teams would be thinking when they game plan against the pats specially if we can also pickup a RB and another 1 or 2 WRs via FA or draft.  This could be a very interesting option in the Pats arsenal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Jason La Canfora of NFL Network on Tim Tebow...Pats might take a chance on him

I have a lot of respect for Tebow as a human being, but I would lose my lunch if the Patriots waste a high draft pick on him.  With the holes this team needs to fill, that would be an absolutely atrocious pick.  He would be a gimmick player and nothing more, at least for the next 5 years or so like you said. 

My thinking is, if we want an H-back or TE, why not draft an ACTUAL H-back or TE, who actually knows how to play the position?  Tebow is a name and nothing else right now.  Just my opinion but I'm sure a lot would agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: Jason La Canfora of NFL Network on Tim Tebow...Pats might take a chance on him

pye I'm only writing what I heard and actually already seen a number of mocks with this same thought process, Patriots pick Tebow.

To answer your question, Tebow has something a true TE and Hback do not, that's experience of been a QB in a spread formation taking snaps from the shotgun which is where a lot of wildcat plays will be from.

I can only say Patriot nation will be divided into yes and nos, I right now am in the No but he is an intriguing player.  I mean Pat White went 44 last year, (mid second round) Tebow has a better arm, more experience better leadership, more upside (multiple positions) and I think he's a genuine kid who will give the Pats everything he has in practice and games.  Ok I might be convincing myself but not there yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I like Tebow, but I hope the Pats don't draft him. I don't think he would be an impact player for NE, and that is what we need with a first round pick. I see a lot of predictions with him going to the Jags...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Can he punt? this team needs a punter bad....it's our entire offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Harley I begin seeing a trend on your posts, so what you are saying is that we need to draft or sign a punter in FA?

I tend to agree with you, I think I can average 39.4 yards a punt and a net of 35 yrds. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Pats7393, I'm trying to point out that this team has needs everywhere, sorry for being repetitive usually I harp about the Oline which I feel is big weakness on this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

If he is still around in the 4th/5th round, sure, we can find somewhere he can contribute eventually. Any higher than that and I say NO, don't waste those picks on experiments...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Any Tebow to the Patriots is nothing more than a smoke screen. If the Patriots draft any Gators they'll be Dunlop,Spikes,Haden,Hernandez,Cooper,James,Stampen,Pouncey and then if Tim is available late in the draft yeah they might take a chance on him. This is a WR,RB,Defense type of draft the order in which they will select a specific position isn't a point to worry about as this draft is deep. The Pats have 2, 7th round picks and 1,6th round pick an BB has to make these picks count. There are real needs to attend to in this draft, I talk about how they need a specific position but that wouldn't be true they need multiple players at various positions. Whilhite was a joke trying too cover anyone other than in a dime package and even then the opposing QB was looking to whoever he was in coverage against,so though they need OLB's,ILB's,D-line help,they really need a top Corner !! Then would come the other holes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Do you really think Tebow is fast enough to be a tight end? Watch the games! He gets chased down pretty easily in SEC competition. He just lumbers and pounds. He'd be toast in the NFL. I question whether Jason La whateverhisnameis is just putting out info the Pats want out there. Or maybe the teams he's talking to want to create a little confusion. Like others have said before, it'd be a wasted pick. He doesn't fit in the NFL. 

Mayos: How do you know BB clearly wanted Harvin? Because you read a report that may or may not be true? Or have you talked to him personally? And since you're high on Tebow, where do you think he would play? I'm sorry, I just don't see Tebow in the NFL. He's not fast enough, and not a good enough pocket QB. Being effective in a college scheme when you have superior talent around you is different than being successful in the nfl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

pats7393, I know you were just reporting it and not pushing for it.  

Honestly, I find it funny that every year there are "experts" who predict the Patriots to make the controversial, "exciting" pick like Tebow, Pat White last year, etc.  I think it's just media hype due to BB's unpredictability.  They want to set themselves up to look smart if something like that happens.

