CAREER STATS
    TACKLESFUMBLES FORCEDINTERCEPTIONS
    Defense Stats
    YEARTEAMTACKSOLOASTPDSACKFFRECINTYDSTD
    2006TEX181170000000
    2007TEX2919100000000
    2008TEX46341201010000
    2009TEX5538170600000

Is it me or does Hughes(11 sacks) like to get after the QB more then Kindle(6 sacks), so I would take Hughes then take Daniel Te'o-Neshiam (who also had 11 sacks last year) in the 4th round 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Re: Jerry Hughes over Sergio Kindle

sure Hughes had 5 more sacks, but Kindle is a better all around OLB to me.  Better against the run, and from what i've seen more capable in coverage.  Dont get me wrong, i'd be happy with either.  both are very good football players and both could be pillars in the patriots defense for years to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

It would seem by the numbers that Hughes gets to the QB more often, but you also have to consider who else each player lines up next to on the D-line. In his time at Texas, Kindle has lined up with players such as Lamarr Huston and Brian Orakpo, both of whom are adept pass-rushers. In that respect, Huston and Orakpo's abilities to get to the QB may (or may not) have negatively influenced the sack count. You also have to consider scheme differences built around different personel as well as level of competition. However, I'm not saying that one is better than the other. When it comes down to measurables, Kindle seems to fit the mold better than Hughes does, but that doesn't garuntee that he will be the pick. Personally, I think Kindle has much more potential as a 3-4 OLB than Hughes does, but Kindle's past and intagibles make me wonder if he has the motivation to be great, which Hughes and Brandon Graham display so frequently.

I'm glad more people are finding out about Te'o Neishiam. I found him in early February, and I've liked him ever since. If you ask me, I think Neishiam will be an excellent player in the NFL - he has a variety of pass-rush moves, he has the agility to play in space, he has the strength to stay stout against the run (and to deliver a bone-crunching hit - look up his hit on the Cal running back and tell me that isn't awesome), and, most importantly, he has an unquestionable love and passion for the game (and it certainly does show). I would be estatic if the Pats drafted this guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Jerry Hughes over Sergio Kindle:
    sure Hughes had 5 more sacks, but Kindle is a better all around OLB to me.  Better against the run, and from what i've seen more capable in coverage.  Dont get me wrong, i'd be happy with either.  both are very good football players and both could be pillars in the patriots defense for years to come.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

I actually think the complete opposite as far as what each does and does not do well. But you are right, either one will be a big upgrade over what they have now.

Just for fun though, here are a couple of clips.

Hughes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwoo94qwh_4

Kindle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qul0KgveR5k&feature=related

Watch the following:

1) How well each finds holes to get to the QB (Hughes is a former RB)
    2) How many speeds and directions that the each does to get around/through blockers and rush to the QB (when they use power and when they use speed or deception)
    3) What each does when the blocker engages - whether they shed the blocker off and how many different ways each sheds the blocker
    4) Awareness for where the ball is when it does not come his way, and what each does instinctively to get to the ball
    5) The effort that each puts in to pursue a play that's moving away

I really think Hughes is currently the more polished rusher. I also think that while Kindle is a hard worker, Hughes plays with an edge on top of being a hard worker.

THat said Kindle seems to have upside because of his height. If he learns more technique and gains 10 more pounds without losing quickness, over the next few years, he may become the better rusher in the end. But there's the if.

The clips don't show it but Hughes can cover. I live in Seattle so I get to see TCU games every now and then. He's fine doing that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Kindle had a dominant season with Orakpo two seasons ago, then this season he sucked eggs.

I would go Jerry Hughes, but I think MIA will probably go Brandon Graham with their pick. Maybe ATL goes Hughes, would love to have Hughes. He (Hughes), to me, is more impressive than Graham.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Sergio Kindle, I've seen him play plus he's coming from good system that belichick is familiar with. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Its late so Im not going to go in great detail , but heres a little bit of my opinion. I think it depends what system you have and what you expect each to bring you. Right now Kindle is the better all around player. He has better technique , better at the POA , and plays the run better. Plus hes alot more versatile , he can be either a OLB or DE in the NFL. If you want him for DE he just needs to put on 15-18 lbs. Hughes is an explosive pass rusher who was used pretty much only on passing downs. I hear alot of Suggs comparisons , I wouldnt go that far , I think Suggs was a better player coming out. Right now hes a " go get em' " guy , someone you just turn loose on an opposing QB. Although this last season he showed better range and looked much better pursuing ball carriers. Like I said hes a great " go get em' " guy w/ a great first step , but lacks any real moves. Plus he allows o-linemen to control him a lil' to much once they meet. Thats a big problem teams will have w/ him. Getting off the block is something every team looks at when drafting a projected OLB. I think most of his flaws are very correctable though , this kid shows intense effort on every play. So becoming a better player by any means will not be a problem w/ him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Here's the difference between Kindle and Hughes.  Kindle is a blitzer and Hughes is a pass rusher.  Their assignments were different in college.  Blitzers have to fill lanes where a rusher does whatever he can to get around a blocker.  Hughes is the safer choice because rushing the QB is what he did.  Kindle is somewhat of an unknown here but it would be interesting to see if he could do it.  Kindle's measurables is what makes scouts place him as an OLB in a 3-4.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

u have to pick production over anything else, and lets face it, its staring you right in the face... Hughes has the better production, hes faster, not as big but he can get the QB when ever u need him to, a consistant motor that never stops, could also contribute on special teams, if Bryant is gone at 22, were gunna get Hughes end of story...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I like both prospects and if I'm not mistaken if you take a closer look at Kindle he played OLB his Junior year with Orakpo.  That is where he had most of his success.  I'm sure Orakpo had something to do with that success but he did however have a good year.  This past season since Orakpo graduated Kindle had to play much more DE which was obviously which looked like it wasn't his natural position.  He did have a monster game in the national championship and seemed like he was in the backfield every other play.  Overally I think he will be the better overall OLB for the Pats.  The off-field stuff doesn't worry me.  It's not like he's pacman jones or brandon marshall. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

The problem with Hughes is his size.  BB likes his OLB in the 6-4 to 6-5 range.