Jay Glazer: Bad Deal for Tom.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Jay Glazer: Bad Deal for Tom.

Jay Glazer: 

"It's a bad deal for Tom Brady, But the Pats have always had a philosophy, if you b!tch and you're not drinking their kool aid, you're gone."

I guess its widely understood around the league.  What he didn't say is that they make you out to be a bad guy too.  That is also widely understood.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Jay Glazer: Bad Deal for Tom.

The press makes the player the bad guy not the Pats.  When the Pats have a disagreement with a player they try to accommodate the player.  Moss had to give the OK for the trade because of the contract extension he wanted. 

If you don't agree with the game plan, the direction of the team or some such you should be gone.  The player doesn't fit.  Why would you keep someone around who challenges you all the time?

I was hoping that Moss and Belichick would be able to work something out but it didn't happen for what ever reason.  We'll never know the details because it's just the way things are in Pats land.  There must be something to it as the Pats keep winning regardless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I guess if I was Moss, I'd want to have the ball thrown to me.  But in this offense right now, he's literally being doubled every single time he runs a route.  Well, almost every time. The one game where this wasn't true was the Jets thinking Revis could single-cover Moss.  He pulled up lame with a hammy injury after getting lit up in the endzone. 

This trade locked down 4 draft picks all above the 6th round over the next few years.  They're willing to take a shot at sacrificing this season for their future.  But Wes isn't going to have so many catches now, and Tate is a long way from learning that position.  They have zero deep threat right now.  Are they flirting with the idea of a running game?

Really don't like this trade any way it's sliced.  I hope I stand corrected in several months' time, but Randy isn't Manny Ramirez, and those draft picks aren't Jason Bay.

This one hurt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

So why is Mankins still a Patriot?

He publicly criticized the whole organization and disrepected Kraft. Why is he still here?

Trade him for another pick. Might as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I think this has more to do with Brady and what he chooses to look at.  Anybody who's seen Tate run knows you have to get this guy involved.  Price is suppose to be of the same mold.  Either one of these guys can be the deep threat.  They need to be out there and Brady needs to get them involved.  The trouble is who do you have after these two?  Is Edleman getting more involved?  We'll see.  If anything bugs me about this trade this is it.

Once Moss brought up his contract and kept doing so I thought that a trade would happen if a buyer came forward.  The Pats have a golden rule that is not to be broken.  My thoughts on the matter is players know this coming into Foxborough so it's not like a deep dark secret or something.  Keep things in house to keep distractions to a minimum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Tom will be all buisness and above any emotion, sure he'll be disappointed at first, but he know the patriots have the weapons on offense they need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]So why is Mankins still a Patriot? He publicly criticized the whole organization and disrepected Kraft. Why is he still here? Trade him for another pick. Might as well.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]
    Mankins apologized to Kraft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Glazer is a dicheaded pats hater and always has been. Why you guys pay any attention to these phoney 'reporters' who make their living trashing anyone or thing that they haven't designated as heroes is beyond me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

By dealing Moss away brings the opportunity to have Tate and Price become more involved in the offense without having Moss begin pouting.  Moss, as the #1 WR, wants the ball all the time, and, I have to presume, would not take too kindly if the Pats were to rotate the WRs for different looks.

Look at Tate, for example.  Can we see Moss returning a KO 103 yards and outrunning the kick coverage of the defending team?  Certainly not!  Tate has speed and simply needs the time to improve.  With Moss in place, he would not have had as many oppty's to do so.  Now we'll see how good these young guns are, and maybe, Brady knows this too!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Jay Glazer: Bad Deal for Tom.:
    [QUOTE]Mankins apologized to Kraft.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

are you sure? i thought that was debunked

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]So why is Mankins still a Patriot? He publicly criticized the whole organization and disrepected Kraft. Why is he still here? Trade him for another pick. Might as well.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure if had signed his tender he would have been traded but since he has no contract he can't be traded. So Mankins is safe for now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]The press makes the player the bad guy not the Pats.  When the Pats have a disagreement with a player they try to accommodate the player.  Moss had to give the OK for the trade because of the contract extension he wanted.  If you don't agree with the game plan, the direction of the team or some such you should be gone.  The player doesn't fit.  Why would you keep someone around who challenges you all the time? I was hoping that Moss and Belichick would be able to work something out but it didn't happen for what ever reason.  We'll never know the details because it's just the way things are in Pats land.  There must be something to it as the Pats keep winning regardless.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]
    Good post. From everything I've read and heard, it was time for Randy to move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]are you sure? i thought that was debunked
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE] Yes. Kraft said so himself. I'll try to find the link.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]are you sure? i thought that was debunked
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]Here it is.

"I hate violating a private conversation but I think it's worthy because it speaks to this issue that -- I got a call three weeks ago, maybe, something around that time, from Logan -- and he apologized to me for the comments that he made in the public media," Kraft said to WEEI. "He said that he regretted he did it. He knew in retrospect that they were not true. And I accepted his apology because he is a high-quality guy.

"I also said to him, 'You know Logan, it would be nice if that was made public because I'm hoping we do a deal with you. And I don't want people to think that the way you do a deal is to say something that's not true or involve ownership.'

