Jason La Confora's article about Jets beating Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Jason La Confora's article about Jets beating Pats

From NFL.com

The Jets are going to beat the Patriots and make a power move in this division and ended up hosting a playoff game for a change (ditto for the Ravens, who have been stuck behind Pittsburgh the way the Jets have been behind New England). The Jets went ahead and got the adversity out of the way in October this time around, and I foresee relative smooth sailing by the time the holiday season arrives this year. Heck, Rex won't know what to do with himself if he's sitting on a two-game lead as the schedule winds down. Unchartered territory there.

It's cliché and all, but this group thrives on being doubted and even seems to enjoy a little bit of drama. If this defense continues to play as it has for the past six quarters or so, the Jets are going to pull away from the 5-3 pack in the AFC East. I don't believe they'll get over that AFC Championship hump -- I need to see more consistency from Sanchez, and more accuracy, and still have some concerns about the run game as well -- but this group is playoff-tested and they will be in the mix again.

The Patriots and Bills will battle it out for a wild-card spot (the Bengals will have something to say about that as well), but this is New York's year in the AFC East. I absolutely, positively, guarantee it. Take it to the bank. Well, OK, that was my inner Rex writing there. While I'll leave the guarantees to the gregarious coach, I have a strong feeling Jets fans are going to enjoy the second half of the season.

If articles like these don't fire up the Pats, nothing will!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Jason La Confora's article about Jets beating Pats

Whatever.  They are just people who get paid to say things.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Jason La Confora's article about Jets beating Pats:
    [QUOTE]Whatever.  They are just people who get paid to say things.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    He does make a bold statement! I hope we win and win big! I think it will be good that Pats will be underdogs this weekend.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I hate to say it but if the Pats do not start playing 60 minutes of football on both sides of the ball he is probably right. The Jets will no doubt have another crisis in a few weeks, even if they win this week because a team quarterbacked by Sanchez can not go 8-0. The Jets have plenty of tough games coming up but if they beat the Pats the division is in their hands because I do not see them losing to the Dolphins or the Bills. The Bengals still have 4 games against the Ravens and Steelers to go so I can't see them going better than 1-3 in that stretch (the one win might be week 16 against Baltimore who may have allready clinched).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

If it takes an article from Jason la Canfora to get the Pats ready to play, they're a far worse team that I thought......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

You know, it's about time to start facing the truth.  Long gone are the days of dominating opponents.  Ty Law is not walking through that door.  Will Mac is gone.  We are about 2 years(of good drafting and FA pickups) away from being a dominant team again.  BUT....BB will figure out a way to screw up the Draft and we will yet again be an OLD, SLOW defense,  And a team full of undrafted FAs and HAS-BEENS. 

I remember a day when WE dictated games to the oppenent.  when we ACTED nor reacted on every play.  We no longer have the personnel or play-calling to go anywhere near a SB.

And just because I'm "being negative" doesnt' mean I'm not still a fan....I'm pointing at the elephant in the room, that is stepping on everyone's toes while everyone else has their eyes closed;refusing to acknowledge the obvious!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Jason La Confora's article about Jets beating Pats:
    [QUOTE]From NFL.com The Jets are going to beat the Patriots and make a power move in this division and ended up hosting a playoff game for a change (ditto for the Ravens, who have been stuck behind Pittsburgh the way the Jets have been behind New England). The Jets went ahead and got the adversity out of the way in October this time around, and I foresee relative smooth sailing by the time the holiday season arrives this year. Heck, Rex won't know what to do with himself if he's sitting on a two-game lead as the schedule winds down. Unchartered territory there. It's cliché and all, but this group thrives on being doubted and even seems to enjoy a little bit of drama. If this defense continues to play as it has for the past six quarters or so, the Jets are going to pull away from the 5-3 pack in the AFC East. I don't believe they'll get over that AFC Championship hump -- I need to see more consistency from Sanchez, and more accuracy, and still have some concerns about the run game as well -- but this group is playoff-tested and they will be in the mix again. The Patriots and Bills will battle it out for a wild-card spot (the Bengals will have something to say about that as well), but this is New York's year in the AFC East. I absolutely, positively, guarantee it. Take it to the bank. Well, OK, that was my inner Rex writing there. While I'll leave the guarantees to the gregarious coach, I have a strong feeling Jets fans are going to enjoy the second half of the season. If articles like these don't fire up the Pats, nothing will!
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

if this article, and everyone else giving up on them and their past two flops don't fire them up, then yes, nothing will

this week will make or break their season.  i hope they understand the gravity of the situation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Too bad but he is right. The Jets will win Sunday, I have no doubt about that just like I had no doubt about them losing to the Giants this past week. Work-in-progess defenses don't cut it in the NFL. Where did those people go that weren't worried about the WIP defense? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

It's only Tuesday and the chirpy press is rolling already....
    Funny!

Let 'em chirp....

We're not the team with a QB that's audtioning for
    Happy Feet ....Part III.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

It's funny how people's opinions of teams sway when they win or lose.  If the Jets lose convincingly this Sunday, everyone will be saying the Jets stink. 

I'm a transplanted Bostonian living in Southern Connecticut - not far from NYC.  Listening to the local sports radio is hillarious.  Two weeks ago, the Jets were frauds.  Now they are world beaters!  If they lose this week, they'll be frauds again.

It's the same thing in Patriots land.  Two weeks ago they were unstoppable.  Now Bill Belechick doesn't know how to coach a team anymore!

Hopefully the Pats kick the Jets to the curb this Sunday so I can listen to all the sorry jets fans call in about how their team stinks again!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: Jason La Confora's article about Jets beating Pats:
    [QUOTE]It's funny how people's opinions of teams sway when they win or lose.  If the Jets lose convincingly this Sunday, everyone will be saying the Jets stink.  I'm a transplanted Bostonian living in Southern Connecticut - not far from NYC.  Listening to the local sports radio is hillarious.  Two weeks ago, the Jets were frauds.  Now they are world beaters!  If they lose this week, they'll be frauds again. It's the same thing in Patriots land.  Two weeks ago they were unstoppable.  Now Bill Belechick doesn't know how to coach a team anymore! Hopefully the Pats kick the Jets to the curb this Sunday so I can listen to all the sorry jets fans call in about how their team stinks again!  
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

It's everywhere. A week ago someone was  arguing with me saying that Brady is the best QB of all time ( I claim Montana is the best I have ever seen). That same person has since started threads that Brady is overrated and the reason the Pats are struggling now. In one week! The older I've gotten the more amused I have become over sports fandom. Was I ever that ridiculous? The answer unfortunately is yes, it's just that the internet did not exist back then (thank goodness). My take on Belichek after 2 weeks in 2001 was that he was a great defensive coordinator who would never make it as a head coach (I'm sure that was the majority opinion at the time, it certainly seemed to be that way on talk radio). Three months later Belichek is the greatest coach in Patriots history and I would probably have denied claiming anything to the contrary earlier.