Jeff Demps/Gholston vs Blount/Buchanan

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Jeff Demps/Gholston vs Blount/Buchanan

Who's Gholston? You're not talking about the safety, are you? 

And yes, Jeff Demps is a dirt bag that now two organizations have wasted their precious time on. Luckily for us we got a little something out of it. And luckily for Tampa they didn't lose much...they were cutting Blount anyway.

There is something about Demps that is just so wrong about an athlete. To think he used us. I'm glad he had a bad year and I usually don't wish that on anyone, but he deserves it.

Thanks BB!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty..   BB may not even come close in the voting for CotY.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't care. I realize the anti-BB media bias, but he's clearly in the running  when you consider all the distractions this year, starting with Hernandez, how well he handled that, and into the season with a rash of injuries that includes some of the best players at their positions in the conference.

The laundry list of names who left this team either by necessity due to contract situations or injury is a long one.

Easily one of BB's best coaching jobs and up there with 2010.  We also got jobbed in 2 games this year by the refs.

[/QUOTE]
    BB IS IN THE RUNNING. But  also Chip Kelly and Ron Riviera.  The AZ coach too he slips my mind  but throw him in there as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In no particular order but in the running...

BB - One of his best coaching jobs ever.

Bruce Arians - If they beat SF next week... just WOW

Philbin-  if they make the playoffs. That was an absolute mess he had to deal with.

Marvin Lewis - Kudos got his team to play consistent football which has always been an issue for his teams.

Carroll- What can you say they have been dominate at times this year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Bill, you could be right, but not because it would be correct for BB not to win it. If you consider all that has happened to this team, yet the resiliance that they have shown in winning 11/12-games still, it has been a masterful job by BB. So many here and in the National media burried this team months ago. The only reason BB doesn't win COY? Its because EVERYONE expects BB to do what BB does as the HC of the NE Patriots and thats WIN, no matter what.............same old, same old. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Philbin-  if they make the playoffs. That was an absolute mess he had to deal with.

Marvin Lewis - Kudos got his team to play consistent football which has always been an issue for his teams.

[/QUOTE]

Very impressive list, especially to see where some of those teams were last year and where they are this year.

Added to the list should be Ron Rivera, this guy was pretty much gone after this season if he didn't do something quick with his team and man, he sure stepped up this season.

Andy Reid, regardless of their recent losses he has turned that team around this season.

Lots of very good coaching this season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Arians a late contender, sure.  Forgot about that, but they would have to beat SF.

I've got it as this:

BB

Rivera

Reid

I had it as Reid earlier in the year, then sort of morphed over to Rivera, but all things considered, call me a homer all you want, but starting with the adversity with the Hernandez drama, to the Welker drama, the heat he took as GM with the moves he's made, and how his lead a tight locker room with focus to keep the goal in mind, BB has been brilliant.

Put it this way, any other organization that had this many negatives up against  them and it would be front page news with ESPN and NFLN praising the coach.

SInce it's BB, he's not really considered when he does do a great job.

I half jokingly said this before, but he's essentially a COFTY candidate every year.

The positives for Rivera is that his team responded to him as Rivera was on the hotseat. But, he's done nothing magical in teram of managing the team. He's finally done his job, IMO.

Reid has taken a talented, underachieving team to the playoffs, like I predicted he would.

They weren't really a 2-14 team last year with 6 Pro Bowlers. They were just a QB and a coach away. They go it.

Philbin just shot himself in the foot yesterday. That's a BAD sign for a team to play their SB at home vs us and then go up to Buffalo and be shutout.  I can see the argument, but you coudl also argue his poor leadership allowed that Martin/INcognito thing to occur int the first place.

Keep in mind, Ireland told Martin to punch Incognito, which would likely mean Philbin KNEW about that problem.  Not good.

Marvin Lewis is a bozo and I have no idea how he still has a head coaching job.  He's just good enough to make the postseason, but it's beyond obvious he's not a coach who can lead you to a SB win. He's outcoached every other game. That's a VERY talented team he has there.

You know my feelings on Carroll.  Plus, the rash of suspensions they have had this year with veterans shooting roids, I just see it as poor leaderrship from him. The loss yesterday to Arizona is telling to me, too.  Clearly, they were looking past Arizona.

[/QUOTE]

I left Reid out becasue he inherited a very talented team.

Just not sold on Rivera but can't dispute his turnaround.

I agree Marvin Lewis isn't that good but his team this year has actually performed on a consitent level which in previous years they would have normally tanked late.

I understand the loss yesterday by Miami was bad but you got to admit just getting the Dolphins to this point was somewhat miraculous.

Don't like Carroll never did but he got his team to perform at a dominate level at certain points this year.

As a card carrying homer BB would be my choice but admittedly I am very bias.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very impressive list, especially to see where some of those teams were last year and where they are this year.

Added to the list should be Ron Rivera, this guy was pretty much gone after this season if he didn't do something quick with his team and man, he sure stepped up this season.

Andy Reid, regardless of their recent losses he has turned that team around this season.

Lots of very good coaching this season.

[/QUOTE]

You know when you think about it this is 2 years in a row for Arians.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

we fleeceddddd the bucs. damn i was thinking about that trade last night. buchanan has turned into a great special teamer and will be a good rsuher in the coming years and blount is a horse.

15. This post has been removed.