"And I also want to be clear about this: Ownership of the New England Patriots does not get involved in the negotiation of contracts or make commitments to players. We bless the deals but we are not involved. We never make commitments.

"He understood that and he said 'Look, Mr. Kraft, I feel bad. I will correct what I said either when I sign with the New England Patriots or if I get traded and sign somewhere else.' And he said that 'my hope and intention is that I'll be a Patriot and go into the Patriots hall of fame.' And I said the same thing to him. And then there's been a negotiation but we have never had a deal."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5567922

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Actually it's the best thing that could have happened for Tom and it might turn out allright for Randy as well. Randy will now regain a sense of focus because he'll have to be ready for every ball to be thrown his way. Tom can now spread the ball around more leaving the defenses in a quandry as to where he will be throwing the ball on any given situation. It's no longer either Moss or Welker,every receiver on the Patriots just became a potential target on every play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Actually it's the best thing that could have happened for Tom and it might turn out allright for Randy as well. Randy will now regain a sense of focus because he'll have to be ready for every ball to be thrown his way. Tom can now spread the ball around more leaving the defenses in a quandry as to where he will be throwing the ball on any given situation. It's no longer either Moss or Welker,every receiver on the Patriots just became a potential target on every play.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]It could turn out to be a win-win for Brady and Moss.

The pressure is now on O'Brien to call a more balanced, less predictable game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

Again, folks the Pats WON NOTHING with Randy Moss.. Let me repeat the Pats WON NOTHING with Randy Moss. This is a very young team in alot of areas, once the Old Randy surfaced and we saw that in week 1 he has to be jettisoned out of here.  The notion that this is a bad deal for Tom Brady is ABURD, Brady was already in the HOF before Moss even got here.  The Pats have long since got the best of Randy Moss, MOVE ON MORONS!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

I think it is kind of a win for both teams.  Randy played well while here, and brought us a lot of excitement but he wanted to move on.  We will be a better TEAM now, and if our defense continues to improve who knows what will happen in January.  I am not sure if Randy will catch more long passes in Minn. though, because I do not know if favre can throw it that far anymore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I am sure Tom knew about the deal before it went down and he actually maybe glad since he was probably getting tired trying to keep RM happy. Look we all knew that the Pats were not going to be willing to pay RM what he wanted and I am sure after RM started to voice his concerns that he wanted to get paid and he did not want to wait until after the end of the season they accommodate him by telling him that they would not franchise him and they would let him walk. At least this way they got a third round pick instead on the compensatory later round pick. As we all know this is a business and when a player takes it personally than you know it is time to move on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Dear whiners...Mankins is still a Patriot because nobody else wants to pay him that much either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

"The press makes the player the bad guy not the Pats. "

......... and the media resents the Pats for not playing along with them.
    Attaboy! for making the point, GaryTX. Spot-On.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

In Response to Jay Glazer: Bad Deal for Tom.:
    [QUOTE]Jay Glazer:  "It's a bad deal for Tom Brady, But the Pats have always had a philosophy, if you b!tch and you're not drinking their kool aid, you're gone."   I guess its widely understood around the league.  What he didn't say is that they make you out to be a bad guy too.  That is also widely understood.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Yeah!  Exactly, like all the negative stuff Belichick said about Randy Moss.  And all the negative stuff the PR department put out about him, and the incredibly unfair and derogatory comments Mr. Kraft made about Randy...hey wait, none of that happened.  Actually, the exact opposite happened.  Belichick gave a thoughtful, respectful and heartfelt farewell to Moss where he expressed his sincere appreciation for having been able to coach a future hall of famer.

It's like whatever you say is the exact opposite of what's true.  That's cool--anytime you post something we'll know it's deeply, deeply stupid and the exact opposite of realiy.  Nice: a compass that always points at dumb :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Glazer is a dicheaded pats hater and always has been. Why you guys pay any attention to these phoney 'reporters' who make their living trashing anyone or thing that they haven't designated as heroes is beyond me.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

-

LoL

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders!
    The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia,
    but only slightly less well-known is this:
    Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jay Glazer: Bad Deal for Tom. : Yeah!  Exactly, like all the negative stuff Belichick said about Randy Moss.  And all the negative stuff the PR department put out about him, and the incredibly unfair and derogatory comments Mr. Kraft made about Randy...hey wait, none of that happened.  Actually, the exact opposite happened.  Belichick gave a thoughtful, respectful and heartfelt farewell to Moss where he expressed his sincere appreciation for having been able to coach a future hall of famer. It's like whatever you say is the exact opposite of what's true.  That's cool--anytime you post something we'll know it's deeply, deeply stupid and the exact opposite of realiy.  Nice: a compass that always points at dumb :)
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you, MCA1. "Just give me the straight sh!te, please." We could go right down the list with the # of BSPN'ers that stepped on their dick's with bogus assumptions about Patriots personnel issues over the years. Now add Glazer, to a degree. The dealings with Moss were about as fair as they could be for a respected player finishing out a contract year. Props to the Pats, thank you very much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

When you lose a hall of famer, and still one of the top 5 wr in the league, YOUR ALWAYS WORSE OFF. People been trying to rationalize it, we just got worse PERIOD. And please stop with "that we havent won anything since hes been here" we havent won since hes been here, simply becuz our entire defense has been overhauled since his arrival.