Jesse Williams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Jesse Williams

Alabama NT Jesse Williams is reportedly generating first-round draft grades from "numerous" teams.

Williams is a stout, 6-foot-3, 323-pound "zero technique" nose tackle who could fit defenses like the Ravens, 49ers, or Patriots'. NFP draft guru Russ Lande describes Williams as an athletic nose with an "uncommon" blend of quick feet and "rare" playing strength. He's definitely on the late first-round radar.

Sounds like a BB type of player.. from Bama, nose tackle, and possible a Wilfork compliment/replacement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Jesse Williams

Yea sadly it is about time to start either looking at Forks replacement or atleast bringing in a similar player to make sure he is still productive. last 2 years he has been great but doing waaay too much and wasnt really a factor by time postseason rolled around. I would like to pair this guy with him as opposed to replace and then eventually take over maybe

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Been the top player on my board all season... love this kids game, pedigree and upside.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Yea sadly it is about time to start either looking at Forks replacement or atleast bringing in a similar player to make sure he is still productive. last 2 years he has been great but doing waaay too much and wasnt really a factor by time postseason rolled around. I would like to pair this guy with him as opposed to replace and then eventually take over maybe

had we 7 picks and durign the season i put up the same opinon about gettign a wilfork replacement. 

withr only 3 picks and our #1 need getting a consistent real pas rush esp against better teams, i dond draft a dt. fa would be better. im looking carradine for a pass rusher (ansah joran, werner not within reach)

wr and cb other 2 top needs.

i like hopkins at wr.

if we can trade up to get hopkins and caradine id be ecstatic 

other needs o line, safety, dt, speedy ocver lb

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

had we 7 picks and durign the season i put up the same opinon about gettign a wilfork replacement. 

withr only 3 picks and our #1 need gettign a consistent ral pas rsuh esp against better teams, i dond draft a dt. fa would be better. im looking carradine for a pass rusher (ansah joran, wener not within reach)

Get your point, but they have 5 picks, not 3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

withr only 3 picks and our #1 need gettign a consistent ral pas rsuh esp against better teams, i dond draft a dt. fa would be better. im looking carradine for a pass rusher (ansah joran, wener not within reach)

Get your point, but they have 5 picks, not 3.

hey muzz, im not counting 2- 7th rd picks which are almost udfa type players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Agree Getzo, hoping this kid is there at 29 if Pats stick with pick and decide to take em!  Could be great beside Big Vince

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Agree Getzo, hoping this kid is there at 29 if Pats stick with pick and decide to take em!  Could be great beside Big Vince

While we're dreaming just think about the UPSIDE Jesse could have if he developed advanced rushing tecniques to complement his brute strength! Then (and only then) could we call him a VW clone....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

We've discussed many players, but when it's all sudden done, I think Williams would be the best player that we could land at #29.  If he is there, I believe that BB will take him rather than trade down.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Been the top player on my board all season... love this kids game, pedigree and upside.

MB, I like the other Williams Sly at NC better, but would take either one.  Big Vince needs some help and Love is Not the answer!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

withr only 3 picks and our #1 need getting a consistent real pas rush esp against better teams, i dond draft a dt. fa would be better. im looking carradine for a pass rusher (ansah joran, werner not within reach)

wr and cb other 2 top needs.

i like hopkins at wr.

if we can trade up to get hopkins and caradine id be ecstatic 

other needs o line, safety, dt, speedy ocver lb

perhaps we can trade down from 29 into top rd 2.

use the extra pick and a 2014 mid rd pick  to move up from bottom of rd 2

and take carradine and hopkins in top half of rd 2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

FA is going to be big for us this year considering as of now we only have 3 premium picks. 

something has to happen between now and the draft, or on draft day

1. Bb trades a player or two for picks...mallet, spikes, etc.

2. Bb stocks up in FA on 2 positions...cb and WR. Right now, these 2 positions seem to have an abundance of FA's especially considering rumored releases. Tthis along with a virtually flat cap may mean players don't get big contracts this year.a good time to stock in the cb and WR area. We also have a very young defense, so a FA defender or two may help. Conversely, a set of young legs ar WR would be good, although, bb doesn't have to use an early pick to,do it if he brings in a few FA wr's.

bb usually goes into the draft with breathing room. I don't think this year is any different. He will create it one way or the other.

personally torn on a de like carradine or an interior DT like jwilliams with our first pick wherever it may be. Right leaning towards carradine, hunt or another de that may fall. I think the pats can grab a DT in FA cheaply, plus I don't see any premium pass rushers in FA or they are way over priced.