Jason-Pierre Paul

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Jason-Pierre Paul

This guy is probably gone by 22, 6'5" 270.   Athletic Freak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-1e6Faglw

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Jason-Pierre Paul

we all know him, love him, but dont see him at 22

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

7 Big College games as a starter whoever drafts him early will be reaching.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Jason-Pierre Paul:
    we all know him, love him, but dont see him at 22
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

yes, but we can dream

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think I'd rather have Brandon Graham. Though I love Paul's raw power and talent I see some major flags. The guy has trouble getting off of blocks and appears to only like pass rushing. He also jumped around community colleges, that brings questions about his intelligence and commitment. Not sure if he'd fit in our system. But an interesting prospect to say the least.

He's suppose to be a top 25 pick but that only means he'll end up in the 15-35 range which IMO means at 22 atleast one of Graham or Paul will be there

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I think I'd rather have Brandon Graham. Though I love Paul's raw power and talent I see some major flags. The guy has trouble getting off of blocks and appears to only like pass rushing. He also jumped around community colleges, that brings questions about his intelligence and commitment."

TOTALLY agreed PatsEng...not to mention, in Pierre-Paul's whopping 2 Total years of success, He was behind a very good defense (at the very least 4 WILL be NFL bound) that had offenses overly-concerned with keeping George Selvie at bay directly on the other side of Paul...  Not saying he's bad at all, just saying I'd take Graham's less freakish physical tools with more dedication, committment, rounded skill-set, and self-desire.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Latest mocks have him going to Miami at 12, could see that happening ,Parcells has a love for the edge rushers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

As a pass rusher, he defintatley has some serious potential. He'd be awesome as a 4-3 end or a 3-4 end if he could add more weight.

As a 3-4 linebacker, however, he's a different story. Yes he may be a good pass rusher, but you have to keep in mind that a 3-4 OLB does much more than just rush the QB. They also have to seal the edges on running plays, and also, at times play in coverage. The latter is Paul-Pierre's major weakness. I don't think he'll have much of a problem with running stuffing, but he will DEFINATELY need work on his coverage skills. I saw tape of him doing linebacker coverage drills at the combine, and he looked absolutely lost.

If Randy Moss ever watched Paul-Pierre try to catch a football, Randy might go blind. It was that ugly. Paul-Pierre does not have natural hands for the interception. I understand that coverage skills can be coached, but expecting Paul-Pierre to seamlessly adopt average cover skills between now and September is ludicrous.

As a I pass-rusher, Paul-Pierre has all the talent in the world to be a premier sack master. As a 3-4 OLB, I wouldn't be so quick to label him as the next DeMarcus Ware. Keep in mind the only reason many people know about him is because of A) His physique (which is impressive) and B) the fact that college teams didn't usually plan against Paul-Pierre. Most of the time teams were more focused on his teammate, George Selvie.

Will Paul-Pierre be a bust? I don't think so. Is he a player that will make an immediate impact in all the areas that a 3-4 OLB is expected to contribute in? I doubt it. I just think Paul-Pierre has benefited greatly from hype.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Watch Oakland jump all over this guy.  This is something Al would do.

A lot of folks have this guy in the top 15 and I don't know why.  His inexperience is a big question mark.  And he wasn't the oppositions focus on the defense.  It was on Selvie.  Potential is all over the guy but drafting him too high comes high expectations.  It might be a bit overwhelming for a kid of his background.  He needs the time to be taught up.  Being drafted high on a poor team means he's being brought in to fix a problem when he isn't ready.