I'm sure BB will do his work on scouting Tebow, but in the end will probably conclude what most of us on this board are: That he would be a complete waste of a pick that could fill a huge hole on the team.  At least I hope that's his conclusion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I also agree with the poster(s) who said Tebow wouldn't make it as a tight end.  4.8 speed in the 40 for a guy who has no experience running routes or catching passes really doesn't cut it.  There are probably 20 college tight ends in this draft who would be better options. 

pats7 I agree that Tebow would bring the threat of a throw or a wildcat formation QB but I just don't think that's in BB's plans.  The wildcat is already noticeably dying off around the league.  I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I kind of feel Tebow would bring the "threat" of doing multiple things but not really be very good at any of them in particular.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Speaking of coming out and playing, this week's spotlight player, Tim Tebow, struggled this afternoon, from what I can see. The long, slow, Leftwich-style delivery, and accuracy issues that have already been cited are clearly there, and even in drills, you can see how fond he is of tucking and running and seeking contact, which would be more of a problem in the NFL than it was in college.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

He's not the first "expert" to think Tebow could become a Patriot.  As I stated before I'm not for Tebow unless he's in later rounds.  We have way too many holes to address on both sides of the ball.  I personally think we need three more picks between rounds 2 3 and 4 to get some quality starters and depth.

But Tebow is an intriguing player, I will follow how he does in the NFL as many other people I'm sure will but not as a Patriot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I too will follow him.  And let me say, I do truly hope he has a great NFL career as a quarterback.  He deserves it.  

Totally agree with the holes.  Personally I would rank them (assuming Wilfork is back) OLB, WR, O-line, RB, D-line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Actually if you have ever heard Bill talk about the Brady pick you would see that Tebow would have to drop a round or two before they would consider him.  The talk was the team had more important needs so they passed on Brady in earlier round(s). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Jason La Canfora has as much credibility as I do when it comes to NFL insider information.He's making the link  because Tebow mentioned he had talked to Belichick. Now if Reeis or Adam Schefter comment on it I might listen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

If the Pats need an hback, TE, etc...then draft at those positions. We are not in a position to keep transforming QB's in college into valuable skill positions. I would rather not see the Pats take Tebow unless he is still hanging around in the later rounds.Our 1st and 2nd rounders are too valuable to waste on Tebow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 6/5/2008
    Last: 1/26/2010
    Jason La Canfora has as much credibility as I do when it comes to NFL insider information.He's making the link  because Tebow mentioned he had talked to Belichick. Now if Reeis or Adam Schefter comment on it I might listen.

Sweetie, you have more credibility than he does.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

THE PATRIOTS HAVE NO ROOM FOR "TAKING CHANCES", ALA TABOW, AT THIS POINT. THE TEAM IS NEAR TO BEING IN DISARAY. THEY NEED EVERYTHING, "CAN'T MISSES" TO NOT ONLY MAKE THE FINAL CUT, BUT STARTERS AT SEVERAL POSITIONS.  HIGH TO LOW DRAFT- D-- 2 DE'S, 2 OSL'S , INLB, 2-3 CB'S, STRONG SAFETY, A PUNTER AND AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR- INCLUDING "SPIRITED", ENTHUSIASITIC  PLAYERS. EXAMPLE-- MANY FANS THINK OF MAYO AS THE LEADER, AT LEAST OF THE D. MAYBE SO, BUT NOT REALLY, THAT NOT BEING A COMPAINT. HE IS THE BEST STARTING D PLAYER, NO QUESTION. SO, THE NEEDS ARE MANY. SUGGEST THE WRITE-IN PATRIOT FANS CONFINE THEIR PLAYER ACQUISITIONS IN THAT SENSE, NOT A PLAYER FAVORITE OF THEIR OWN.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

They might drop a 7th round pick on him. What the heck why not?