Jeff Fisher: "It Was A Penalty"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Jeff Fisher:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Read it yesterday.  Just let it go, dude.  It's over.  Bad call. Move on.  They aren't going to change it.  Bad calls happen in sports all the time.

[/QUOTE]

Not like that.   I was talking to people who aren't even NFL fans who were talking about that, even yesterday.

It's been all over the news the last 48 hours.  

[/QUOTE]

Add this to the mix
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1859211-espns-sports-science-segment-dissects-monday-nights-controversial-call?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=teamstream

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh look another pats fan has mentioined buttfumble today. That's the 987,675th time today.Way to be original

[/QUOTE]

Probably the worst play in the history of the NFL. Mark Sanchez is such a horrible player and he gets worse annually on top of all that the Jets owe him money for the next couple of years

I really enjoyed writing that last sentence mmmmmmmmm

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to OneManBanned's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And sometimes the pats even benefit from them.

[/QUOTE]

You mean like this?

[/QUOTE]

that would be one example. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh look another pats fan has mentioined buttfumble today. That's the 987,675th time today.Way to be original

[/QUOTE]

It never gets old!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

L E O N H E S S   unscrambled   "she's lone"...    so sad to be a tranasvestite on  another teams board .   wow...  the shame, the reality , the reveal....  the drama.... lol .  lmao what a little dinky troll from NY... 

What is in the water down there, its weird ...  female hormones...?   Oh sh1t... all that estrogen from the 70s is in the water supply....! They flushed it down the toilets after they figured out menopause didn't exist....  OMG.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As was this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4d8a3/Patriots-seal-win-on-Manning-s-third-INT

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now, that isn't even close.  You aren't serious about that, are you?  That is ridiculous if you are.

[/QUOTE]
    Its the same thing.  Is it not.  If not, why not?

[/QUOTE]

picture # 1 look where the ball is, the receiver is 5 yards away from the ball and this is the first contact being made.  Not much contact at all.   No way could the receiver make a play on the ball.

picture # 2 the receiver is well past 5 yards away from the ball that is already in the defenders hands.  Still not very much contact at all, the defender is not pushing the receiver back further like what was being done to Gronk. 

Clearly night and day between the two plays.... Don't you think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As was this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4d8a3/Patriots-seal-win-on-Manning-s-third-INT

[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now, that isn't even close.  You aren't serious about that, are you?  That is ridiculous if you are.

[/QUOTE]
    Its the same thing.  Is it not.  If not, why not?

[/QUOTE]

picture # 1 look where the ball is, the receiver is 5 yards away from the ball and this is the first contact being made.  Not much contact at all.   No way could the receiver make a play on the ball.

picture # 2 the receiver is well past 5 yards away from the ball that is already in the defenders hands.  Still not very much contact at all, the defender is not pushing the receiver back further like what was being done to Gronk. 

Clearly night and day between the two plays.... Don't you think?

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff TFB.  Proves that Garcon was impeded before the ball reached Sanders. 

Further whether a defender tackles a receiver or not doesn't matter where PI is concerned.  McCourty impeded Garcon's ability to get back to the ball. 

As for the uncatchable nature.  Garcon's ball is easily more catchable than Gronkowski's (imo).  Look at Sanders.  Not only is he up in the air but he is at full extension to get the int.   He probably got that ball 9 feet in the air.  The ball was traveling at a trajectory that would have hit Garcon in the chest on a comeback. 

On the other hand, in Gronkowski's situation the interceptor catches the ball at his chest or just below about 5 yards from where Gronkowski is and the ball has a downward trajectory. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

wasn't Al pacino's companion in "dog day afternoon"  named "leon"...?   wow...  so sad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good stuff TFB.  Proves that Garcon was impeded before the ball reached Sanders. 

Further whether a defender tackles a receiver or not doesn't matter where PI is concerned.  McCourty impeded Garcon's ability to get back to the ball. 

As for the uncatchable nature.  Garcon's ball is easily more catchable than Gronkowski's (imo).  Look at Sanders.  Not only is he up in the air but he is at full extension to get the int.   He probably got that ball 9 feet in the air.  The ball was traveling at a trajectory that would have hit Garcon in the chest on a comeback. 

On the other hand, in Gronkowski's situation the interceptor catches the ball at his chest or just below about 5 yards from where Gronkowski is and the ball has a downward trajectory. 

