Jason Taylor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tacomaboy1. Show Tacomaboy1's posts

Jason Taylor

I know this is old news, but please bear with me. When JT was in Miami all we talked about was his good relationship with BB and if he left Miami, he would be on the first plane to NE.

Does anyone know what happened to this senario ?  Did BB see something he didn't like...like his age ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Jason Taylor

There was a quote from JT that it was either the Jets or a Dancing with the Stars tour.  No one else offered him a contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Now its Dancing with Fireman Ed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Here is my guess. Taylor led Belichick on last year- that might account for the pats not drafting an OLB in the '09 draft. After he re-signed with the dolphins, Belichick must've been displeased and just closed his mind to having anything to do with taylor in the future

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Belichick and Miami were not going to offer Taylor anything until after the draft......

Taylor is a dope, he probably would have gotten more offers right sfter the draft.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

agreed...taylor would have gotten more after the draft and probably an offer from the phins...but he wanted the money now and he will have to pay for it by playing for a team with even less of a chance than the phins of playing in the super bowl

oh well...have fun jason...it will be nice sweeping the jests again this year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

#1. Age
    #2. I think BB is a little Ticked off about how Taylor basicly used him to get a new contract out of Miami.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

We will see Rusty.  While i commend you on knowing the names of our defensive linemen, lets not forget that we had the number 1 defense in football.  And that was without big Jenks in the middle.  those guys had to be at least decent DEs(although not the big names).  As a jets fan, I have to say that JT had better get those 12-15 sacks that Rex is going to serve to him on a silver platter.  Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth thinking about JT in a Jets uniform...  I agree that he used the pats to get his contract with the fish last year and BB wasnt about to play that game this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Taylor:
    In Response to Re: Jason Taylor : Taylor is a dope?   IF you were at all certain about Taylor getting better offers after the draft, then maybe you would have 1 piece of information to support your statement, but you don't even have that because you have no idea whether or not he would have received better offers.  Further you have no idea if he would have received any offers.  You have no idea if he would have received any offers from other teams for which he may have wanted to play.  You have no idea whether or not he may have an axe to grind which can most effectively be done through a division opponent.  Do you know what he was thinking?  Is it possible that he wanted to play for the Jets?  Is it possible that he wanted to solidify his contract sooner than later?  You really don't know anything.  You just like throw sh*t at the wall.  What a monkey.
    Posted by underdoggg

Hey TROLL, no need for your idiotic rants.....I am using common sense, something that you seem to be incapable of doing.

Miami said that they would not make JT an offer until after the draft, did they not?  The Jets knew this and did not want to get into a bidding war for him and therefore said take it or leave it.....

JT is on record saying that he did not want to play for the Jets, so I guess he is a liar and a dope.

Didn't he not want to sign with the Pats last year because he wanted to be with family?  All of a sudden his family is not good enough (when Miami offered him an extension during the season), and now it is all about the money?  If he was really worried about signing a contract, why wouldn't he sign with Miami when the offered it to him...that way he would be closer to his family AND be sure that he had a contract.....

He sounds confused....poor old man....

Wow, underoos....you are too easy...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

If you think JT will get you double digit sacks at this point in his career you are crazy. He might get you 8 sacks...and thats pushing it.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I would tend to agree with you on that but Rex claims that he will have 12-15 in his system.  I will be shocked but I have to place some sort of stock in it since it came directly from Rex.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

As a jets fan, I have to say that JT had better get those 12-15 sacks that Rex is going to serve to him on a silver platter.  Posted by whodeawhodat

What? Are you high? 15 sacks? Jared Allen only had 14!

JT will be lucky to get 4, even using his walker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Bring your TEs, we have the secondary : )
    I am not the one who said it.  Rex said it and I dont doubt what the man says.  I would have rather had JT sign with you guys...Since he is going to be a Jet, he had better produce or we had better cut him.  I dont want him coming along for the super bowl ring if he isnt a huge contributor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Taylor is a speed rusher that doesn't have his speed anymore. The Pats signing him wouldn't be much better than bringing Junior Seau in for another year. I wasn't upset at all when he signed with the Jets and as stated above he wanted the sure contract and I can only assume that his agent told him to do it too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Some UFA help on defense.  I know each of these players have shortcomings out of college, but then again, there is a reason they were not drafted.

Warren, DonovanS5'11"195Michigan
    Williams, Ernest "Mick"DT6'0"281Pittsburgh
    Basped, KevinLB6'4"254Nevada

we didnt have a bunch of 7th round picks like you guys but I like these players we were able to pick up after the draft.  Dont forget that we traded a pick for Cromartie.  He better be as good as he thinks he is because he is getting what he was asking for in SD, that is bump and run coverage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Taylor : Common Sense - LOL.  You wouldn't know common sense if it was a cucumber shoved up your as* (but why should that surprise anyone).   
    Posted by underdoggg

that's a stupid thing to say, maybe they should finally ban you from this forum

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

The Jets made Taylor an offer he couldn't refuse 13 mill if my memory is correct.  And it was the only offer on the table.  I have no doubt the Pats were not going to offer Taylor anything close to that number.

And despite what other might think on this board, Taylor can still play and can still rush the passer.  He'll be a force to contend with this season, especially on the Jets revamped defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Jets made Taylor an offer he couldn't refuse 13 mill if my memory is correct.  And it was the only offer on the table.  I have no doubt the Pats were not going to offer Taylor anything close to that number. And despite what other might think on this board, Taylor can still play and can still rush the passer.  He'll be a force to contend with this season, especially on the Jets revamped defense.
    Posted by BBRULES23

That's for BB to decide, not you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Yes, I agree that JT is probably not as potent as he was. Would have been good to have seen him with the Patriots.

Assume, a) him stringing Pats along last year, b) $ offered by Jests and c) age were why he went to Jests..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Taylor : that's a stupid thing to say, maybe they should finally ban you from this forum
    Posted by kansaspatriot

that is too bad, I missed underfrog's idiotic comment....seems to be par for course with him.....he has no common sense at all....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

The Jets made Taylor an offer he couldn't refuse 13 mill if my memory is correct.  And it was the only offer on the table.  I have no doubt the Pats were not going to offer Taylor anything close to that number. And despite what other might think on this board, Taylor can still play and can still rush the passer.  He'll be a force to contend with this season, especially on the Jets revamped defense.
    Posted by BBRULES23

i just cannot see him being very effective for the jets this year...im sure they will try to use him all over the field but the man couldnt cover a convertible in a rain storm, nevermind a good WR or TE down the field...

and as for his speed rush? well he isnt nearly as fast nor as quick as he used to be and is learning a new system...my guess is 5 sacks and alot of blown coverages