JEROD MAYO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfbball. Show sfbball's posts

JEROD MAYO

Does Mayo have the potential to be a top linebacker in the league??? NFL Rookie Defensive player of the Year, but will he be able to meet the expectations for this seasonn???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Re: JEROD MAYO

Absolutely, especially this season. With all of the aging veterans on the team Mayo is going to get little rest this year. He'll be on the field A LOT.  I wouldn't be surprised if he leads the league in tackles this year... top 5 no doubt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am sure he has the potential, he just has to avoid any injuries and remain consistent.  If he can do that, he is surely top 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I would argue that Mayo was a top 5 LB last year!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

They always say the jump from year one to year two is huge, so if he was a beast in year one he is going to murder the compitition in year two. I think Mayo will push Patrick Willis for teh number 1 MLB in all of football for the rest of there careers. Much the way Andre Tippett was always chasing LT when they played at the same time. I think right now people consider Patrick Willis as teh best MLB in the NFL and I think after this year people will debate whether or not Mayo is the better of teh two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

NFL defesive rookie of the Year.  Yeah, I would say he has the good to make it in this league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

It's going to be hard for him to distinguish himself as the best linebacker not only because he plays inside but also because he plays in a 3-4.  As a result he's splitting the position with another guy in the middle and you could potentially share statistics.  I think Willis actually benefits individually from playing in a lousy front seven with a great secondary because all the plays are right in front of him.

However, Willis is the best until proven otherwise.  The best thing Mayo could do this year is go after the QB a little more.  I think it would help him with credibility and I think it would help out a defense that has only one great pass rusher.