You are seeing what you want to see here.  You are really trying hard to defend your stance  but you look foolish doing so.  Garcon has his hands on DMC just as much as DMC does on Garcon.  No way in a million years does that get called for PI.  Hand fighting is very typical and this was very mild by both guys.

Maybe you need to check this sports science video out if you have not watched it yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1859211-espns-sports-science-segment-dissects-monday-nights-controversial-call

BTW look where Gronk was being rapped touched at.  Gronk was being touched at the same spot the defender who made the INT was.  If you don't see that as PI and totally different then the Colts play then you need to question your judgement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Underpants, my god, are you fraud. Resting your hands on the WR is not"impeding. It's called guarding. There is no hold, no impedent. The Db is just following the WR and guarding him.

You are pathetic.

Fact: Gomer was rushed and threw into zone coverage and didn't know it. I saw it coming a mile away. Classic BB trap set there on Gomie.  He thought it was man and Sanders dropped back into the zone on a wounded duck into the wind from Gomie.

We've seen that time and again.

[/QUOTE]
    This is all that is ever needed to define Rusty and he's done it all in 2 sentences.  1) calling anyone else a fraud for defending what they believe it the utmost of hypocrisy where Russ is concerned.  He further defines that hypocrisy in the second sentency by suggesting that McCourty was merely RESTING his hands on Garcon. 

His hands had been engaged in hard labor all day and simply needed someone or something to REST them on.  Thank God that Pierre Garcon was in the vicinity to give those poor hands a rest. 

Funniest damn thing I've read from the young Griswold in a while. 

Thanks Russ.  You should go on tour.  Maybe Katt Williams needs an opening act. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

ud six was bludgeoned all day for making that ridiculous comparison and then I saw florio on NBC netwrk commenting(repeating) his article's assertions on their evening NFL show.   Just pathetic.  pandring to the lonely loser segment of the viewing audience... like udie clinging to their hatred of being beaten down repeatedly by a superior organization ,coach , Qb, and overall team.  GFY dinks.  YOu will always suck.  little crybaby weenies taking ashot at BB with a lame azs comparison and then NBC has the dubious balls to broadcast and publish it.    Unreal drama queen behavior dodging the clear responsibility of the NFL to officiate consistently. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ud six was bludgeoned all day for making that ridiculous comparison and then I saw florio on NBC netwrk commenting(repeating) his article's assertions on their evening NFL show.   Just pathetic.  pandring to the lonely loser segment of the viewing audience... like udie clinging to their hatred of being beaten down repeatedly by a superior organization ,coach , Qb, and overall team.  GFY dinks.  YOu will always suck.  little crybaby weenies taking ashot at BB with a lame azs comparison and then NBC has the dubious balls to broadcast and publish it.    Unreal drama queen behavior dodging the clear responsibility of the NFL to officiate consistently. 

[/QUOTE]

says the guy named coolade - nuff said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"ah - that one.  So what you are saying is you want plays called correctly except when you don't.  "

What we're saying is we don't want you in here lecturing Pats fans about appropriate fan conduct in your uniquelyi condescending way. You're lucky I don't have moderation powers here, I would have muzzled your needle pinning ways a long time ago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

""ah - that one.  So what you are saying is you want plays called correctly except when you don't.  ""

Two more things. 

1. On the Jets field goal call: if that is indeed a penalty, I want to see it called on other teams. To my knowledge the only time it has ever been called is against the Pats, in a game-deciding situation. If it's a rule it should be enforced. I thought it was wrong to call the tuck rule in such a climactic situation way back when. But after that game you saw tuck rule calls pretty frequently. Where are the field goal player pushing calls? 

2. On the PI call: I want the simultaneous touch aspect of a PI call (when defensive player made contact) reviewable starting next year for ALL teams. The Colts, the Pats, the Jets - no team should be victimized by human error that can (largely) be avoided on that aspect of the call via video review. 

It's not hard to understand: the rules should be as fairly enforced as possible - for all teams. I don't want to lose - OR WIN - a game on a bad call.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"ah - that one.  So what you are saying is you want plays called correctly except when you don't.  "

What we're saying is we don't want you in here lecturing Pats fans about appropriate fan conduct in your uniquelyi condescending way. You're lucky I don't have moderation powers here, I would have muzzled your needle pinning ways a long time ago.

[/QUOTE]
    I am fortunate. 

18. This post has been removed.